Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

RE: database object details not visible - how to fix?

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Mike Caughey, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Mike Caughey

Mike Caughey
    Expand Collapse

Martin

A tonne of thanks: your answer was the solution. What a relief to be able
    to use the Details View again!

Perhaps your solution was also implied in Jerry's answer (had I but hacked
    with more imagination), but I didn't perceive it.

However, all's well that ends well.

Mike

"Martin" wrote:

> Just had the same problem - the column widths were all dragged to zero. Put
    > your mouse on the very left side of the blank grey bar above the white area
    > and you should be able to click-and-drag the columns out again.
    >
    > "Mike Caughey" wrote:
    >
    > > Many thanks for your very quick reply. I regret to say that none of the
    > > steps you kindly suggested have retrieved the view. There is a scoll bar on
    > > the right (none on the bottom) and sliding it fully up and down does not
    > > reveal any details.
    > >
    > > At this point I would be pleased to be embarassed - and just want to get on
    > > with my work. So, would welcome any other thoughts that you and others might
    > > have.
    > >
    > > Mike Caughey
    > >
    > > "Jerry Whittle" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I've seen this and you might just be a little embarressed when you find the
    > > > solution. Do you have a scroll bar at the bottom of the database window? Go
    > > > back and forth with it. You could also try maximizing the database window.
    > > >
    > > > If either works, you might have an extremely long table name or someone
    > > > moved the column divider way over then closed the database.
    > > >
    > > > Then there's the old prank of moving all the columns over to the far right.
    > > > That's good for a laugh almost as good as changing the default text to white
    > > > in Word.
    > > >
    > > > Shame. Someone might have timed it wrong as April Fools Day is still a
    > > > couple of weeks off.
    > > > --
    > > > Jerry Whittle
    > > > Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > "Mike Caughey" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > I have been a user of Access since its introduction to the market ('way back
    > > > > in the early '90s). Nevertheless, I am stumped by a problem I have with my
    > > > > current version, which is part of a properly purchased copy of Office
    > > > > Professional 2003, that I have installed on my new Dell PC running Windows XP.
    > > > >
    > > > > The problem is that I cannot figure out how to make database object
    > > > > *details* visible. Icons large and small, as well as lists, are visible, but
    > > > > when the details view is selected, the object display is blank.
    > > > >
    > > > > I would deeply appreciate help, please.

2. Loading...