• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Regarding Sikh Girls

Apr 4, 2007
Do you want to say that poor american's also don't know about birth control and whole russia is very well educated to know about it

well, i don't believe in absolutes, and i know nothing of russia's culture, so i won't even touch that one.

but yes, it's very true that many uneducated people in america do not understand birth control. christian fundamentalists try very hard to keep birth control education out of schools here, and they're often successful. or they teach that it is wrong or immoral, and the less educated tend to be more susceptible to such propaganda.

perhaps india is an extreme case, but it illustrates a point. i think we often use extremes to prove a point, right? :)

but looking at GENERAL TRENDS, birth rates are usually higher with poverty and lower with education.

russia excepted, obviously. :)

Jan 23, 2008
2007/2008 Report

05Demographic trends

Population, annual growth rate (%)
- - - - - - - US UK Russia India
(1975-05) 1.0 0.2 0.2 2.0
(2005-15) 0.9 0.4 -0.5 1.4
Fertility rate, total (births per woman)
(1975-05) 2.0 2.0 2.0 5.3
(2005-15) 2.0 1.7 1.3 3.1

Adult illiteracy rate (% aged 15 and older)
(1975-05) 1.0 1.0 1.0 39.0

figures taken from
Statistics - Human Development Report Office

Thats just to sort out the arguement above..but i dnt really see what revelevance that has to the original thread :S

hoie iekqR imlhu myry BweI duibDw dUir krhu ilv lwie ]
hoe eikathr milahu maerae bhaaee dhubidhhaa dhoor karahu liv laae ||
Come and join together, O my Siblings of Destiny; dispel your sense of duality and let yourselves be lovingly absorbed in the Lord.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki FATEH!!

Last edited:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I blame the media for this!! :}--}:
We have to get in and change the world!
A good start would be making films, games, comics... like SarblohWarriors - Home or jatlee.blogspot.com, who is starting a comic. Singh Media - SinghMedia : Working for the Sikh Community - has also created Sikhi related T Shirts and cartoon characters. As we get more strong Singhs and Singhnis in the media, we''ll start to see a change.

i agree with this 100%. i think the problem is that these guys who would cut their hair for a girl actually PREFER cut haired girls, with waxed legs and threaded eyebrows. if they were talking to gursikh girls, no one would suggest they cut their hair... but they have what's called a "double standard". they want a girl who looks like a bollywood star while they keep their turban and beard. and they wonder why little miss bollywood has no interest in them.

i will never understand this. why do sikh men prefer girls who cut their hair? and then complain that it's really the other way out?

how many of you guys who are complaining so much would go for a girl with heavy eyebrows or a mustache? if those things are a problem for you, think long and hard about why you're keeping your own kes, and meditate on the word "hypocrite".

because if religious sikh guys were going for religious sikh girls, this "problem" wouldn't exist.

but instead they want to keep their kes and marry girls who wax and trim and pluck and thread.

sorry, it's probably not gonna happen.

interestingly, there are four mixed race marriages at my gurdwara, and ALL of the men have their kes. :) if your own women don't like you as you are, maybe it's time to think outside the box.

(don't kill me, i'm just joking. i know i'll probably get death threats from some angry punjabi woman for this... :) )
So true!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2008
Kansas & Haiti
I live in a small college town and the nearest Sikh center is over an hour away. There are very few Sikhs anywhere around here -- I certainly never expect to see one. But last week I took this new job and as I was walking out of the building I saw the pictures of the last year's best employees out of the corner of my eye and stopped suddenly to back up and take a second look -- there right in the middle was the most awesomely gorgeous man with a turban, thick black beard and beautiful eyes.

A Sikh! Here!? I was so taken aback and excited! So I've been kind of looking around since then thinking I might see him or his wife or something. Today I finally asked someone where that guy worked. They said, "The one with the turban?" I said yes and they rolled their eyes and said they hadn't seen him and hoped they didn't because they couldn't stand Muslims.

I told her, "No -- he's a Sikh... they're nothing like Muslims! They're from India and they're very ethical, fascinating people." But she just kind of shrugged her shoulders.

I think there is a lot of ignorance out there and many Sikhs are under pressure because people are mistaking them for Muslims. I wonder if some young Sikhs are cutting their hair for that reason? I hope not!

But as for my personal thoughts on Sikh men with long hair and turbans -- wow. There is no man more handsome than a Sikh. NONE. A LOT of women are really enthralled by a Sikh man with his beard and turban, knowing that he has that long beautiful hair... I'll tell you the truth -- lots of women are virtually intoxicated by a man with long silky hair.

Don't you EVER cut it!

I know a family of Sikhs who moved to the States many years ago. They are both doctors and are very busy people. They both started cutting their hair a few years after they arrived. I asked her why and she said it was just too time consuming, especially for him. I am sad about that. I would have loved to have seen them before they cut their hair.

There's nothing as beautiful on anyone as long natural hair.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
But as for my personal thoughts on Sikh men with long hair and turbans -- wow. There is no man more handsome than a Sikh. NONE. A LOT of women are really enthralled by a Sikh man with his beard and turban, knowing that he has that long beautiful hair... I'll tell you the truth -- lots of women are virtually intoxicated by a man with long silky hair.

Dear caroline

If I am not wrong women don't like long hair on men and they hate beard too .I read many surveys on This and majority of women not at all like beard.If women really like long hair on men then why very few non sikh men keep it.?

Apr 4, 2007
Dear caroline

If I am not wrong women don't like long hair on men and they hate beard too .I read many surveys on This and majority of women not at all like beard.If women really like long hair on men then why very few non sikh men keep it.?

what surveys? who takes them and who do they poll? i know a lot of american women who prefer men with long hair and/or beards. just because the "majority" doesn't like something doesn't mean we all don't.

keep in mind, even 1% of women is still millions of people!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
what surveys? who takes them and who do they poll? i know a lot of american women who prefer men with long hair and/or beards. just because the "majority" doesn't like something doesn't mean we all don't.

keep in mind, even 1% of women is still millions of people!

Come on jasleen Please accept this truth that women like shaven faces that's why majority of romantic films they show cute shaven heroes not the bearded one.whether it is hollywood or bollywood they hardly show hero sporting beards.so I simply cannot beleive this that women like beards.

The following thread I posted months back about ranting of a non sikh man who blames shaving on women

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/general/17076-real-men-don-t-shave.html

Apr 4, 2007
Come on jasleen Please accept this truth that women like shaven faces that's why majority of romantic films they show cute shaven heroes not the bearded one.whether it is hollywood or bollywood they hardly show hero sporting beards.so I simply cannot beleive this that women like beards.

The following thread I posted months back about ranting of a non sikh man who blames shaving on women

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/general/17076-real-men-don-t-shave.html

you see everything in black and white, but it's not like that in the real world. some women like beards. some of us think a man without a beard looks like a little boy, not a man. women certainly prefer men with more overt masculine signs, and a beard is one of those.

here are some totally non-scientific proofs of this. :)

Ladies... Do you prefer men with a beard or men with no facial hair? - Yahoo! Answers

Do women prefer men with facial hair or no? - Yahoo! Answers

looks like women become more attracted to facial hair as they get older... maybe they stop liking the "little boy" look at an older age? :)

Ladies, are you attracted to men with facial hair? (kiss, attractive, relative) - Relationships - Page 3 - City-Data Forum

some people say women prefer men who look like their dad... so if dad is clean shaven, of course she'll go for clean shaven guys.

(my dad has a mustache and had a beard when i was a kid :) )

Women Prefer Men Who Look Like Dad - BellaOnline Forums

seriously, it totally depends on the woman. even if you base your logic on bollywood, every recent bollywood hero has at least a little bit of beard... i mean has abhisheck bachan ever actually shaved? somehow i doubt it. :)

plus, check out the hot american model/actor Waris Singh Ahluwalia, who ALWAYS has some hot young model on his arm:

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/i/partypictures/09_09_07/prada/prada20.jpg

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
I have followed this thread, interesting discussion,poverty, birth control and european and russian culture. Permit me to say that one can visualise that there would be marriages amongst American sikhs and indians. This would be a pleasant change as the girls who used to marry NRIs got cheated many times.Religious indian Girls may now prefer american sikhs if it is mutually suitable, and I see no reason of it being unsuitable .

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
bingo

and i hope people stop railing girls for liking guys with cut hair... LOL

its PERSONAL choice !!!

Last edited:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
bingo

and i hope people stop railing girls for liking guys with cut hair... LOL

its PERSONAL choice !!!

Yes then feminists should also stop blaming men for prefering beautiful fair skinned girls,
housewives etc.Its also a personal choice.
I am really surprised by this world when women rant that men have double standards that they don't prefer dark skinned girls then they are racists and when women discriminate then its personal choice.

very good

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
hahaha

reeks of male chauvanism and female chauvanism too

point is:

diversion to feminism will not cover up or explain the locus standi of "religious" sikh guys crying that "non-religious" sikh/non sikh girls are cutting their hair...

beliefs are personal matter.

marriage is union of souls.

so if people donot have common personal beliefs....itis akin to forcing someone into marriage.

ah...

and men are free to choose fair skinned girls..

there are only 20% of them ;)

and THEY have to choose them too :D

Last edited:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Belifs are personal choice but here no one is asking cut hair sikh girls to stop cutting their hair they are just discriminating men with turban and beards.

Also there are 20% fair skinned girls but others should also take cosmetic treatment for this .After all its matter of personal choice.so they should change themselves according to needs of personal choice.

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<they are just discriminating men with turban and beards.>>

and vice versa..

those guys are being too rigid and not considering the sentiments of those girls..

how abt that!!

<<Also there are 20% fair skinned girls but others should also take cosmetic treatment for this .After all its matter of personal choice.so they should change themselves according to needs of personal choice.>>>

could you be more lucid?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
and vice versa..

those guys are being too rigid and not considering the sentiments of those girls..

how abt that!!

Wow when girls discriminate its sentiments when men discriminate then they are bad.
O.K. then giving and taking dowry is also personal choice why people are against it.if an Ias officer can fetch dowry of 10 million rupeesss from any rich girl then its his personal choice.No need to say anything against dowry.AFTER ALL ITS PERSONAL CHOICE WE SHOULD RESPECT THE SENTIMENTS OF THOSE MEN WHICH ARE CAPABALE OF FETCHING SUCH HIGH DOWRY.

could you be more lucid?

There are various cosmetic treatments available these days for girls to enhance there beauty like silicon implants,skin color improvement etc.How about if boys ask girls to
do take these treatments after all its a matter of personal choice and sentiments.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: