Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

SendObject

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Mike, Jul 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Mike

Mike
    Expand Collapse

I am using Access97 and am trying to use the SendObject Do command to send a Query result as an Excel attachment, but I keep getting a error message that Microsoft Jet Database engine could not find the object "rstRptQry".

This will work if I create a Table name rstRptQry. I will also work if I create a query and use the acSendQuery parameter.

I am able to read the rstRptQry results using the rstRptQry.MoveNext command.

Is there a way to do it similar to the code below?

strSql = "SELECT tblOrdHst.ShipCond, tblOrdHst.ShipNbr, tblOrdHst.OrdNbr, " _
    & "tblOrdHst.ShipToCust, tblOrdHst.PlanLdDte, tblOrdHst.DlvyDte, tblShipcmp.ShipDte " _
    & "FROM tblShipcmp INNER JOIN tblOrdHst ON tblShipcmp.ShipNbr = tblOrdHst.ShipNbr " _
    & "ORDER BY tblOrdHst.ShipCond, tblOrdHst.ShipNbr, tblOrdHst.OrdNbr; "
    Set rstRptQry = dbs.OpenRecordset(strSql, dbOpenDynaset)
    DoCmd.SendObject acSendTable, "rstRptQry", acFormatXLS, , , , "Completed Shipments", strMsgTxt

thanks in advance for any help you might provide.

Mike

2. schasteen

schasteen
    Expand Collapse

Why don't you just create a queary and use acSendQuery? Right now your code
    is looking for a table named rstRptQry which does not exist.

"Mike" wrote:

> I am using Access97 and am trying to use the SendObject Do command to send a Query result as an Excel attachment, but I keep getting a error message that Microsoft Jet Database engine could not find the object "rstRptQry".
    >
    > This will work if I create a Table name rstRptQry. I will also work if I create a query and use the acSendQuery parameter.
    >
    > I am able to read the rstRptQry results using the rstRptQry.MoveNext command.
    >
    > Is there a way to do it similar to the code below?
    >
    > strSql = "SELECT tblOrdHst.ShipCond, tblOrdHst.ShipNbr, tblOrdHst.OrdNbr, " _
    > & "tblOrdHst.ShipToCust, tblOrdHst.PlanLdDte, tblOrdHst.DlvyDte, tblShipcmp.ShipDte " _
    > & "FROM tblShipcmp INNER JOIN tblOrdHst ON tblShipcmp.ShipNbr = tblOrdHst.ShipNbr " _
    > & "ORDER BY tblOrdHst.ShipCond, tblOrdHst.ShipNbr, tblOrdHst.OrdNbr; "
    > Set rstRptQry = dbs.OpenRecordset(strSql, dbOpenDynaset)
    > DoCmd.SendObject acSendTable, "rstRptQry", acFormatXLS, , , , "Completed Shipments", strMsgTxt
    >
    >
    > thanks in advance for any help you might provide