• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale - A Sikh Preacher Or A Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Friend

I Never used the Kachi Bani

What S. Ranjit Singh Ji sing is Dharnas / Poems .and not Gurbani

To mention again I Having Nothing Against S. Ranjit Singh and Fully apreciate his hard work as Preacher at such a young age . I am also fully aware that people like me are not much worth if compared against S, Ranjit Singh in any sense . I was just giving my opinion and I believe that there is always room for improvement no matter how great a person is .

Forgive me if any comment writen by me has hurt your feelings

About Kachee Bani

This word is not Fake ( Though I havent used it )

This word has been used in Gurbani atleast two times so by no means Should be called fake word because of obvious reason

here is the shabad which uses this word two times in lines 7 and 9

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ
सतिगुरू बिना होर कची है बाणी ॥
satguroo binaa hor kachee hai banee.
Without the True Guru, other songs are false.

ਬਾਣੀ ਕਚੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ
बाणी त कची सतिगुरू बाझहु होर कची बाणी ॥
banee ta kachee satguroo baajhahu hor kachee banee.
The songs are false without the True Guru; all other songs are false.

ਕਹਦੇ ਕਚੇ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਕਚੇ ਕਚਂ​‍ੀ ਆਖਿ ਵਖਾਣੀ
कहदे कचे सुणदे कचे कचीं आखि वखाणी ॥
kahday kachay sunday kachay kacheeN aakh vakhaanee.
The speakers are false, and the listeners are false; those who speak and recite are false.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਤ ਕਰਹਿ ਰਸਨਾ ਕਹਿਆ ਕਛੂ ਜਾਣੀ
हरि हरि नित करहि रसना कहिआ कछू न जाणी ॥
har har nit karahi rasnaa kahi-aa kachhoo na jaanee.
They may continually chant, 'Har, Har' with their tongues, but they do not know what they are saying.

ਚਿਤੁ ਜਿਨ ਕਾ ਹਿਰਿ ਲਇਆ ਮਾਇਆ ਬੋਲਨਿ ਪਏ ਰਵਾਣੀ
चितु जिन का हिरि लइआ माइआ बोलनि पए रवाणी ॥
chit jin kaa hir la-i-aa maa-i-aa bolan pa-ay ravaanee.
Their consciousness is lured by Maya; they are just reciting mechanically.

ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥੨੪॥
कहै नानकु सतिगुरू बाझहु होर कची बाणी ॥२४॥
kahai naanak satguroo baajhahu hor kachee banee. ||24||
Says Nanak, without the True Guru, other songs are false. ||24||

May Akal Bless us all

Jatinder Singh

Last edited by a moderator:

SikhUSA

SPNer
Jun 21, 2006
WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa
WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh,

Dear DrKhalsa ji, I really appreciate your explanation. I didn’t know that this is your meaning by KACHI BANI. But in that context too, I would say his kirtan is not kachi baani. I beg pardon if anything heart to any feeling, I beg pardon from Sikh Sangat.

You have given an example from GurBani, and you have said that you usually watch the kirtan of Sant Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale. In your first example :

DrKhalsa said:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ
सतिगुरू बिना होर कची है बाणी
satguroo binaa hor kachee hai banee.
Without the True Guru, other songs are false.

As you said in your several writtens, you have watched Sant ji’s Kirtan, Where in his kirtan has he daviated from Satguru Guru Granth Sahib ji???? All in his kirtan is about Guru Sahib’s and Guru Sahib’s Sangat. Moreover the central idea of his every single kirtan is Naam japna and Naam Japaauna. You can easily tell that in his every single kirtan he force on AMRIT SHAKO, and SINGH SAJO. So his kirtan is totally concentrated on SATGURU SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI, so how come we can say that it is KACHI BANI when it is totally devoted to Satguroo ji.

I really appreciate your comments about Sant Ranjit Singh ji, I fully agree that there is always room for betterment, But if we condemn him, like he is not a SANT, he is a fake preacher, he has money as his motive, or he is a proud man, then this all should be considered as fake stuff. I am not a very good sikh or follower of Sant Ranjit Singh ji, But what I personally feel that we should stop this condemnation of any one who is doing the real sewa of Panth. Moreover we should help them. And Sant Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale is a good preacher of Sikhi.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Well Kavisharis are allwowed to sing in front of Guru Granth Sahib Ji,Sabh Sikhan Ko hukam Hai among many a things are not by guru yet sung.in fact when Katha is done while Kirtan people say thier own words.When Path nis done bani is read without Ragas.
If Panth is Guru and khalsa speaks something or sings somthing as per Gurmat,it is not Kachchi Bani.

For das without True Guru bani or verse are weak or Kachcha means that with the glory of God been sung in verse,then tht verse is weak.

Anyway if they sing something in Punjbi s per Gurmat then it can be more effective to punjabi aoidince as often they are not able to understand Sadhu Bhasha or Sadukarhi in Which large part of Bani is writtan.

Just a view and panth is better judge.

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
SikhUSA said:
WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa
WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh,

Dear DrKhalsa ji, I really appreciate your explanation. I didn’t know that this is your meaning by KACHI BANI. But in that context too, I would say his kirtan is not kachi baani. I beg pardon if anything heart to any feeling, I beg pardon from Sikh Sangat.

You have given an example from GurBani, and you have said that you usually watch the kirtan of Sant Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale. In your first example :

As you said in your several writtens, you have watched Sant ji’s Kirtan, Where in his kirtan has he daviated from Satguru Guru Granth Sahib ji???? All in his kirtan is about Guru Sahib’s and Guru Sahib’s Sangat. Moreover the central idea of his every single kirtan is Naam japna and Naam Japaauna. You can easily tell that in his every single kirtan he force on AMRIT SHAKO, and SINGH SAJO. So his kirtan is totally concentrated on SATGURU SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI, so how come we can say that it is KACHI BANI when it is totally devoted to Satguroo ji.

I really appreciate your comments about Sant Ranjit Singh ji, I fully agree that there is always room for betterment, But if we condemn him, like he is not a SANT, he is a fake preacher, he has money as his motive, or he is a proud man, then this all should be considered as fake stuff. I am not a very good sikh or follower of Sant Ranjit Singh ji, But what I personally feel that we should stop this condemnation of any one who is doing the real sewa of Panth. Moreover we should help them. And Sant Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale is a good preacher of Sikhi.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh.

ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਹੋਰ ਕਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥੨੪॥

Keertan for Sikhs is of our Satgur. We have to sing the praise of Waheguru following the dictates of our Satguru. And our Satguru is Guru Granth Sahib.

I have a simple query. How would we like singing songs written by tom {censored} and harry or for that matter any film song in praise of God !!! in our gatherings of Gursikhs in the presense of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and call it a Keertan !!!
No we cannot. No cannot take liberty of concocting our own compositions and call it Keertan. If we allow Darnas of Ranjit Singh and replace it in the place of Gurbani, soon we'll all forget Guru Ke bani and sing our own cacophony !!!
This Darnas and concoctions of poems are direct attack on the basic of Sikhism.
Each and every word of our Guru is our basic principle. We are to remember our Guru's teachings and follow its dictates.
Should we stop reciting Gurbani and in its place read and sing poems of Ranjit Singh ?? If so WHY ???

I would like to know when is 'Sant Ranjit Singh Dhandrewale' is coming out with a GUTKA of his Darnas and why not ?

A time may come when a new sect of Sikhs may be formed who would have their Nitnem Gutka containing the Bani of Sant Ranjit Singh Ji !!! And if Sant Ranjit Singh gets down to work seriously and devotes enough time he may come out with a Granth containing his Bani !!! Haven't we seen such thing happenning ?

If you think it is not a possibility, Why ?

I was wondering, why Ranjti Singh is so adament in singing his peoms and name it Keertan ?
I pondered a lot but could not find more satisfactory answer and that is -- Simply he is unable to Sing Gurbani.
Ask him why cannot he do keertan as done by Prof Darshan Singh Ji or like Bhai Jasbir Singh ji Khalsa ?? Why not. He has to answer. Why is he bent uppon corrupting our beautiful blessing of our Guru - Keertan.

Last edited:

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear SikhUSA

Thanks for your post

I would again liek to say that dont take anything written on forums to your heart , as this just disscusion and every body have their views

For me ,my understanding could be yet less than other learned members but still I appreciate the work of S. Ranjit Singh as preacher and have no problems with his methods

But as mentioned by others members here there some issues that people want him to address which are more often related to his dharnas ( To be frank I have met many people who like his dharnavas but also many who dont like and prefer gurbani and last mentioned group is general is from educated background )

Other Big always on disscusion is that of use of word SANT

According to S. Ranjit Singh , in his words word sant can be used for any naam abhiyasee/SIKH and can be used in same way as GURSIKH /GURMUKH and does not mean that person carrying Sant as prefix has special status . Also According to S. Ranjit Singh he is ready to remove it but sangat that loves him are still force him to use it .

Well many people dont agree to his argument and has concluded based on gurbani that SANT word can only be used for Our Guru Sahibans or for Collective Gathering of Gursikh sangat
This is issue is creating confusion but still something could be agreed .

My view is that if it is not allowed for him to use this Word SANT by sikh panth than this word should not be used for any Mahapurakh whether living or dead

And yes I have listen to his Kirtan and Learnt many things from his keertan and in principle his keertan and lectures carries the message on the same line as other Mahapurkh from his samprada ( RARA WALE)and he promotes Naam Abhiyas and Satkaar of Guru Granth Sahib.
even though I hold different beliefs on some issue but still Good is good and I appreciate that .

Jatinder Singh

SikhUSA

SPNer
Jun 21, 2006
DrKhalsa Ji, I know its just a talk, nothing personal. Manbir ji I also really agree on this thing that lot of people are persuading sikh sangat with their own religion by their “own bani”. I am totally against this kind of Guru’s and their Sangat. But don’t you see that there is no intention in his Kirtan to do that?? Where in his kirtan he says that follow something else then GuruGranth Sahib???? Its totally narrowness of mind if we take his words in this way.

I would say, Guru Gobind Singh ji had 52 Kawishars and Dhadi Jathay in his Darbaar, so in here don’t you wanna say that they guys were singing the songs written by tom {censored} and harry ????? Its shame if you don’t see any diff in Guru Ustat and this kinds of songs. Again, in your written you said that his dharnas would replace by GURUBANI, Its never gonna happen, GuruJi Ki Bani is Jugo Jug Atal, nobody can change or replace it.

Whole sikh Sangat recognize the earnings of Sant Baba Nand Singh ji (Nanaksar Wale), Sant baba Ishar Singh ji (Nanaksar wale), Sant Baba Ishar Singh ji (Rahra Sahib wale), Sant Baba Atar Singh ji (Mastuana Wale) and Sant Baba Jarnail Singh ji (Bhindrawale)….. and they used to do the same thing in front of GuruGranth Sahib ji, which you think is songs written by Tom {censored} and Harry whatever. What would you say, they were not Sant??? Did They come up with their own “GUTKA”????

Please don’t take any offence, its nothing personal. But I feel real shame if you match Guru Ustat and these kind of songs.

Guru Fateh.
May God Bless the Khalsa.

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006
If a man reflects with honesty as his motive and virtue as his intent, then God resides in that man; thus does every man have the ability to become his own Guru.

penj

SPNer
Jul 8, 2006
Hi
just wondering how I can watch this vidoe have been trying to download it but am having some serious promblems on the mega upload site. Just want to see it for myself to really believe such a thing!

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
A bigger question is why people need tofollow Sants, Baba's and Bhai's when we have all we need in our Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji?

So long as people keep following a Bhai/Sant/Baba of one description or another, Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji will always appear to fall by the weigh side. :(

03arr

SPNer
Jul 21, 2006
Re: 'Sant Baba' Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale - A preacher or a fake holyman?

You are warned for the first and the last time. Use Civilised Language in This Forum or You will permanently banned. Regards

sant ranjit singh is a true and honest person who is believed to have god's avatar within him because nealry all pepole dont believe this but i do

[Admin Cut]

jaskiran

SPNer
Aug 5, 2006
Re: Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale - A sikh parchaaric or a fake holy man?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji KI Fateh.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! i believe this is nt true. i believe sant baba ranjit singh ji is a true and honest man who is trying to get youngsters into sikhi.is this a bad thing??????? NOOOOO dnt be rediculous he has been sent down to us from Guruji inorder to make more people into sikhi. people are jst jelouse that he has succeded by doing amrit purchar.he has also inspired many people.for example myself i used to be da usual type of indian short hair,go clubbin,smoke the usual things teenagers do.but then i one day i watched one of his dvd's and went to a few programmes and i realised that the things this sant says are true and that their is more to life than going out enjoying urselves and partying and that. so therefore i believe that sant baba ranjit singh ji is a SANT and a BABA. their are many peoples lives he has changed round not only mine. i have also strated wearing a patkha all inspired to me by this Sant.
also i have heard things like he has let people do the matha teek to him. this is also rediculous as he himself has neva sed gv me money as he does kitan and so on from the goodness of his heart not for the GREED of money. if u dnt belive me listen to his ketha n u will hear him say "no1 gv me money". so i dont knw wer people are making all these stories from.
u hv also claimed that he has let fake amritaddees bow down to him this even more rediculous than wat u sed b4. luk yea go to youthtube.com and type in sant baba ranjit singh ji.and you can hear for yourself wer he is telling us all that these things are not true and that we shud go towards whoever is rite. and at the end of the day hes bringing us closer to Guruji not himself. also if amritdareeees do bow down 2 him n he says noo then they are fake sikhs as evry sikh knws that we shudnt bow down to any1 but the Guru Granth sahib Ji.
it was also sed dat Sant baba ranjit singh ji wore a kulgi on his head teh one like guru gobind singh ji wore. this is just done to make him luk bad it wasnt no kulgi like guru ji it was a khandha n many sikhs wear this and people just turned a khandha to a kulgi. so for all you people who think this its also not true.
Overall im in favour of sant baba ranjit singh ji and i have the most respect for him and i think that all these people who think his fake they should put it to a side and think what he he doing is right as he is bringing people to sikhi nt turing them away from sikhi.from reading what i have sed i hope i havnt offended eny1 and i hope that less people will now fink his a fake at the end of the day his bin sent from guruji and also he has direct contact with God at all tyms so therefore we shud respect him all da way. unless we have gt evidence which states that he is a true fake.
however i ws also sent a picture by a fellow gursikh which showd someone bowing down to the sant and him touching his/her head inorder to bless him/her.by seeing this i gt a little confussed bt however i belive people are doing this to make less people belive in him but however i didnt get dragged into this as i belive anyone who brings you towards sikhi and wants you to be part of the khalsa cant be a bad person.
so therefore by reading this i hope i have showed you that sant baba ranjit singh ji isnt a bad person as he has turned bad people into good people. for example me and alot of my mates nad also my family. by writing this i hope i havnt offended anyone as all im doing is putting my points forward and what i'v lerant and been taught.

waheguru ji ki khalsa waheguru ji ka fathe

js1965

SPNer
Sep 27, 2006
I feel sorry for all these 'Gianis' who are criticizing Sant Ranjit Singh Ji.
If you guys have ever recited sukhmani sahib ji da path, ...... "sant ka nindak maha hatiyara"
I don't think I have to say more than this.

js1965

SPNer
Sep 27, 2006
A member of the congregation bows to Ranjeet Singh as he places his hand on her head to 'bless' her.(KP) - This week, a video of Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale has come to light in the public. The young man who at an early age has been renowned as a “Sant” by his followers, became popular for his charisma and attracting Sikhs who in large numbers by preaching Sikhi.

2005-09-04-ranjeetsingh.jpg

On the stage Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadiranwale has publicly said that no one should do matha tekh (bow down) to him and only matha tekh to Guru Granth Sahib Ji. He has focused on doing Amrit Parchaar and asking youngsters to give up intoxicants.

Controversy has built around the young Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale who calls himself a “Sant”. His use of Gurbani and style of Kirtan has led to accusations that he sings “Kachee Baanee” (distorted Gurbaani). Furthermore it has been suggested on certain radio stations and by Gurdwara Sahibs that Ranjit Singh is only driven by collecting money for himself and that he is “fake holy man”.

The recent video of Bhai Ranjit Singh shows him wearing a Kalgi (plume) or something similar to it, and sitting on a high seat. On the wall behind him is a large painting of himself, and in front of his seat is a plastic basket. The video shows how Sikhs visiting him put money in the basket, give presents and then matha tekh to him. Bhai Ranjit Singh shows no hesitation when the Sangat matha tekhs to him. He blesses those who bow to him by patting them on the head or back. The video shows how that Ranjit Singh casually sits on his seat and sometimes show little or no interest in those who bow to him with faith and sharda.
We must ask ourselves some hard questions. Firstly, why do some people insist on singing “Dharnaas” or Gurbaani mixed with their own lyrics rather than singing Gurbaani purely without addition or distortion? Is Gurbaani alone not good enough?

Secondly, where does the money go, which is collected by the people who call themselves “holy men” and tour America, Canada, and the UK? If these people are coming abroad not to make money but to preach Gurmat, then why do they need to take away thousands and thousands of pounds and dollars raised in Gurdwaras abroad? How much of this money has been used to give bail to a Sikh sister held by Panjab Police and ensure that she doesn’t get raped, tortured and abused while in prison?
Thirdly, how many of these people have raised their voice for the Panth? How many of these “holy men” have used their status, connections, and platform to bring to light Panthic issues and how Sikh men and women are still languishing in Indian jails without trial or case?

Let us not blindly follow people and not become dependent on “sants”, “babas” or anyone other than Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The more we become dependent on others, and create middlemen between the relationship of us and Waheguru, the more we get trapped in situations of abuse, distortion and misdirection. Let us wake up as a Panth and unite as one under the umbrella of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and follow the Guru Granth and Guru Panth.

Any body interested in seeing the vedio clips they are available here

MEGAUPLOAD - One-Click Webhosting

MEGAUPLOAD - One-Click Webhosting

"SANT KA NINDAK MAHA_HATYARA"

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
It is pity that we have people around us who have the termity to call themselves as SANTS and have the ego of equating themselves with the status of our Gurus. Their egoist self keeps them in a state of delusion and we find them roaming around on this earth as self acclaimed SANTS. They have developed a very convienent label of SANT to fool the masses and themselves too. By calling themself as SANT they are proving themselves as Guru Ka NINDAKS.
The irony is that their are umpteen number of Sikhs who get fooled by these SANTS.

These Sikhs dnad the SANTS fail to understand for whom the word SANT has been reffered to in Gurbani !!!

js1965

SPNer
Sep 27, 2006
It is pity that we have people around us who have the termity to call themselves as SANTS and have the ego of equating themselves with the status of our Gurus. Their egoist self keeps them in a state of delusion and we find them roaming around on this earth as self acclaimed SANTS. They have developed a very convienent label of SANT to fool the masses and themselves too. By calling themself as SANT they are proving themselves as Guru Ka NINDAKS.
The irony is that their are umpteen number of Sikhs who get fooled by these SANTS.

These Sikhs dnad the SANTS fail to understand for whom the word SANT has been reffered to in Gurbani !!!
Manbir, Seems like you are no a SIKH..........!!!!

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
If you want to be a SIKH, start the learning process right now. Be a learner and continue to learn and never stop learning !!!

I do not understand why some of us instead of being a Guru Ka Sikh become a Guru themselves and get hold of such labels like SANTS

jeetsarbjeet

SPNer
Sep 29, 2006
my all dear..
in sukhmani sahib its written
sant ki ninda kabhi nahi..
what ever u mean 2 say 2 dhadriyaan walle...
kise di ninda nahi karni chahidi...caos tusi usde paap dho rahe ho...
te apne siir paap chada rahe ho..
better be care full next time..caous u had ans in dargaah...
god bless u all

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
There is a difference between Playcing FACTS and commiting NINDA.
Those who call themselves Sants are committing Big Paap by placing themselves equal to our Guru.
If a Hindu calls himself a Sant it is diferent but if a Sikh calls himself a Sant he is committing a big Manmat by equating himself with Our Gurus.

They are people with cunning hearts with black deeds and draped in White cloths -- Guru said it, not me !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: