Hi Tom, I'm back, unfortunately without happy results. I'm about at my wits ends with this database and am very frustrated. I've tried about everything and it's still getting corrupted. My latest attemps have been that I've had one desktop reimaged back to original thinking it could be a corrupted OS file that was causing the mouse to corrupt the database. I thought maybe a wireless laptop was disconnecting from the network and causing the database to corrupt. I hardwired the laptop and it still got corrupted. This morning I created a new database from scratch AGAIN and imported in the files as you suggested earlier. This time I did not bring the main data back into it, I only imported the structure, thinking that old data may be causing a problem. I then did the best I could to follow your latest instructions. History on this database, this was not my original database in the beginning, but I took the original tables and created my own forms, queres, reports, macros, etc. so I'm not sure if it was created in Access 97 or not. Data goes back to 2003, that's all I know. Because of that, I did your instructions on adding the DAO 3.6 to the VBE. I got a little lost with your instructions from that point. I couldn't compile the code, the selection seemed grayed out. I also don't have any modules, so I think your suggestion on adding Option Explicit doesn't fit for my situation. As for the Uniform Naming Convention, I'm just pointing to the BE using the linking in Access, I do not have drive letters hard coded. I did not make the front end a .mde file. I don't feel real confident, after everything else I've done, that this will make the difference for me. Again, I'm very frustrated and am about to tell them to go back to paper and pencil because this database going down once a day is making me look real bad right about now and they're getting frustrated with the system and as a result, me. Any other suggestions to try would be greatly appreciated. I really don't know where to go from here with the exception of punting. Should I start messing with the record locking? I currently have it set to the defaults. Thanks. "Tom Wickerath" wrote: > Hi Keeler, > > > The only part I didn't get was the "set the checked references to match > > the source database". I guessed that you were referring to me pointing > > the front end back to the back end, but am not positive. > > No, that part would have been covered with the statement "Recreate any > linked tables from scratch." Remember, I gave general instructions for an > *unsplit* database. You shouldn't need to worry about any references for the > back-end (BE) database. Setting the checked references to match the source > database is applicable to the front-end (FE) database only. You use ALT F11 > to open the Visual Basic Editor (VBE). While in the VBE, you click on Tools > > References. This should reveal a list of checked library references. The best > thing to do is to set the same order, or priority, of the references. The > reason I say this is that it is very common for me to find code that uses > ambiguous declarations. For more on this topic, please refer to the link > shown below: > > ADO and DAO Library References in Access Databases > http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/gem_tips1.html > > After verifying that the checked references match the source database, you > should attempt to compile the code in the new database, using Debug > Compile > ProjectName. > > A couple of points that I missed: > 1.) If you are missing Option Explicit as the second line of code in your > modules, then you should add this one module at a time. Do a Debug > Compile > each time you add this statement, and fix any compile errors that result > before moving on to the next module. For more information on this, please see > the following link: > > Always Use Option Explicit > http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/gem_tips.html#VBEOptions > > 2.) When linking tables in a multi-user database, it is best to use the UNC > (Uniform Naming Convention) path to the BE database, instead of using a path > that includes a mapped drive letter. UNC paths look like this: \\Server\Share > > 3.) Create a .mde version of your FE database prior to distributing it to > your users. Make sure to retain the .mdb version of the database, because > that's what you'll need to make any design changes to forms, reports or > modules in the FE. If you have problems creating an .mde, please see the > following link: > > Cannot make .MDE > http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/conversion.html#CannotMakeMDE > > Note that there is no need to convert the BE database to a .mde format. This > doesn't buy you anything. > > Good Luck, and please do report your results back. > > Tom > > http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html > __________________________________________ > > "Keeler" wrote: > > Tom, > Thanks for the input, it was very useful. I was able to get everyone off > the system and did it last night, so I will write back what the results are > after a week. The only part I didn't get was the "set the checked references > to match the source database". I guessed that you were referring to me > pointing the front end back to the back end, but am not positive. Thanks > again for your help, I hope this does it.