Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

PS3 Hacked!

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Randip Singh, Aug 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Randip Singh

Randip Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPN Sewadaar
    Historian SPNer Supporter

Well I can't say I blame them. Sony have been so restrictive with the PS3 capabilities, it makes people even more determined to hack it. The last straw was removing the other OS system capability.

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    India CBI Website Hacked by Pakistani Cyber Army Breaking News Dec 4, 2010
    Sikh News Sikh businessman hacked to death (Central Chronicle) Breaking News Dec 6, 2008
    Sikh News Punjab Cricket Association website hacked? (Press Trust of India) Breaking News Oct 24, 2007
    Sikhism Philosophy Network was Hacked on 8/11... Sikh Youth Aug 13, 2006
    Instant messenger could control hacked computers Interfaith Dialogues Oct 14, 2004

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

LOL You need to "friend" my hubby on facebook and the two of you can discuss this and more. I am always astonished at the number of hacks that are possible on these devices -- phones too.

4. Randip Singh

Randip Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPN Sewadaar
    Historian SPNer Supporter

PS3 was not hackable for ages, and Sony's attitude towards customers has been quite draconian. They have been steadily removing feature:

-Ability to play PS 2 games
    -Ability to use other OS's

As the tenth master said, "When all other means fail, it maybe necessary to draw the sword". In this case hackers have used a cyber sword :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. samalden

samalden
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

PlayStation 3 has long been a popular toy for modders because of the ability to run Linux on your hardware, Sony has a feature since removed, apparently for fear of software piracy. PS3 is considered the most reliable console ever made with the rest not hacked for four years.The very little information right now, but have successfully hacked the PS3 to have full read and write, without going through the hypervisor.

6. Seeker9

Seeker9 United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    Cleverness is not wisdom
    SPNer Supporter

The Blu-Rays on first PS3 generation consoles were prone to failure...my nephew's Blu-ray failed just outside the warranty period

Personally I think the PS3 is over-rated and over-priced...much as I detest Microsoft, I would have to grudgingly concede that the XBox represents much better value for money

Incidentally, I have neither...my boys are aged 10 and 6 so I decided the Wii was a much better option for them...great fun all round!

• Like Like x 1
  7. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

I detest Microsoft too. But the feedback on XBox is just as you say from the sources I have read/talked to.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

I have always used x-Box and simply love it!!! Though customer service in India is pathetic to really mild... A Microsoft person had to come all the from Delhi just to replace a small faulty x-box under warranty... took more than a week... you can well image my plight... swordfight

• Like Like x 3
  9. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh United States
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Aman ji,

Guru Fateh.

Trimaan has been able to exchange his Xbox several times by sweet talking with the Microsoft people. He plays it all around the world with his internet connection.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BazGrewal

BazGrewal
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Haha thats true, I like the comparsion.

11. BazGrewal

BazGrewal
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Btw I randomly came to this thread, and it just made my day, reading about PS3 and X-BOX on Sikh Philosophy Network. lol

• Like Like x 1