• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Rituals And Practices Of The Caste System

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
I would like to draw a attention of all the sikh community and main souce of sikhism teaching by our GURUS from Akal Takhat. Fundamentals principals and teachings by our Gurus and by GURU GOBIND SINGH JI MAHARAJ that we all are bhai sahib without any attachement to cast system or rituals of any kinds.

But after when Khalsa was created with one last name to be called before first name SINGH so the brotherhood is stronger to be bhai sahibs with each others.

We all creaped into the same practices of believing in cast system and belief in all kinds of rituals like hindus.This was one of the main barrier Guru Nanak Dev ji dismantled and preached every one that we all are one. Only the deeds of a man can put you down in class.

Our so called leaders whose total responsabilyies are to promote the sikhiism as the same what our basic teachings Gurus Sahibs left with us. No cast systme,no ritual, one God and Guru Gobind Singh gave us to be all bhai Sahibs with one name called singh.Where is every body when we are decending into the same rituals when Guru Nanak Dev ji travelled all over the world to be recognized as one human race with any cast system which made India divided into cast systems with full of horable treatments of the unprevileged class.

When some one ask us what is the differnce between sikh and hindus. First thing we say we do not believe in cast systme:eek:.
Second one we do not perform any rituals:eek:.
and others like do not believe in BUT PUJA:eek:

Please give me your input so we can advance the most practical teaching of Sat Gur Nanak Dev ji among all the sikhs to abondon all forbidden practices first before we can teach the world.

Jaspi

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
Re: Introducing Myself

Sat Sri Akal Ji.Yes you have a answer to all your questions .

The answers were delivered by Baba Guru Nanak Deve ji Saheb that there is no hindu nor moslims and shooders but we all are one and come from one light.

Is this is not enough?????

No when some one other than indian national question you ."what is the difference in you and hindus?" We react forcefully that "we do not believe in cast system"
What a BIG lie we commit every day . That is why we could not multiply ourselves into a bigger nation and still carry our family name according to what cast we belongs to. This all was disolved by Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji by creating one khalsa by giving us one family name SINGH. But no we have so many family names. Each family names is reciogonized by the cast if one is Jat,Khasa brothr,carpenter.tunk shatri and many to write.

Another wrong doing.Even our administeration in Akal Thakhat has a memebers there with other name than SINGH .Preach what you practice.

Yes to your question if you believe in Sahib Guru Nanak Dev ji there is no cast system and intercast marriages are perfectly OK if you accept it unless you are suffering from false EGO that you are superior human being by having high cast.

That was the problem which Shri Ram Chander ji try to remove by eating Bhilni's berr,Shri Gur Nanak Dev Ji's whole philosphy in not to believe in cast system,Mahatama Gandhi came and change the name of shooders to be called Hari Jan (God's Childerens)

But being so much engrossed in your ego and doing nothing to follow your own faith but looking for answers to your question about inter cast marriages. Think if you believe in sikh faith at all??????????????

Jaspi

Hi My self Bhupinder singh,i am here for topic of inter caste marriages and wht sikhism is sayin on intercaste marriages?

hope will get soon sme replies

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada

[

This topic supposed to be very less popular here.Who beieve in cast system is breaking the fundamental teaching of Shi Guru Nanak Dev ji that as sikh we do not believe in cast . There is cast in sikhism.Let the rest of people still believe in cast and be ashmed and be hypocrate in the eyes of God.It is big breach of SHRI GURU NANAK DEV JI'S TEACHINGs.

Jaspi

The topic of intercaste marriages is a very popular topic here. There is more than one thread related to marriage and dating that you will probably find very interesting. Please enjoy our discussions on that topic and on all the other topics. We are very happy you have joined us. Welcome to SPN!

Antonia[/quote]

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada

Welcome to this wonderful forum in sikh philisphy. Number one lesson is to learn is be a true to your self and others. Number two praise the God and His creations.
Forget about all authorities by relegions preaching or plitical motivations or teaching you all kinds of threat from God if you do this this will be your punishment or do not do that . They will trying their authrity on truth where as Truth is authority by itself.

One must be brave enough to understand the facts being experienced in our comminity since over 300 years and getting worst every year passed by.
Jaspi

[

This topic supposed to be very less popular here.Who beieve in cast system is breaking the fundamental teaching of Shi Guru Nanak Dev ji that as sikh we do not believe in cast . There is cast in sikhism.Let the rest of people still believe in cast and be ashmed and be hypocrate in the eyes of God.It is big breach of SHRI GURU NANAK DEV JI'S TEACHINGs.

Jaspi

The topic of intercaste marriages is a very popular topic here. There is more than one thread related to marriage and dating that you will probably find very interesting. Please enjoy our discussions on that topic and on all the other topics. We are very happy you have joined us. Welcome to SPN!

Antonia
[/quote]

stocksmgm

SPNer
Sep 22, 2006
Re: Caste issue among Sikhs

Biggest problem among Sikhs is not the caste rather it is the class. We all come from a very status conscious society and over the years, each caste has developed a certain class and regardless how well one prosper he or she just can't change manners they behave with and those manners shows one's class. I come from Jat Sikh family, my father is well educated but his brothers are not. I grew up in the city while my cousins in the village. Even though we have same caste and sub cast but now have different class. My children will never be able to go back and marry in a family that will have similar class to my cousins. At the same token, regardless how well we have improved our class but when it comes for the Sikh Bhapa JI family from the city, they still going to perceive me as Sikh coming from Jat Family with no brain and I'm going to think of their calss as Bhapa Ji who have no heart to fight, with sweet talk but knife under the armpit. Now that perception of class is what hurt us most. Caste plays a little role but class plays a greater role. Bottom line is perception of class on the basis of caste becomes the problem among different castes. We are now more class oriented society than caste oriented especially among educated people. Once a scheduled class becomes an IAS or IPS, he won't even go back to marry in his caste or have his children marry in his caste...I hope I was able to make my point.:ice:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM