Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

1. Monthly (Recurring) Target: $300 :: Achieved: $95
      Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   

RE: Subform requery

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by NetworkTrade, Jul 28, 2006.

1. NetworkTrade

NetworkTrade
    Expand Collapse

My advice on the subform-new record issue is somewhat evasive - in that I do
    not like subforms because they become limited in space so quickly. I would
    tend to put a button on the first form "PatientStudies" that opens the
    PatientPhase form - using the key link so it is the same patient info that
    opens up. So it is a separate form and not a subform

But if you have to stick with the subform set up - be sure to double check
    and compare your properties of these forms that they allow edits &
    additions...

As to a requery; with an event - such as a button click - you can use the
    Macro module to set it up so it closes the form/query and then reopens the
    query/form - which is a requery in the end....

not quite sure I fully understand your situation and this is a little off
    the cuff....
    --
    NTC

"Harley Feldman" wrote:

> I have a main form called "Studies" with two subforms "PatientStudies" and "PatientPhases" PatientStudies is linked in Master/Child relationship by StudyID and works fine. PatientPhases could be a subform of PatientStudies linked by PatientKey. However, when I put PatientPhases as a subform of PatientStudies, I cannot add new records to the PatientPhases table upon which the PatientPhases Subform is based - the new record indicator is grayed out.
    >
    > I have also tried to place both subforms on the Studies form and link them through the PatientKey text box on the PatientStudies form. I set up a query to find the data items from PatientPhases with a criteria of Forms!Studies![PatientPhases Subform]![PatientKey]. I think that all I need now is to force a Requery of the PatientPhases form under the Current or AfterUpdate event on the PatientStudies form.
    >
    > Do anyone know either what I am doing wrong in the first approach or can tell me how to force a requery for the PatientPhases subform from the PatientStudies form?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Harley

Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution