Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Punjabi Wordsearch Puzzle Generator

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by gsingh2011, Jun 14, 2012.

1. gsingh2011

gsingh2011 United States
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

This is something I did in my free time. Hopefully somebody fines it entertaining or maybe even educational. Feel free to give suggestions, but there's no guarantee I'll keep working on this. Let me know if there are any major issues. The browser you use has to have HTML5 support and Javascript enabled. Chrome, Firefox and Safari should be good. Internet Explorer might work if it's version 9.

Here's the link:
    http://www.gulshansingh.com/wordsearch.php

2. Loading...

3. findingmyway

findingmyway
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

This is a great idea!! I am sharing with my sister/nieces & nephews. It would be good to have a version with automatically generated words as I think that would engage more people (humans are lazy!) and be a better learning experience (by increasing vocab and improving spelling. Thanks for sharing cheerleader

4. gsingh2011

gsingh2011 United States
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Thanks, I appreciate it when people leave their comments. I'd love to add a feature that would auto generate words, but then I would need to create a large list of punjabi words (and probably their definitions to make it educational). If I had a list like that it wouldn't be too hard. I've looked online and I can't find anything like that. I've also looked at current online punjabi dictionaries to see if there's a way I could use their database. Unfortunately, these websites had no contact information, so I couldn't ask the creators for a copy of their database.

If anyone has any type of database or list like this, let me know.

5. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

There is a LIST of ALL the WORDS in the SGGS available on the Internet..and its downloadable...perhaps that can serve as a basic beginning...