Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

RSS And Hindutva A Poison To Sikhi . Is Anyone Else A Bit Cynical About Whats Happenin In Gurdwara

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by Seeker2013, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Seeker2013

Seeker2013 India
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Now , let me clarify I am not opposed to "Gagan main thaal rav chand deepak bane" , or more commonly known as Aarti shabad , sung by Guru Nanak himself .
    Its said this baani came to Guru Nanak dev ji when pandits in Jagannath temple asked him "Why you sitting outside when a grand aarti is happening inside temple" . To which Guru Nanak dev ji sang the popular aarti shabad describing how the whole of universe is one big aarti of god and a small lamp-lit aarti is no justice to grandiose and purity of god's majesty .

But since last few years, this shabad started being sung in Harmandar sahib (golden temple) , oddly enough at the time of sunset when hindu temples usually do aarti .
    Now its being sung in many more gurdwaras. My mom told me today even our local gurdwaras started it

So , is this creeping brahminism in our sikhi that at a particular time of day, we're to sing aarti shabad

Yes, Yes , I know its our baani ! but singing at only particular time of the day when people of other religions do aarti in their temples , it does raise my alarms !

What do you guys think ?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Loading...