• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sex, Girlfriend, Am I Allowed?

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Dear Balbir singhji, You may have not remmembered me, But about a 10-12 months back I exposed you as a Man of Baba, And you have commited it that time. You just promoting your bussiness But don't even know about the GOD. Have some fear of HIM, Don't try to interperate the meanings of SGGS Sahebji, Otherwise Kod is ready for you, A good looking face you have but a very Sinfull heart you have. Now You are clearly exposed. ********************.

Rosethorne Ji,

Welcome back to SPN. If you care to see Balbir Singh's profile he has shown his website there. Therefore I don't understand how he has been exposed. Kindly clarify.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all!

The blessed person refers, recites and lives with the Gursabad.
The sufferer's mind engages him with filth.

Dear Rosethrone Jee, why is your mind engaged with words 'Balbir Singh', 'rememembered', 'man of Baba', 'commited', 'promoting', 'business', 'don't even know', 'have some fear', 'Don't try to interperate the meanings of SGGS Sahebji', 'Kod', 'sinnful', 'exposed' etc.
Strange, your post contains three fullstops but nine times, the word 'you'. Nearest God is dwelling within though.

I may be leaving soon on true Gurus word's tour. I may write on this forum again when God wants me to do so.

Balbir Singh

Singh5abi

SPNer
Mar 7, 2008
Four Bujjer Kurehits:
Cutting Kes
Relationships either a girlfreind or a boyfreind
Drugs
Eating Meat

The above should not be commited by a Sikh. I find it hard to believe that people on this forum say that having a girlfreind is "ok" for a Sikh! Then why get married? ********************

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 4, 2007
Four Bujjer Kurehits:
Cutting Kes
Drugs
Eating Meat

The above should not be commited by a Sikh. I find it hard to believe that people on this forum say that having a girlfreind is "ok" for a Sikh! Then why get married? **************

please keep racist remarks out of it. sikhi is for everyone regardless of race.

thank you. :)

Singh5abi

SPNer
Mar 7, 2008
please keep racist remarks out of it.

this is racist?!?!? just how? is there any record of the Gurus having sexual or non-sexual relations outside of marriage? Do you know what happens to those who make girlfreinds? They're thrown in fire, which looks like a woman, and forced to hug the fire. Then jamdoots beat you! Dont believe me? Go look it up, PLEASE! Sikhi is pure, away from Kaam Krodh Lobh Moh and Ahankar. Just because your mind tells you it is OK, does not mean Guru Sahib will accept this.
Im sorry if anyone was offended.

sikhi is for everyone regardless of race.

Only those blessed by Satguru Nanak Dev Ji are given the relatiozation that Sikhi is the one and only path that leads to WaheGuru Jee. What did Guru Gobind SIngh JI say in Bachitter Natak? Here is what he said : Har Har Apna Rah Chalaya!!! Meaning all these people that came to this world, started their own path, made their own followers, and left the world in falsehood. That was why Satguru Nanak Dev Ji came to this world. You're right, Sikhi is for everyone regardless of race. Sorry if I offended anybody, please forgive me. Bibi Jasleen Kaur Jee, you can have an open discussion any time on anything.
WaheGuru Je Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
warning to SinghSabi

Painting entire groups as followers of a criminal, or naming individuals as rapists, in this forum is strictly forbidden. Argue about the issues. Discussions of criminal behavior has to be factual and backed up with documentation. Otherwise we are engaging in intolerance and bigotry.

Mod

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Also it is not "gorey" Sikhs. It is "Gora" Sikhs. And I am one of those Gora Sikhs who gives credit to Yogi Bhajan and huge admiration to 3HO, but is not a follower of Yogi Bhajan.

Singh5abi

SPNer
Mar 7, 2008
Also it is not "gorey" Sikhs. It is "Gora" Sikhs. And I am one of those Gora Sikhs who gives credit to Yogi Bhajan and huge admiration to 3HO, but is not a follower of Yogi Bhajan.

no its GOREY SIKHS IN CORRECT PUNJABI. sorry to offend you, maybe i am being racist here, but im the punjabi here, not you. thats different if you have learned punjabi. But original product stays original. Gora Sikhs makes no sense, as Gora means a white male as a singular form. GOREY refers to either two or more white males, or the whole white race. GORIAANN refers two or more white females.

Sorryy if anyone was offeneded. And i also really apologise for what i said earlier. If you loook up to Yogi Bhajan, then only Guru Sahib can show you the path. Listen to his speeches, he never takes a Gurbani Tuk and does vichaar on it, but rather his own ideas. Offended? Dont believe me? listen to his speeches, although i dont recommend *********** Im sorry if anyone was offeneded here.

whoever deleted the rest of my post, why did you choose to delete the good parts? Like when asked about any records of Guru Sahib having sexual or non-sexual relations with another woman or women outside marriage? There is none! Then what gives us the right to make girlfreinds? It's WRONG! Against SIkhi! Please dont do it! It is just this westernization which denies all the values of any culture or religion. It is westernization where atheism was first born. Its westernization where respecting your elders like your parents is seen odd and only considered "cultural value". Westernization makes no sense, has no moral, no respect, no values, no belief in God, totally against Sikhi, and today the Sikhs are focusing their mind on westernization rather than Sikhi. Our Gurus could've taught what westernization teaches. But they didn't! Because western culture is wrong! Our Gurus knew, know, and will always know more than anybody in this world. Western culture and westerners are not smarter than our Gurus, neither are they smarter than the teachings our Gurus.

Hope this Khalsa Panth comes together in one great unity, where moral values and religious customs are respected.

Sorry if i offended anyone here, im really sorry.:(

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I am going to ignore whether it is gorey or gora. You have again referred to someone who is no longer in a position to defend himself as a criminal.

SECOND WARNNG.

If this happens again, then more severe measures will need to be taken.

Apr 4, 2007
whoever deleted the rest of my post, why did you choose to delete the good parts? Like when asked about any records of Guru Sahib having sexual or non-sexual relations with another woman or women outside marriage? There is none! Then what gives us the right to make girlfreinds? It's WRONG! Against SIkhi! Please dont do it! It is just this westernization which denies all the values of any culture or religion. It is westernization where atheism was first born. Its westernization where respecting your elders like your parents is seen odd and only considered "cultural value". Westernization makes no sense, has no moral, no respect, no values, no belief in God, totally against Sikhi, and today the Sikhs are focusing their mind on westernization rather than Sikhi. Our Gurus could've taught what westernization teaches. But they didn't! Because western culture is wrong! Our Gurus knew, know, and will always know more than anybody in this world. Western culture and westerners are not smarter than our Gurus, neither are they smarter than the teachings our Gurus.

Hope this Khalsa Panth comes together in one great unity, where moral values and religious customs are respected.

Sorry if i offended anyone here, im really sorry.:(

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

how can you sit there and talk about "westernization" as though westerners have cause all the problems in the world, and then say you're sorry to offend?

regarding westerners inventing atheism:

Jains, Buddhists, and Nastik Hindus were all atheists long before western culture even existed.

regarding westerners encouraging inappropriate sexual behavior:

the kama sutra was written in India before western civilization existed. 2000+ year old Hindu temples in india are carved with people (and animals!) engaged in sexual positions most people have never even heard of.

if you look at the history of india, you'll see that the sexual morals acceptable to sikhs were actually encouraged by muslim and christian invaders. not by the original inhabitants of punjab.

please look to your history in depth before blaming everything on "westerners".

and yes, it's STILL offensive, even if you say you're sorry afterwards. :)

fateh!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Four Bujjer Kurehits:
Cutting Kes
Drugs
Eating Meat

The above should not be commited by a Sikh. I find it hard to believe that people on this forum say that having a girlfreind is "ok" for a Sikh! Then why get married? ********************

Please stop making your own maryada .Having a girlfriend or boyfriend is not bujjer kurhit.
not eating meat

TanuRani

SPNer
Jun 5, 2006
Certain rules do not make up Sikhism. If a certain person follows "rules" that doesn't make him/her a true sikh. Sikhism is much deeper than rules. It's a door to God. Things like gf/bf, sex-all this comes as a worldly pleasure. Sikhism focuses not on rights and wrongs, rather it focuses on how one can control their desires, pleasures, and put their energy into becoming one with God. Some of us need a bf/gf to support us, some of us don't. It's personal choice. Remember that whatever happens is because God has planned it that way. So ofcourse our destinies are already written. So don't waste your energies in telling each other what is right or wrong. Rather understand yourself, your strengths, your weaknessess and incorporate teachings of Sikhism into your life. Instead of following "rules" just read the Guru Granth Sahib. We are lucky to have english translations online so we can understand the teachings in English.

Nov 16, 2007
Certain rules do not make up Sikhism. If a certain person follows "rules" that doesn't make him/her a true sikh. Sikhism is much deeper than rules. It's a door to God. Things like gf/bf, sex-all this comes as a worldly pleasure. Sikhism focuses not on rights and wrongs, rather it focuses on how one can control their desires, pleasures, and put their energy into becoming one with God. Some of us need a bf/gf to support us, some of us don't. It's personal choice. Remember that whatever happens is because God has planned it that way. So ofcourse our destinies are already written. So don't waste your energies in telling each other what is right or wrong. Rather understand yourself, your strengths, your weaknessess and incorporate teachings of Sikhism into your life. Instead of following "rules" just read the Guru Granth Sahib. We are lucky to have english translations online so we can understand the teachings in English.
TanuRani, well said. Social norms keep on changing with time. Polygamy was normal in old times, it's not acceptable now. Same sex unions were a big no-no, but some countries are already allowing same sex marriages under the law. Please don't make sikhism strict like islam which is still frozen in Mohamad's time. Rituals always should be secondary to union with God and keep on changing with time.
Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Feb 5, 2008
my answer is no because even you may care for the girlfriend in the end you know that you Will not be able to be together and you can prevent this now i am not sick or Punjabi or Indian but you guys said for god we are all the same i was madly in love with a sick man he lived together for 6 years we have a 3 years old baby and after all we went Thu he left me and our son and get arranged marriage 2 months ago broke my heart and my our son heart and plus hes wife don't know about me and the baby 3 days ago i found out i am pregnant again our second baby he is acting so bad with me even i am leaving him alone is just he can hide us that easy from everyone the only think i can advice regardless your religion race or color we are human and some of us have feelings if that girlfriend fall in love with you and trust you and love you more than anything and you are not honest with her she will end like me alone and heartbroken with a pain i still trying to fight i have no family in the us he was all for me after this were there i go think please think before is to late i am telling you this from the bottom of my heart i am not saying you will do the same is just a example of what can happen when you try something different of what you destiny is and that is arranged marriages not a loved one you know this and every sick here know this so the answer should be very easy right?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Sex outside marriage's in india do happen but its a strict no no in traditional families.

As far as difference between kaam and love is concerned i am sure 99% sex outside marriage happen's because of kaam and not because of love.

I think you answered the debate.

Its relationship based on Kaam we must worry about, not those based on Love. Saying this some people can get attached to the concept of love between two humans.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Four Bujjer Kurehits:
Cutting Kes
Drugs
Eating Meat

I am sorry about this I am going to be blunt, but I get sick of AKJ people posting their Maryada as the Sikh Maryada. The two are seperate and distinct and never the twain shall meet.

lets anayse this:

Cutting Kes

Ever heard of Sehajdhari? Although you may not be a Khalsa Sikh you would be still considered a Sikh.

I have many girlfriends. Not girls I have a physical relationship with but just friends. That would be banned according to this.

Drugs

Does this include Aspirin? Mybe I should not let doctors give me drugs when I have an operation?

Eating Meat

Sorry. The Sikh Rehitmaryada does not ban this.

Apr 4, 2007
I am sorry about this I am going to be blunt, but I get sick of AKJ people posting their Maryada as the Sikh Maryada. The two are seperate and distinct and never the twain shall meet.

is it necessary to insult AKJ like this? the "maryada" posted was not "AKJ". it wasn't even maryada. it was a creation of the writer's own mind.

panthic maryada says bujjar kurhets are:

"dishonouring" hair (cutting, waxing, colouring, etc)
eating halal meat
having sexual relations outside of marriage
using tobacco (often said to include all intoxicants, but the wording is specific to tobacco)

so even though the original poster had most of it wrong... the part about cutting hair is not untrue. cutting hair is a bujjar kurehet according to panthic rehat maryada.

however, in response to your point... committing a bujjar kurehet doesn't make one "not a sikh". however, if one is amritdhari, it does make one a "patit", and one would have to take amrit again, do some punishment, and promise not to commit the mistake again.

but i'm sure you know this. :)

BaljeetSingh

SPNer
Jun 24, 2005
USA
Here is a quote from SGGS....Nto sure if it applies 100% to this thread....but....I thought it is worthwhile...

Page 1381 - Shaikh Farid Shloks...

jW kuAwrI qw cwau vIvwhI qW mwmly ]
jaa kuaaree thaa chaao veevaahee thaa maamulae
When she is a virgin, she is full of desire; but when she is married, then her troubles begin.

PrIdw eyho pCoqwau viq kuAwrI n QIAY ]63]
fureedhaa eaeho pushothaao vath kuaaree n theeai
Fareed, she has this one regret, that she cannot be a virgin again. ||63||

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: