• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Leisure Rebellious MUCH?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: Q: Rebellious MUCH?

sinister ji

This is one of those questions where I will answer it now and think of something even more rebellious just as I am going to sleep tonight. Then I will forget.

Most of my rebellions came after age 50. At that time in my life I had decided that it was a waste of time and energy to try to be everyone's friend. That may not fit well with the words of Guru Nanak in some places in SGGS. However, to be the friend of everyone is to be the friend of no one. More important to be true to oneself.

Recently the most rebellious thing I have done is to start a fan page on facebook in support of Professor Darshan Singh, called Fateh Professor Darshan Singh! We support you! That might not sound rebellious compared to the stories others may tell. But for me that is very rebellious. It marks publicly where I stand on the issue of Dasam Granth, exposes me to both ridicule and even charges of atheism, slander, etc., and I can't back out of it now, even if I wanted to find a comfort zone, or cozy up the opposition.

In truth I have always been someone who had more moral courage than physical courage. And tend to put my reputation and my political capital at risk in my life off-line whenever someone has been treated unfairly -- by powerful figures.

sinister ji

This is one of those questions where I will answer it now and think of something even more rebellious just as I am going to sleep tonight. Then I will forget.

Most of my rebellions came after age 50. At that time in my life I had decided that it was a waste of time and energy to try to be everyone's friend. That may not fit well with the words of Guru Nanak in some places in SGGS. However, to be the friend of everyone is to be the friend of no one. More important to be true to oneself.

Recently the most rebellious thing I have done is to start a fan page on facebook in support of Professor Darshan Singh, called Fateh Professor Darshan Singh! We support you! That might not sound rebellious compared to the stories others may tell. But for me that is very rebellious. It marks publicly where I stand on the issue of Dasam Granth, exposes me to both ridicule and even charges of atheism, slander, etc., and I can't back out of it now, even if I wanted to find a comfort zone, or cozy up the opposition.

In truth I have always been someone who had more moral courage than physical courage. And tend to put my reputation and my political capital at risk in my life off-line whenever someone has been treated unfairly -- by powerful figures.

I sometimes use conditioner before i shampoo...man... what a rush!:tongue:

seriously though .... that does sound 'rebelliously' awesome!

but you will have to excuse my ignorance/lack of knowledge about the subject you are discussing ::cool:2: (professor Darshan Singh? ...enlighten me a bit with a summary or with a link)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

I sometimes use conditioner before i shampoo...man... what a rush!:tongue:

seriously though .... that does sound 'rebelliously' awesome!

but you will have to excuse my ignorance/lack of knowledge about the subject you are discussing ::cool:2: (professor Darshan Singh? ...enlighten me a bit with a summary or with a link)

LOL I don't know if this is good news or bad news. You are a Sikh and you have not been following the controversy regarding the authorship of Dasam Granth.

You joke around a lot -- so maybe you are joking with me. Or maybe you really are not aware -- which is what some forum members have been saying all along -- the vast majority of Sikhs don't even know there is/was/has been/will be a controversy.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

:crazy: No...i honestly have no idea about the subject ...

I like to think of myself as a rebel but sadly i'm more of a rebel without a cause. (does that make me a rebel?) :confused:

i went to bed without brushing my teeth once. :cool:

I have a very hard time NOT thinking of you happymunda as a rebel. Every thread you start is a challenge. :rofl:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM