• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Quieting The Mind Opening The Heart

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Mahanbir Ji please have look at the attachment, i have circled the preview post button :) You have click on Go Advanced button to reach this screen.

Attachments

• Edit_2009-05-13_2.bmp
    808.2 KB · Reads: 241
Nov 16, 2006
Perth, western Australia
Greatful to you Aman ji
you are always ready for help. This distiguishes you from the rest of crowd.
can we not have save button & formatting for highlighting certain portion of text.
why punjabi words get separated on this space for quick reply?

with love & regards
Mahanbir Singh

Nov 16, 2006
Perth, western Australia
Aman ji ,
i have just written an artical ' DONT TURN DOWN GOD'
I wanted to put as a new thread. it got published as a new artical. is it o.k or can i put the same as a new thread so that others can read. i will prefer to put as a new thread. what is your advice.

Nov 16, 2006
Perth, western Australia
Aman ji can you please advice me how to put a lind ' click here to read the whole artical' as you have done. i wish to put this link on the artical that i have just written DONT TURN DOWN GOD. This artical has been published as a new artical

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Mahanbir ji, you are most welcome. :) Well, there are always known issues when we post non-english characters on any forum... only unicoded fonts show up as they are under any browser... but converting characters to unicode is quite a tedius job. Sometimes, we have to live by some limitations.

For this matter, we have some five gurumukhi fonts installed for giving some choice to the posters... you can see them from the Fonts drop down menu...

And, it hardly matters if a new topic is a thread or a article... :) i hope this helps.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
That click 'click here to read the whole artical' shows up on 2nd and subsequent pages by system automatically... and as i have stated, it does not matter if a topic is a thread or a article... it is just a presentation.

D-Singh

SPNer
Jul 7, 2007
"To put it simply, the act of meditation involves quieting the mind so you can open the heart. That's it in a nutshell."

This sounds poetic, but its common sense. You do not have to quieten your mind, just watch it!, watch your thoughts, watch the noisey thoughts.

The have a purpose, that need to achieve, accomplish, to have fun, to do better. Be the master of these, by just watching them, and directing your thoughts. By just watching them, you become aware of the space inbetween your thoughts.

You don't have to sit alone in a room for hours on end to try to achieve peace.

Nov 16, 2006
Perth, western Australia
very will said D singh ji,
watch what your mind is thinkin. you can not stop your mind to think, you get back one step & see what noise it is making. you stand aside. let these toughts pass. it is a passing prade if you do not analyse these thoughts which are coming to you.
not only thoughts some fellings & some sounds will disturb you which have no connection with the present moment. let them pass , it is a passing parede.you will get quiet. it seems so simple but it is true. concentrate on your breathing. listen to your breathing. This is one easy way to stop your mind from wandering.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM