Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

USA Republican Senator says Pregnancy from Rape 'Intended by God'

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Ishna, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Indiana Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock has said that pregnancy caused by rape is something "God intended" and not a situation that justifies an abortion, roiling a tight race less than two weeks before the election.

Mr Mourdock's comment came in response to a voter-submitted question toward the end of a debate on Tuesday night with his opponents, Democratic US Representative Joe Donnelly and Libertarian candidate Andrew Horning.

"I've struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realise that life is that gift from God," said Mr Mourdock, the state's treasurer. "And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/republi...nded-by-god-20121024-2863o.html#ixzz2AFxAg8ur

~-~-~

Nothing like men telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies. One man rapes a woman by FORCE and another FORCES her to keep the baby she may or may not want to bear.

:angryyoungkaur:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

3. Luckysingh

Luckysingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Well, the republicans are now coming out with personal thoughts as the heat gets comes on. Usually towards the near end of campaigns when the stress is on, is when ths spur of the moment comments start erupting.
    The republicans have not done too many favours for the hispanics or latinos in US and have made it obvious that they are ignoring the needs of USA's largest ethinic community.

Should the rape victim have an abortion ?
    I don't think I or anyone besides the victim or to be mother, has the right to make this decision.

• Like Like x 1
  4. namjiwankaur

namjiwankaur
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

Sat Nam _/|\_

Most of the politicians in the US act like a bunch of circus clowns nowadays. No, wait, that would be offending the circus clowns. lol lol lol

Nam Jiwan :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Luckysingh

Luckysingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Well, I don't like to talk politics, but my favourite in my lifetime was Clinton.
    The debates have been good, although I think Obama was not so strong in the 1st one.
    But watching Clint Eastwood's shameful performance to help the republicans was very disturbing for me personally as I have been a huge movie fan of his for over 30 years.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BhagatSingh

BhagatSingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer sikhiart.com

...and with that all men are labelled as oppressors.

:blueturban::happysingh::)

The question I want to ask everyone is do men ever get a say in when women should have a child?

#5 BhagatSingh, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  7. Luckysingh

Luckysingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Yes, In Gay marriages !!lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. BhagatSingh

BhagatSingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer sikhiart.com

hahah!!

wait.. I asked

The question I want to ask everyone is do men ever get a say in when women should have a child?

9. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Question is too vague.

"When women should have a child." Do you mean when she should conceive? Or about abortion?

But I still say, unless you're going to carry it for 9 months etc etc then no, it will always ultimately be the woman's decision.

And it goes the other way - a family friend was punched in the tummy by her husband because she was pregnant and he didn't want her to be.

10. Navdeep88

Navdeep88 Canada
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Supporter

Big difference between a married couple & rape victim etc. O wait, married CONSENTING couple. I assume part of that lifestyle is splitting resources & decisions so everyone has a role & you get to decide things like procreation together.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BhagatSingh

BhagatSingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer sikhiart.com

• Like Like x 1