• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Quran - To All Sikh Students

muslim

SPNer
Dec 29, 2004
uk
Wow japjishahib, even as a minor as myelf i could destroy each and every one of your comparisons regarding islam. Would you like me to?

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Dear Minor,

Go Ahead as das himself found person comparing Gurmat and Islam lacking knwledge in both.

Example Gurmat does not go by Karma or deeds it is in Hindus but it goes by Karam ie in Arebic Mercy so is our God Akal is called Kareem.

So by will of God even evil doers are salvaged.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Well Das(vijaydeep Singh) Wants you to carry out a task to remoove the wrong interpetatons of Islam being done in that post.

Person did one wrong thing which das was pointing out while telling about Sikhism also ie taking karm(deeds) for Karam(Mercy).

Unlike in Hindus where we are reborn due to our deeds in previous births here in Gurmat we have mercy of God over deeds of us.

So our deed does not matter but Mercy of God matters.A Sinfull by mercy of God can attain salvation which is not accpeted by few sects of Hinduism.

Sikhism does not follow Karm Phal Sidhant or priinceple of results by deeds as in us Deeds are not in our hands but are in Hand(control) of God.So in absloute truth there is no sinner or good doer.People do as God wants them to do.

muslim

SPNer
Dec 29, 2004
uk
"So in absloute truth there is no sinner or good doer.People do as God wants them to do."

But why would god want us to do anything? and if he did, it would be nothing but good. So when a woman is raped then man did as god wanted them to do?

Sep 11, 2005
Dear Friend Muslim

Not only you But most muslims , mostly misunderstand on many topics .

As you have said about rape .........

In koran it is written "Kill the disbeliever............"

And u People have misunderstood the meaning the started chopping down people all across the world.

Had you people been understood that it is the "disbelieving Thoughts " which have to be killed , you people are head on heals to chop down people all across the world.

Sep 11, 2005
If there is any society or religion who is preoccupied with insecurity , then it is Islamic society .

The insecurity is the libido behind all the cruel killings all across the world .

They are suffering Sezhoprenia ............. where everyone is their enemy......

And sezhopreia cannot be treated ...........

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Rapist find rape as good so does he rapes.

Well it is correct that evil things are relative so are good things also relvative.

Say killing of Muslims is good for infidal but those who are killed also find it good as they become matyers or Shaheeds.

Rember God can do anything God wants and if God is let anything Bad happen then it is will of God and nothing else.

Say had God wanted then God would not have let the Army of Attacking Elephants be defeated by hopooe birds(Hud Hud) thrwing stones from air while attacking Mecca.

God wanted Mecca to be saved and it was saved.

But say in Gujrat Muslim died and many were saved.Those God wanted to be saved were saved rest died.

Had God wanted they would have been saved.

In fact had there be no evil we would have found no good either.God made evil ie Eblis and put him on Job just to let there be diffrance in good and evil.God is reason for the deeds of evil and no one else.

And thing good for you may not be good in eyes of God and same for evil.

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
"So in absolute truth there is no sinner or good doer. People do as God wants them to do."

I feel a Muslim ( who is confused about the believer and non believer ) may find it difficult to understand the above statement.

You can understand this only if you can 'feel' the Hukam of Almighty God. Guru says to understand His Hukam you need His Kirpa.

God has created so many human beings - Christians, Muslim, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs and so on .....
By His Grace Let there be welfare for All. Each and everyone has a right to his belief and faith. There is no believer and No Non-believer. All are passengers towards a journey.... Roads are different ... But they all reach at the same spot ... God is waiting to Embrace each and everyone in His arms ... He is waiting to forgive all are failings.... For Him there is no Muslim no Sikh no Christian no Hindu...

Tere Bhanae Sarbat Da Bhalla ..

muslim

SPNer
Dec 29, 2004
uk
If all roads lead to the same destination and god is willing to embrace all then why in three (maybe more) of them (islam, christianity and judaism) does it say that each of them is the only path to salvation and all other religions are false?

Sep 11, 2005
Dear Scholars and Friends

Dear Fella Muslim , Must read it........

Though this is a childrens story , but it does carry a moral message .

Just replace or think animals as the minds or perception of different people , House as God , and River as Knowledge...........

One day Hippo said , “ All my friends have houses . I should also have a house . But I don’t know how to make a house .”

“I will help You , “ said Sparrow .

She made a nest on a tree.

There is your house , “ sparrow said.

Hippo slowly climbed the tree and jumped into the house . Crash !

Hippo was on the ground.

“I will show you how to make a house,” said rabbit.

He dug a big hole in the ground.

“This is your house ,” said rabbit

Hippo jumped in .

He got stuck in this house .

Just then Elephant walked by .

He pulled Hippo out of the hole .

“I will tell you how to make a house, “ said Elephant.

A house should have a strong floor .”

“No , no ,” said giraffe . “ A house should have a high roof.”

“No , no” Said Snake. “ A house should be long enough.”

“Strong floor,” said Elephant.

High Roof , “ said giraffe.

“Long Enough,” said snake.

Hippo went away in anger .

He came to the river .

Hippo jumped in . The river was just his size . It had a strong Floor . It was long . It had a roof as high as the sky . Happily , Hippo splashed around in his house.

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
The reason why we keep fighting each other on the question of religion is because we fail to understand the teachings of our Prophets.
We do not understand the language of the teachers who brought the knowledge of God to us. We only understand their words and get struck there.

It has happened with every faith that after the Prophet has left this world the followers bring about interpretations of His teachings which with passage of time gets distorted.
To realy understand the teachings of great men you need the heart and mind of a Child.
For mature human beings the best way is to read between the line while trying to understand the teachings of Great Teachers.

Real religion cannot be in multiples. It has to be only ONE because God is ONE. We may have many Faiths on this earth.

In the eyes of God there is No Muslim No Sikh No Christian No Hindu. All are his children.
He kowns no language, but the language of Love. All languages are His. You need no language to make a prayer to HIM. He understands you even without your mentioning it.

We cannot comprehend HIM in our words. HE is beyond words.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
muslim said:
If all roads lead to the same destination and god is willing to embrace all then why in three (maybe more) of them (islam, christianity and judaism) does it say that each of them is the only path to salvation and all other religions are false?

wjkk
wjkf

all the religions in the world are adulterated by humans.you people foolishly beleive that your path is the only path to salvation

hpluthera

SPNer
Oct 3, 2005
Auckland
Fundamental difference between Guru Nanak's Message and Message of Islam is that Gurur nanak Pray for all "Srabat" all inclusive there is no believer no unbeliever no {censored} no non {censored} Guru Nanak sayeth Sabna Jian Ka Ik datta So Mein Wisar Na Jai. Most of the believers in Islam rightly or wrongly believes and preaches - (Not those Faquirs of Islam Like baba Farid) that Those who do not believe in Alaah and accept Mohamad as Prophet are {censored} and to convert them or eliminate them is Allahs Hukum.
Correct me if I am wrong but Guru Nanak says The biggest charity is the Charity of knowledge of Almighty Lord that eliminate the ego and accept all his children- this is the light of love acceptance humility.
Guru nanak Message is to connect all humans as His Children and no egos of superiority of one over other. In today's environment in the name of religious hatred the concept and message of Guru nanak only will eliminate the misunderstandings of the God's Allaha Message. For a Sikh if you believe in one almighty Lord - by what ever name Allah, Jehovah, God, Ramm Raheem, Kareem and you are a good Muslim or a Good Hindu Or a Good Christian it is Acceptable and for me your are you are a Sikh. Guru nanak sayeth "Mane Ki Gat Kahi Na Jai." Second Condition is Your Good Deeds will decide your right or wrong personna. "Shub Karma bajon Dovein Roi". Spiritual bliss is achieved when ego vanishes from with in but biggest ego in many religious practices is " I am right others are wrong. What I practice believe is the only one others should accept otherwise they are not humans". That view in any one's mind with religous banner is dangerous to the society it has always been and it will and it is. To remove these doubts Guru nanak Kal Vich Pargat Hoa. Listen to the reason and you will understand Islam better. May your Allah (as manymuslim belief) gove you the Rahat.

Regards
HP Luthera
singh4u said:
I reccommend the Quran to all Sikh students.
- THIS TITLE ITSELF SHOWS YOUR INTENTION......THIS IS A SIKH WEBSITE, LETS EXPLORE SGGS FULLY!! THERE IS SO MUCH INNER BEAUTY WHICH I BET YOU DONT EVEN KNOW!!

I treat "holy" books as intelligence, not divine order or necessarily divine truth. That's why I can read the Bible and Koran and just intake the amount of intelligence they hold without becoming a follower of the actual religion. I can read the SGGS and contemplate it rather than just assume its truth.
- THERE IS A LOT OF INTELLIGENCE IN SGGS TOO

Even though I am not Khalsa yet, I will only become and be part of the Khalsa Panth.

So, here me out and why I put this strong reccomendation to all Sikh students. And by students, I do not mean Sikh Youth, I mean people who have practiced/read/and actively follow the Sikh religion and Sikh politics.

Islam is the active submission to God. It's a psychological cleansing to eradicate your mind and submit your dues to God.
- SIKHISM HAS THE SAME, EXCEPT HERE YOU ARE NOT IN FEAR SUBMISSION BUT WITH LOVE, TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT. IN ISLAM YOU ARE IN FEAR OF CRUEL HARSH PUNISHMENTS IN HELL.

There is wisdom in those books but it is useless to most. The word of God is useless to one that can only read it and not live it. Islam to me is a powerful religion that is based on a mental strength and submission to God. In that submission it clears the psychological path to the other side of your self.
- IS THAT WHY WE HAVE SO MANY ISLAMIC TERRORISTS? AND TO ERADICATE ALL KUFIRS (LIKE SIKHS) NOTHING TO CLEAR HERE. EVEN THE QUIET MUSLIMS AGREE ISLAM SHALL DOMINATE IN THE END.

For if there is a hope in you, the dream to do good, to succeed and to prosper, and then it is only logical to assume there is another side. If life struggles to prolong itself and to maintain its existence, then something within you must work towards self annihilation.
-SAME IN SIKHISM WHICH YOU HAVE FAILED IN THIS SENSE? SAME THING IN BIBLE.
YOU MISSED THEIR MESSAGE OF LOVE?? WHY?? LOOK AT BUDDHISM......MOST PEACEFUL FAITH EVER.

For all the good in you there must be a part of you that lives in the complacency of failure and works toward negativity. Islam addresses that struggle, it gives people inner strength that have nothing. Being one with God makes those parts of you clearer to see.
- ISLAM HAS MIXTURE OF CHRITIANITY AND JUDASIM ......AND HINDUISM SO THERE IS NOTHING UNIQUE IN ISLAM.....PLEASE UNDERSTAND. YOU WOULD HAVE A POINT IF IT WAS A MUCH EARLIER FAITH......

As a Sikh growing up, when you see history/Gurus/1984 you are filled with the need to make a change, to progress, and to do good for all. You see the Guru's lifestyle and you want to accomplish what they did, you want to lead, you want tos ucceed and prosper, and help out every human whose suffereing. Then, you face current society, you face your own community whose become so corrupted. This is exactly what I mean by the wars of the mind. One side seeks good, while the other starts to seek self-annlihation. Me, and many sikhs that I've spoken to, have at times become so fed up and sad with the state of the Sikhs, or the future of the Sikhs that they feel they should jus give up.
- GO TO PAKISTAN, IRAQ AND YOU WILL RUN BACK TO SIKHISM... MUSLIM GROUPS HATE EACH OTHER I.E. SUNNI, SHI-ITE, AHMDAIYA... YOU WILL RUN AND LOVE SIKHISM MORE......WE DONT HAVE A BIG PROBLEM AS MUCH AS THEM.

Everyone sees the Sikh identity going away, even as uncles begin to tell you that you dont need kesh anymore, and you see your children may give it away too. So what's the point, if eventually someone will cut it. This is what I mean by self-annlihation. I do not mean suicide, but eradicating your own self, your own culture, and "giving in".
- THIS IS THE 'SAROOP' NOW LETS FOCUS ON LOVE OF GOD IN SGGS

I've only read and understood part of the Quran, but even the little I have, it does help, and I recommend it to all children of the same league as me.
- SO YOU ARE NOT EVEN TRYING SGGS? AND YOU WILL NOT RECOMMEND IT TO CHILDREN? READ IT ALL!!!!! SEE....... READ THE SAKHIS.

At times, I feel as reading the SGGS it does not factor in the struggle of the mind that I face at times, hence where the Quran can come in as a factor.
- THAT IS YOUR OPINION, I PERSONALLY FOUND BUDDHISM APPEALING, HOWEVER SGGS STANDS OUT IN THE CROWD.

IF YOU CANT READ THE SAKHIS, AND SGGS, THEN READ ABOUT HEAVEN FOR MALES .AND WHAT HAPPENS TO A WIFE WHO DOESNT LISTEN TO YOU. DONT JUST READ ONE PART AND FALL IN LOVE. TASTE THE WHOLE APPLE.

Moderators Note : Dear Fellow Spirtual friends Try to avoid being personal in discussions it basically makes you miss the point and creates confusion.

Sep 11, 2005
Dear Young Gentle Man Muslim ,

Ok , Ok , I agree with you for a moment that Koran is not tempered .

But what about the Muddleheaded Islamic Scholars Having a Myopic Vision . Though they have 6/6 physical Vison but they are myopic in interpretation , understanding and analysing ...........

What do you have opinion about these M-I-S who wearing a convex lens between the Koran and their vision of their mind .................

Dear Gentle Men ..................

Why you people are head on heals to kill disbelievers , since the 7th century AD ...........

Please don't get me Wrong , But Muslim are Sex Maniacs .................

Dear Muslim Do You know Why you people worship on Fridays .......

Because Friday is the Day of VENUs , and VENUS rules Love and Sex , forget about love , Muslims have a laser sharp focus on Sex .

Why you people have ramzaans or rozas , I have read in local news an article publshed by your scholars .

If any muslim keeps his rozas properly , then he will get ZANNAT , where at the doors of ZANNAT some gorgeous HOORS and PARIS , will be awaiting for you ..............

You people worship god only of HOORS and PARIS ...................

Dear Friend I am not writing out of bias , but what you people do and say ..................

Due to central theme of Polygamy and FOOLTOO SEX enjoyment , this religion is fastly spreading likes AIDS .

ACQUIRED ISLAMIC DESEASE SYNDROME

Sep 11, 2005
Dear Young Muslim

The earth was round , and is round and will be round ....

It is a known fact now ............

But , as long as it was not proved that earth is round , it was believed that earth is flat ...........

It was also believed that sun revolves around earth , but now it is proved that earth revolves around sun ..

so , same way it might be was koran revolving around ALLAH , or ALLAH Was revolving around Koran .

But as koran is interpreted and understood by MIS it seems ALLAH revolves around KORAN, and if it is so then ........... its very sad dear muslim that your are trying to prove your ALLAH Wrong ..........

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Dear young Muslim brother must know that as per a few sofis and most of the Shias the present KuraN IS ONLY 1/3RD of the origional sent by Akal unto Rasool.

And as in Arebic one owrd may mean 80 diferant things so we have about more then 72 interpeations of Kuran hence more than 72 'sects'.

Way,Follower and destination all are in hand of Allah.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM