Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!

India SAD set to forge alliance with Sant Samaj

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Archived_Member16, Aug 7, 2011.

  1. Archived_Member16

    Archived_Member16
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2005
    Messages:
    3,451
    Likes Received:
    3,761
    August 6, 2011

    SAD set to forge alliance with Sant Samaj

    Perneet Singh/TNS

    Amritsar, August 6

    Even as the ruling SAD and the Sant Samaj are holding talks for forging an alliance in the SGPC elections, there are reports of differences cropping up between the two over candidature of some seats. According to sources, the Sant Samaj, a body of saints belonging to different sects, has reportedly sought the seats of Sirhind and Banga from where SGPC executive member Karnail Singh Panjoli and SGPC general secretary Sukhdev Singh Bhaur respectively got elected in the last elections.

    Both Panjoli and Bhaur are loyalists of former SGPC chief Gurcharan Singh Tohra. However, the SAD is averse to the idea as it would send a message to the Tohra loyalists that they are not being taken care of after their leader is gone. Sources said the Sant Samaj intends to field its general secretary Paramjit Singh Maalpur from Banga and its vice-president Baba Hari Singh Randhawa from Sirhind. Sources said Panjoli and Bhaur are being targeted as both of them had opposed the amendments in the Nanakshahi Calendar which were made on the insistence of the Sant Samaj.

    The duo had walked out of the SGPC executive meeting after writing a dissenting note against the amendments. Talking to The Tribune, Jasbir Singh Rode, who is holding parleys with the SAD on behalf of the Sant Samaj, said they have demanded 30 seats from the ruling party and have twice met the SAD leadership over the last couple of days. He said they have already got Valtoha seat for their candidate Baba Avtar Singh. He, however, denied that they have sought both Sirhind and Banga seats. “We have only demanded Sirhind seat for Baba Hari Singh Randhawa,” he said. Among the other seats sought by the Sant Samaj are Budhlada for Baba Sukhchain Singh, Longowal for Baba Buta Singh and Garshshankar for Baba Charanjeet Singh. He said there are bound to be issues with some seats and they have handed over their list to the SAD. SAD Secretary Daljeet Singh Cheema also denied reports of any rift.

    Panthic Morcha to meet today

    The Panthic Morcha will hold a meeting in Chandigarh on Sunday, after which it may announce the convener/ chairman of the morcha, besides releasing its first list of candidates. Senior Dal Khalsa leader Kanwar Pal Singh said the leaders of the morcha held the first round of talks in Ludhiana on Friday during which they reached a consensus on almost 80 per cent of the seats. “We will hold a discussion on the remaining 20 per cent seats on Sunday,” he said.

    source: http://www.tribuneindia.com/2011/20110807/punjab.htm#5
     
  2. Loading...

    Similar Threads Forum Date
    India Setback for SAD, Manjit Singh Calcutta to support Congress Breaking News Jan 17, 2012
    The Sad Reality Of Casteism Hard Talk Oct 23, 2016
    Controversial Sikhism And Yogi Bhajan's Solstice Tantric Yoga Sadhana Hard Talk Jul 15, 2016
    Sant And Sadhu Gurmat Vichaar Project Feb 19, 2015
    India Indian woman kills leopard that attacked her By Shiv Prassad Joshi Breaking News Aug 27, 2014

  3. Gyani Jarnail Singh

    Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2004
    Messages:
    7,623
    Likes Received:
    14,188
    this is just shadow play...bachitar natak !! while the opposition seems to be crumbling..Mann already fielding 170 on his own..now the karnail Peer Muhammed faction also fielding 170 candidiates...another faction also doing same..so already 3 or 4 cornered fights are sure on all seats...and the Winner will be Badal...as his votes will be block votes and the opposition splintered..More GLOOM and BADAL days ahead >????
     
  4. spnadmin

    spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2004
    Messages:
    14,551
    Likes Received:
    19,200
    I don't know why the title states "set to forge alliance with Sant Samaj?" Is this the first time? They form an alliance with Sant Samaj every time there is one or another sort of election. You can see it on YouTube.
     
  5. Gyani Jarnail Singh

    Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2004
    Messages:
    7,623
    Likes Received:
    14,188
    :mundabhangra::mundabhangra::mundabhangra::mundabhangra::mundabhangra:
     

Share This Page