• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Puzzling

Mar 28, 2005
amritsar
one of my sikh friends claim that, out of those 5K kirpan is not necessary cause he thinks that we are in the modern era and also we are not allowed to carry that thing with us whenever we trip a foreign country. Just want to confirm that should we stick to carrying that kirpan with us or not?

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
you may like to ask your friend how he/she defines 'modern', as everyone has different perceptions of this word. Then ask yourself, if you are going to get pushed yourself under those influences?

5Ks are commanded by Guru Sahib. Understanding the rationale behind those reminders will help us all.

Regards.

Mar 28, 2005
amritsar
but what if we, for some reason, have to take of our kara, kanga, kirpan. I am guessing that we are not supposed to part those things according to gurbani, but there are times where we will be forced to part those things, so in that case, should we have to go for the amrit again for regreting or not?

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
tejinder_singh said:
but what if we, for some reason, have to take of our kara, kanga, kirpan. I am guessing that we are not supposed to part those things according to gurbani, but there are times where we will be forced to part those things, so in that case, should we have to go for the amrit again for regreting or not?

There is a fine line between rituals and understanding. Think of extreme situations when one is in proper baana, but has got nothing to do with values of sikhism. On the other hand, there is one, who is not supporting 5 Ks, but can be considered as an exemplery human being. I understand taking 5Ks always with body, as the reminders. IMHO, A Gursikh can achieve a state when there is no need of reminders even. However, we tend to get stuck up at kindergarten level of school of sikhism, there are always so many higher studies veer. Who and how are we going to explore those! And moreover, things come to an individual by the process of own learning, the forums, discussions etc, can just act as a catalyst, upon asking a right question, with an intention to act upon.

Guru Fateh jio

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: