• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Serious Sikh Issue !

Apr 4, 2007
What rules does an individual use to judge the innocence of another individual?

that's a very good question. usually when we watch someone murder our brothers and sisters in cold blood, we call them guilty. i suppose others may not see it that way.

freedom fighters are always called terrorists by their enemies. is it better to sit silently and watch our families die? i do not believe it is. i will leave that to the pacifists... the buddhists, the mennonites, the jains , the conscientious objectors...
(and , sinister, before you twist my words, i am NOT saying anything bad about those religions. there's nothing bad about being a pacifist!)

my poor interpretation of Guru sahib's hukam is that we should not allow tyrants to murder innocents, but should rather protect those in need.

Even Guru Gobind Singh ji only let three arrows fly at him before he acted. thousands of innocent pilgrims killed, plus thousands of other innocents unlawfully jailed, tortured, and murdered by a tyrannical government... that's far more than three arrows in my opinion.

some people find violence so horrid they will never agree with my statements. that's fine. i find violence a distasteful yet sometimes necessary part of maintaining freedom.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM