• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale - A Sikh Preacher Or A Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2004
Canada
I would like to say in this context:

Anyone who brings you closer to Guru, does Vichar about Guru, is a Sikh worth immense respect.
Someone who is self centered, talking with whom doesnt create a vibe of Guru-Vichar, could be easily ignored.

About Ranjit Singh, I have observed in his CDs, that sangat in his dharna gets into Vairaag easily, and lakhs of people have turned towards Guru. That s a commendable achievement.

Regards.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Khalsa ji

I got a chance to listen to katha smagam done by baba Ranjit Singh
I want share my experience
In his katha he touched all the important points that we usually disscus here in forums like

1 The only guru for sikhs is Sri Guru Granth Sahib
2 The very important issue of alcohol intoxication in sikhs ans even sale of Alcohol in Holy Cties of Amritsar And Fatehgarh Sahib
3 Current confusion in community about various different Maryada prevalent currently
4 Various deras in punjab which are run by various self styled Gurus who take sikhs away fron gurmat

Any body who wants to comment on this. i would request first to listen to one of the diwan and then comment
dont just go by what people say here is online vedios available

http://parmeshardwar.com/onkirtan.asp

as for me it was very good experience listening to him now whether he has khot ( falsehood) in disguise this only Akal Purakh knows better but after hearing him what I felt is hope for our community in days to come

May Akal Purakh Guide us all

Jatinder Singh

Sep 11, 2005
Dear Scholars and Friends

I have heard the Debate carefully and have found some amazing facts .............

Will Post the Comments Soon as it will take time in writing ............

Sep 11, 2005

Before I post the Comments on the Debate , After carefully listening to the Debate some of the questions have popped in my mind .

1 ) Is organising Akhand Path is the only solution to every problem ?

2) If it was so then Why Guru Gobind Singh Ji , Took Arms and fought against the Muslims , he would have politely advised the Kasmiri Pandits to organize Akhand Path and everything will be solve Automatically.

There are many more questions will post soon ............

Sep 11, 2005

Bhai Ranjit Singh ji , cannot be called as a Guru or a Sant or a Baba , he is more or less a motivator and singer too and has a good public speaking techniques ........

His debate reveals a lot about him and others:

1) A true sant , baba or Guru or whatever you call cannot so Arrogant
2) The way he answered to the Scholars , clearly depicts his Proudnes
3) The way he said "do kahante haziri pari di ya sangat wich" it means whatever he is doing is not from the withing or voluntary , it has become his duty .........

4) The way he says that "Te main Ki banaya" it also a reflects a lot .......
5) The way he says about sangat that "Koi kahinda hai meri baan dukhdi hai " te koi kehenda hai meri lat dukhdi hai " and he prescribes only one thing chhaking Amrit and Akhand Path .......

6) A Clear Frustation can be seen also among the scholars that though they have spent their most of their lives but still they don't have that much fan following .....

7) Those who donate him , they donate him for their publicity , and use him as great markeing tool , As he mentions about "T-series" company .....

The guys at T-series are street smart and have employed marketing experts ..........

This is just a highlight..............

But anyways he is great singer,motivator and orator , but it doesn't means that he is sant or baba.

And the sangat , 90% of the sangat is shaadai , 90% of the sangat is Baba or sant hoppers ........

Whenever a problem occurs , they go to such babas or sants , then these babas and sant force them to chhak amrit ..........

But when the problem does not gets solved ...... after six or 12 months they visit another baba or sant and again that baba or sant says to chhak amrit and this process goes on and on goes ...........

By visiting these such type of babas or sants , it has been observed that many innocent people have become shaaadais , day and night chant the same thing ultimately become Mentally retarded ...........

I have witnessed such shaadais , who have become shaadais after visiting such babas and sants ............

Mar 17, 2005
India
WJKK
WJKF

well, This is my first post on this site, so a warm greetings to all brothers....:wah: .

I had red this post carefully, and had been visiting to the Baba Ranjit Singh's samagams in delhi from quite some time.....

and I really find somethings that are not right........
but one thing we should consider..........we need to evolve.........my brother had visited to his meeting arranged in somebodies house.....for aashirwaad................(like one in picture)
All these things are not according to sikh rehat maryada.
But if we go to the depth and see the reasons.....we find following things that are arguable
1. Kachi bani (had been started by Dadhi Jathas, adopted by some sants afterwards, In Nanaksar maryada it is common, they told just like daadhis they hav there style of Aradhana)
2. charismatic approach that aatracts to him rather then Guru Granth Sahib.(I think it is need of today specially in villages)
3. Matha tek ..........ceremony whatever.....(I think its more like a meeting but people take it otherwise)

and its advanteges..........
1. Amrit prachar
2. Nasha unmoolan
3. Charismatic approach attracts more youngsters
4. He goes to deepest of villages in punjab, where big raagies and jathas dont go.....
5. His influence on encouraging vigour among youth by telling them truth beind Sant Jarnail Singh Bindrawale
6. His approach to make the sant samaz of sikh dhrama as a single unit with one motive - 'Amrit prachar'

Yet somethings are wrong but instead of critisizing him here or anywhere, i think one should go and talk to Baba Ranjit Singh about this..............if not satisfied........then take action against him...........

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Manpreet

VWr warm welcome to the forum and very well presented thoughts in your first post
I agree with you on these points and i tried mentioning them in earlier posts but ou have expresed it in better way
I have just listened few smagams recordings and I really like the Guy as he fit in very well in current needs of sikh community and in his smagams he disscus and touch that issues which has been ignored or deliberately put aside and no parcharak disscuss them

Jatinder Singh

Mar 17, 2005
India
I hav just finished listening to the radio recording.....................
It was good, BUT several points are missing..............

Prof. Darshan Singh Ji respresent a different background and Baba Ranjit Singh different..............
I am sorry to say but All the person including in the talks........ u can clearly judge their mental state.........they all are well settled, metro people livin and critisizing in comfortable enviornment..........but hav u ever gone to deepest of punjab villages where people less intellect and had completely forget the basic essence of sikhi.......cause
"SARE GUNI-GYANI TE SHEHRAAN VICH BAITHE NEIN".....including prof. sahib
but this man had taken this apportunity to tell them the essence of sikhi, by showing them the viraat swaroop of
Sikh Dharma, VILLAGE BY VILLAGE, in summer, in winter sometimes even 4 diwaans in a day, Now how will u make a person understand, only by telling him in its own language.........'dhaarna' is not wrong but different type of sangeet not at all 'Nirol kirtan', just like dhaadi jathas. u will amzed to know even Hazuri Raagies of Parmeshawer Dwar are not allowed to do 'dhaarna', they only do nirol kirtan inside gurudwara.
Te ek gal hor
we need not to get involved with any single personlity, i mean anybody, even I had heard something abt prof. sahib from very trusted source.......but no futhur comments....on this, we just need to find our path.....
"Even if a single man in sikh religion u, me, anybody, had reached to the GOD, and is ordered by him to proliferate sikhism.............u can imagine.....wht happen.........
sO...........................
"JAPOH TAAN EKKO NAAMA, AVAR NIRAAFAL KAAMA"

WJKK
WJKF

Jun 18, 2005
Delhi, India
Dear All,

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

We should learn the lesson from this site, which direct us to do the right things. We must belive in GURU GRANTH SAHIB only. Not in any SANT or BABA. Mostly I see these SANT/BABA earning through ladies. I mean to say that they can easily get the ladies in their favour. And then ladies get their whole family in their favour. So I appeal to LADIES not to PUSH them in their "CHANGUL". Please faith in our ONLY GURU "GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI"

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurafeteh

Das confirmed it toady from a Lady who was baptised by the Baba Ji that this Baba Ji are from Nanaksar Liange.

There code of conduct was very strict like not to remove claoth from head during most of the time.Das took it more ritualitics but later thought that that lady so far was more after mony so may be such strict code could help he at least.

But any way Nanaksar people are outshoot of Nirmalas only.

Das also wanted to tell that recently Baba ji had Guru Manyo Granth (behold holy Bok as Guru)conngragation at Faridabad.It had heading.Worship of Akal,Preaching/Pamphlet of holy verse and vision/look of Khalsa.

regarding touching fets in Gurudwaras.
Das saw in Sisganj Sahib that some people were touching feets of Maskeens Ji,who was anyway doing Katha.He realy felt bad but could not do anything as this would have distrupted the flow of thought.

Inspite of all prevention there are turbaned Hindus who are eager to touch the fets without knowing anything.

Das was since long ben instructed to never touch the feet of any one in front of Guru Maharaj.

But people who are Turbaned Hindus or other Sahijdharis etc.
such people use to trouble Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa of Bhindran also.He kept some body gurad who never allowed people to come near him to touch the feets.Them people maight have said that how egoist or Hankari this sant is who is not allowing access of Sangat to himself.

But his way was OK and should be followe dby others.

Khalistani

SPNer
Dec 17, 2005
I Dont understand why people keep discussing this issue...i dont know if he is a sant or baba or if he's a fake...neither do any of our brothers and sisters. However, if he is a fake then he will suffer the consequences. If he is a fake then when he dies, he will be reincarnated and brought back into this world instead of being in the presence and love of Akal Purkh. The brothers and sisters that do begin to follow him have a conscience of their own and if they do want to follow him then its their choice. If he is true then he is helping them but if he's a fake, then its up 2 them to believe what he says and not what Gurbani says. I myself am a follower of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale and i can say for a fact that he has helped me find Gurbani. Its up to the followers of "Sant Baba" Ranjit Singh to find and understand Gurbani.

bss12

SPNer
Apr 5, 2006
trust me people I have a lot of expirenece with saints I have lived with them al my life and let me tell you some of the stuff I have learned an dlisten to this twith an openmind.

Saints are gods messengers and there are real saints out there. There many fakes out there to and ranjit singh is one of them. A real saint will never sing kachii bani, never have any connection to kam krod lob mo or hankaar. Once u sit by them you will feel like you want to pray and you cannot look into their eyes it is their tap tej. He will know what is on ur mind. But fellow sikhs there are very few real god men i will tell you that. For most of you i sggest reading gurbani a lo. If u are luck y enough u mite come across a real saint and then u will beilive. If u do they can meet u with god very quiclkly instead of going through millions of births juts to be able to see him. Do not say never matha tek to a saint. There is always one good saint out htere and they have met god but they never say that. The problem is with all the fakes no can really believe in saints anymore. As guru ji jug main uttam kaadian virle kei kei , very few ppl are actaully holy but they are and if you ever meet them u will know just by the way they speak. There voice has rus and it will show it will atract u to listen that only comes with prayer. And if u ever meet a saint like that or just a noraml person, most saints dont tell u what they r, do not hesitate to bow down.

Fateh Khalsa Ji if u have anything u would like to discuss with me email or reply . I say a lot of contoversial things and i want to know any of our opinions.

pso

SPNer
Apr 7, 2006
Gurfateh !

After going through a number of replies, I have a few points :
1. If by any chance, He turns out to be a sant, won't the men cursing him shall be prone to punishment as per sukhmani sahib's 13th ashtpadi - sant ki ninda.

2. How come we can say Guru Granth Sahib jee is our supremo if we have not understood - manda jaane aap ko aur bhala sansar, hum nahi change bura nahi koe.

3. The followers of Sant say that baani points - hum santan ki rain pyare hum santan ki sarna, nanak daas ehi sukh maange mo kau kar santan ki dhoore, santo charan hamaro maatha. Who is that sant pointed in these lines ?

Apr 2, 2006
Waheguruji Ka Khalsa
Waheguruji Ki Fateh

I have been reading all post on Ranjit Singh and Im glad to finally hear some sence like in the post of Khalistani and PSO

Only Waheguruji knows the whole truth behind Ranjit Singh.

Nothing is what it seems, and considering that we see only what we want to see and what we see will be determine by our levels of consciousness.

It some cases it could be truth that he is a fake but it can also be that some are just too jelous and envious of Ranjit Singh.

How many out there honestly wish to be in his place? lol, I dont, but I would love to be at one of his live kirtans.

Im new to Sikhism its been 1 year and one of the best things that I found in Sikhism apart from meeting my true Guru is that I found out about Ranjit Singhs Kirtans, I dont understand Punjabi but deep in my heart Im sure I understand.
Just from listening to his Kirtans I get feelings that I never felt and cant explian in words, but what I hear really inpires me and motivates me and it helps me feel closer to Waheguru, and I get so touched that tears run down my face.

If he is a fake let him be a fake, he is surely a great fake, because what he does and his fakeness realy keeps my faith up and inspires me to do my very best everyday.

PS Could it be that Waheguru is just giving some of us a lesson, that same love and devotion some have for Ranjit, is the same love and devotion we should have for our Guru, If Guruji was been worship as should maybe Ranjit wouldnt be taking or sharing the credits, what if Ranji really earned and is worthy in the eyes of Waheguru to take all that love and devotion.

Please open your eyes, open your hearts, open your selfs.

PEACE AND LOVE

GOD IS LOVE

SAT SRI AKAL

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa
Waheguruji Ki Fateh

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: