• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

USA Republican Senator Says Pregnancy From Rape 'Intended By God'

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Indiana Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock has said that pregnancy caused by rape is something "God intended" and not a situation that justifies an abortion, roiling a tight race less than two weeks before the election.

Mr Mourdock's comment came in response to a voter-submitted question toward the end of a debate on Tuesday night with his opponents, Democratic US Representative Joe Donnelly and Libertarian candidate Andrew Horning.

"I've struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realise that life is that gift from God," said Mr Mourdock, the state's treasurer. "And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/republi...nded-by-god-20121024-2863o.html#ixzz2AFxAg8ur

~-~-~

Nothing like men telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies. One man rapes a woman by FORCE and another FORCES her to keep the baby she may or may not want to bear.

:angryyoungkaur:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Well, the republicans are now coming out with personal thoughts as the heat gets comes on. Usually towards the near end of campaigns when the stress is on, is when ths spur of the moment comments start erupting.
The republicans have not done too many favours for the hispanics or latinos in US and have made it obvious that they are ignoring the needs of USA's largest ethinic community.

Should the rape victim have an abortion ?
I don't think I or anyone besides the victim or to be mother, has the right to make this decision.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Well, I don't like to talk politics, but my favourite in my lifetime was Clinton.
The debates have been good, although I think Obama was not so strong in the 1st one.
But watching Clint Eastwood's shameful performance to help the republicans was very disturbing for me personally as I have been a huge movie fan of his for over 30 years.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Nothing like men telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies. One man rapes a woman by FORCE and another FORCES her to keep the baby she may or may not want to bear.
...and with that all men are labelled as oppressors.

:blueturban::happysingh::)

The question I want to ask everyone is do men ever get a say in when women should have a child?

Last edited:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
hahah!!

wait.. I asked

The question I want to ask everyone is do men ever get a say in when women should have a child?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Question is too vague.

"When women should have a child." Do you mean when she should conceive? Or about abortion?

But I still say, unless you're going to carry it for 9 months etc etc then no, it will always ultimately be the woman's decision.

And it goes the other way - a family friend was punched in the tummy by her husband because she was pregnant and he didn't want her to be.

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
...and with that all men are labelled as oppressors.

:blueturban::happysingh::)

Big difference between a married couple & rape victim etc. O wait, married CONSENTING couple. I assume part of that lifestyle is splitting resources & decisions so everyone has a role & you get to decide things like procreation together.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: