Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!

remove security from file

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by thread, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. thread

    thread
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    hi all,

    does anyone know how can i delete a security made by the security
    wizard

    (in access 2000)
     
  2. Loading...


  3. Rick Brandt

    Rick Brandt
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    thread wrote:
    > hi all,
    >
    > does anyone know how can i delete a security made by the security
    > wizard
    >
    > (in access 2000)


    Open Access using the secured workgroup file and log in as someone with full
    permissions on the file. Once in the file grant Full permissions to the
    group "Users" on all objects.

    Now close Access and reopen without using the secured workgroup and create a
    new blank file. From that file import all of the objects from the previously
    secured file. The permissions granted to "Users" should now allow you to do
    this.

    The resulting file will be identical to one that never had security applied.

    However; the wizard normally makes a backup of your file so you should be
    able to just revert to that (unless data has been entered since it was
    secured).

    --
    Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
    Email (as appropriate) to...
    RBrandt at Hunter dot com
     
  4. thread

    thread
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    yes data have been entered,
    what is the best way to copy all the data from one access file to
    another?(including tables,queries,macros and vba code)?
    Rick Brandt wrote:
    > thread wrote:
    > > hi all,
    > >
    > > does anyone know how can i delete a security made by the security
    > > wizard
    > >
    > > (in access 2000)

    >
    > Open Access using the secured workgroup file and log in as someone with full
    > permissions on the file. Once in the file grant Full permissions to the
    > group "Users" on all objects.
    >
    > Now close Access and reopen without using the secured workgroup and create a
    > new blank file. From that file import all of the objects from the previously
    > secured file. The permissions granted to "Users" should now allow you to do
    > this.
    >
    > The resulting file will be identical to one that never had security applied.
    >
    > However; the wizard normally makes a backup of your file so you should be
    > able to just revert to that (unless data has been entered since it was
    > secured).
    >
    > --
    > Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
    > Email (as appropriate) to...
    > RBrandt at Hunter dot com
     
  5. Wolfgang Kais

    Wolfgang Kais
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Hello "thread".

    "thread" wrote:
    > does anyone know how can i delete a security made by the
    > security wizard (in access 2000)


    Log an as the owner of the database.
    Grant all permissions for all objects to the Users group
    Create a blank database using the default system.mdw file
    and import all objects from the other database.

    --
    Regards,
    Wolfgang
     
  6. Rick Brandt

    Rick Brandt
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    thread wrote:
    > yes data have been entered,
    > what is the best way to copy all the data from one access file to
    > another?(including tables,queries,macros and vba code)?
    > Rick Brandt wrote:


    If you do the procedure in my previous post then you will get all of your
    data.

    --
    Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
    Email (as appropriate) to...
    RBrandt at Hunter dot com
     

Share This Page