Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Christianity Religious Colors being banned in America?

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by S|kH, Dec 16, 2004.

1. S|kH

S|kH
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Ha, how ridiculous is this :

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41955

....Commenting on the white-only policy for party supplies, Shackeford quipped, "I guess nobody has told them white could symbolize the purity of Christ. They'd probably ban white!"...

lol, this "ban" will be overturned in a matter of days.

2. Loading...

3. Arvind

Arvind
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor Supporter

The religious hostility disguised in the french ban is asking for this themselves.

Look at the extreme non-issue:
    "We've even got a mom who went to the school asking if her daughter at her birthday party could hand out a pencil with 'Jesus' on it," Shackelford told WND, "and the principal got so upset with her that he called the police.

Only if the banning authorities understand the meaning of freedom of religion, expression and speech, such incidents creating violence at mental level would decrease exponentially.

I guess, things are well understood when one gets into another person's shoes.

Regards.

4. Eclectic

Eclectic
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

People are so stupid. If only we educated each other on our differences in religion, then maybe we wouldn't have to do so much censoring. This is another sign, in my opinion, that our country is falling slowly but surely...just like Rome.

5. S|kH

S|kH
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

But, in that case...than our recent election would be a sign that we want to save our country?

Since, Bush stands for things like keeping religion alive..

6. Eclectic

Eclectic
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I think he only cares about his own religion. Look at the faith-based communites, they're soley for Christians and Christians only. That's not keeping religion alive if you only do things for one religion and no other.

7. S|kH

S|kH
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

He's helped Sikhs out alot more as opposed to Kerry calling us terrorists...