• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

RSS And Hindutva A Poison To Sikhi . Is Anyone Else A Bit Cynical About Whats Happenin In Gurdwara

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
Now , let me clarify I am not opposed to "Gagan main thaal rav chand deepak bane" , or more commonly known as Aarti shabad , sung by Guru Nanak himself .
Its said this baani came to Guru Nanak dev ji when pandits in Jagannath temple asked him "Why you sitting outside when a grand aarti is happening inside temple" . To which Guru Nanak dev ji sang the popular aarti shabad describing how the whole of universe is one big aarti of god and a small lamp-lit aarti is no justice to grandiose and purity of god's majesty .

But since last few years, this shabad started being sung in Harmandar sahib (golden temple) , oddly enough at the time of sunset when hindu temples usually do aarti .
Now its being sung in many more gurdwaras. My mom told me today even our local gurdwaras started it

So , is this creeping brahminism in our sikhi that at a particular time of day, we're to sing aarti shabad

Yes, Yes , I know its our baani ! but singing at only particular time of the day when people of other religions do aarti in their temples , it does raise my alarms !

What do you guys think ?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Its a tough one, and double edged, do you stick to what is absolute and risk losing numbers, or do you give the people what they want, people want poorenmashi, and they want arti, yes, its flawed, but we are all flawed, its simply the path of least resistance, palatable or not.

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
The thing is more complicated because the shabad being sung is Guru Nanak dev ji's baani !
Perhaps thats why anti sikh forces chose sikh shabad , because they know well !
or maybe hindutva is not behind this and its all a conjecture of my mind !

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: