Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

'Proud to be a Sikh' based on True Life Incidents

Discussion in 'Sikh Youth' started by spnadmin, Feb 12, 2013.

1. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Proud to be a Sikh based on true life incidents

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-true-life-incidents/articleshow/18442973.cms

'Proud to be a Sikh' is an upcoming Punjabi movie by Satdeep Singh & Dr. Rupinder Singh, based on the life of a gursikh professor who comes to India with lots of aspirations and feelings for his heritage and culture, as he had to leave the country during 1984. But as soon as he enters the city he comes across a very different environment and culture among Sikh youth. Also few incidents occured which left him in shock and made him find out the reasons which shook the roots of Sikh in mere 20-25 years and which took more than 500 years for our Guru Sahibaan and Gursikhs to nurture.

Proud to be a Sikh is about the journey of that gursikh professor in making Sikh youngsters aware and feel proud for their identity and rich heritage , the difficulties he faced during this journey, and how he emerges victorious in the end.

Proud to be a Sikh is about clarifying the society the true image of a Sikh and not the one which they have projected in their minds based on false media propaganda and other misunderstandings. It is also about the lifestyle of a true khalsa in which he displays both the qualities of being a saint and sipahi in required conditions.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Loading...

3. findingmyway

findingmyway
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dNrgfj_kk1g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am very much looking forward to the release of this movie. I think it will be very interesting

• Like Like x 5
    #2 findingmyway, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
  4. aristotle

aristotle
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

• Like Like x 3
  5. Kanwaljit Singh

Kanwaljit Singh India
    Expand Collapse
    Apache Spark, Scala developer
    Writer SPNer

I was observing that the general majority of Sikhs feel a gap in belief and faith when they see Dumalla wearing Singhs and Keski wearing Kaurs. I hope the movie can bridge that gap well. Actually Satdeep veerji did that with his previous movie, Born to Lead.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TigerStyleZ

TigerStyleZ
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Should never stop making such movies, this movies perfectly traget my age group. Furhtermore it is better than any of these Bollywood crap! And finally 'good' time waste :winkingmunda:

Sat Siri Akaal

• Like Like x 1