Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Queries

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by j, Jul 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. j

j
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to create a query that has a simple criteria expression (i.e. > 5
    or >10). However, I want the number that the field should be less than (the 5
    or the 10) to be imputed by the user. Is there any way for me to run a query
    that prompts a message box and imputs the users response as the number in the
    criteria. Thanks

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Importance of Hukamnama - Some Queries Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jun 14, 2009
    Queries History of Sikhism Oct 26, 2006

3. KARL DEWEY

KARL DEWEY
    Expand Collapse

This will do it for you --
    > [Enter the lowest value to search for]

"j" wrote:

> I am trying to create a query that has a simple criteria expression (i.e. > 5
    > or >10). However, I want the number that the field should be less than (the 5
    > or the 10) to be imputed by the user. Is there any way for me to run a query
    > that prompts a message box and imputs the users response as the number in the
    > criteria. Thanks

4. John Vinson

John Vinson
    Expand Collapse

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:33:02 -0700, j <j@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote:

>I am trying to create a query that has a simple criteria expression (i.e. > 5
    >or >10). However, I want the number that the field should be less than (the 5
    >or the 10) to be imputed by the user. Is there any way for me to run a query
    >that prompts a message box and imputs the users response as the number in the
    >criteria. Thanks

Sure. It's called a "Parameter Query".

Use

> [Enter lower limit:]

on the criteria line. The user will be prompted with whatever text you
    put in the brackets; whatever they type in response will be used as
    the query criterion.

John W. Vinson[MVP]