• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism Sanatan Dharma And Hinduism

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Please give some examples of any Hindu groups who follow the 'scriptures' in reality. That would be of much help.

lol It is the same for Hinduism and Sikhism.The Sikh groups that follow Guru granth sahib in reality are practically non existents .Much of the super liberal discussion we see on forums just exists online only.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam _/|\_

Aristotle ji

but the concept of a 'Hindu-Christian', 'Sikh-Buddhist' may theoretically sound very good and hearty, in reality is nothing but the height of idealism.
Hinduism, like any other religion, may have its unique understanding and I respect that.

One of my teachers, Lex Hixon, made it work. I believe some are meant to walk in sacred parallel worlds. While I might not make communion from a Hindu perspective, I can see a lot of common threads attaching Jesus' pbuh teachings and Sanatan Dharma.

My spirituality is deeply immersed in interspirituality so I have studied and reflected on various religions. I believe, like Ramakrishna believed, all religions lead people to the same Place.

Nam Jiwan :tablakudi:

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
lol It is the same for Hinduism and Sikhism.The Sikh groups that follow Guru granth sahib in reality are practically non existents .Much of the super liberal discussion we see on forums just exists online only.

For some clarification, I didn't mean to disgrace Hinduism. What you are saying was the same point I was trying to touch, but in a different vein, please read the whole post and my previous posts carefully...

sid

SPNer
Jun 9, 2012
india
the name sanatan was given by Adi shankaracharya...and the name hindu was given by i think persians(i may be wrong i am not sure) because of those people who used to live around Sindhu or Indus river.
initially the word Dharm(religion) and karm(action) were synonyms of each other,and there were four kinds of action(karm)..to be associated with knowledge(brahaman)<remember at that time brahaman was a action and reward not cast>...to save and secure people(kshatriya),business(vaishya)...cleaning and serving the society(shoodra)....and shoodra was word not cast......but later brahaman becomes strong and they created such an environment which is still making differences and generates strong violence.think deep then reach to conclusion.

Last edited:

sanj007

SPNer
Dec 13, 2010
......but later brahaman becomes strong and they created such an environment which is still making differences and generates strong violence.t

Vedas have no caste as per later social evil of caste. Vedas talk of dignity of labour, as all functions/jobs need to work together for the betterment of society:
http://agniveer.com/dignity-of-labor/
Rigveda 1.117.21
The King and minister should sow seeds and do farming from time to time to set right examples for Arya. This makes them deserving of praise.
Rigveda 8.22.6 echoes the same sentiment.
Rigveda 4.57.4 states that the king should hold the plough and start the farming during beginning of season. He should also ensure healthy cows for milk.

Thus it is evident that not only Vedas contain description of various kinds of skills and technology, but also glorify the dignity of labor.
It is a baseless allegation that Vedas demean those involved in labor-oriented tasks.
On contrary, Vedas affirm highest Dignity of Labor

My caste: Human, my function something else gained through learning and training.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM