• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Prophet Lot And The Painful Reality Today

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
My dear brothers

-The issue here
Nothing to do with affection or hatred
But
The truth always
Illustrate the life of Prophet Lut peace be upon him with his people
What happened to the believers (of torment escape)
What happened to the arrogant and obstinate to the religion of Allah and His Messenger (suffering and destruction in the world and the Hereafter)

-Direct[/FONT] physical evidence
Medical examination for a couple of gay marriage a
Medical examination for a couple to marry a man and a natural woman
To see the test result
[/FONT] Disbelief (kufr)or--
Faith
For any Muslim
In the Holy Qur'an and the Hadith
This is the basis of everything
So upright life of a Muslim

Look with me in the Holy Qur'an for the word Kufr
The Kafr-

(73) They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the third of three." And there is no god except one God. And if they do not desist from what they are saying, there will surely afflict the disbelievers among them a painful punishment. [/FONT]
(74) So will they not repent to Allah and seek His forgiveness? And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

[/FONT](44) Indeed, We sent down the Torah, in which was guidance and light. The prophets who submitted [to Allah] judged by it for the Jews, as did the rabbis and scholars by that with which they were entrusted of the Scripture of Allah, and they were witnesses thereto. So do not fear the people but fear Me, and do not exchange My verses for a small price. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed – then it is those who are the disbelievers.

(98) Say, "O People of the Scripture, why do you disbelieve in the verses of Allah while Allah is Witness over what you do?"
(99) Say, "O People of the Scripture, why do you avert from the way of Allah those who believe, seeking to make it [seem] deviant, while you are witnesses [to the truth]? And Allah is not unaware of what you do."
(100) O you who have believed, if you obey a party of those who were given the Scripture, they would turn you back, after your belief, [to being] unbelievers.

And so on

God has guided you to the right

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
-Direct[/FONT] physical evidence
Medical examination for a couple of gay marriage a
Medical examination for a couple to marry a man and a natural woman
To see the test result
[/FONT] Disbelief (kufr)or--
Faith
For any Muslim
In the Holy Qur'an and the Hadith
This is the basis of everything
So upright life of a Muslim

Do Muslims believe that people have a soul?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Yes, I think the soul is different in that it can enjoy physical pleasures when not in a physical body. The soul can enjoy 72 virgins and lakes of wine even when it leaves the body behind.

BUT Guru nanak ji says different...Guru Ji declares that even the DEVAS...seek PHYSICAL BODY....so they can ESCAPE their "body-less condition"..do Naam Jaap and MERGE with HIM...NO BODY...NO MERGER !! its That SIMPLE..so BODY is VITAL INGREDIENT in this Equation...And wonder of wonders..GURBANI/SGGS..is written in INK on PAPER..for the PHYSICAL EYES to see and read..and FOR the PHYSICAL BODY to FOLLOW..and become READY FOR MERGER. There is NO SGGS for "souls" !!!

2. a Soul has no vajood..existence sans the Body..when the BODY DIES..the "Soul" is left with no alternative !!.......and becomes invisible /disappears/whatever..while the physical dead body is burned/buried etc.

3. I beleive all those "green fileds..rivers of honey and milk..golden mansions...72 VIRGINS ( not married women, not divorcees, not widows...BUT ONLY "VIRGINS" ) blah blah blah are "Marketing Gimmicks" to Placate the GULLIBLE to...endure suffering/suppression/not having it...deprivation..etc etc while ALIVE in this WORLD..for the UNSEEN, UNTESTED, IMAGINARY..heavens in the next world....exactly like what an exaperated parent may tell his child hankering after an ice cream or a toy..Ya Ya papa will get you a Tub of Ice cream..Papa will take you to the Mall....LATER...STOP BUGGING ME NOW !!! well the child may get a tub of ice cream or get to viist the mall...later..BUT who gets the 72 virgins or golden mansions..NO ONE HAS EVER COME BACK to say / show this...its all massive ADVERTISING to shut people UP.

THIS is WHY the SIKH GURUS are the ONLY ONES who have NEVER "promised" such to nay Sikh...they are the Only ones who speak the TRUTH..Gurmatt Life is very very DIFFICULT..as difficult as walking on a sharp blade....as thin/fine as astrand of human hair...no easy way out..no GIMMICKS..NO washing sins automatically..NO FALSE PROMISES..just HARD WORK..Honest Labour, SHARING and LIVING TRUTHFULLY. No shortcuts..NOTHING like that at all. A SIKH doesnt want HEAVEN..and he is NOT afraid of HELL..because they DONT EXIST.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Ishna Ji...maybe she was "stoned" ?? you know...like how those who are "high"/"stoned".....??? so she got a double dose of 'stoning"...ha ha stoned becasue she was already stoned..pun intended...or she was just self stoned..who knows what happened really because:singhbhangra: these are simply tales spun and spun until the the reader also gets "stoned"..get it ??

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I think Nabenji should have his account terminated as it is clearly a series of spoof postings designed to give our Muslim brothers and sisters a bad name. From the sexist 'my dear brothers' to the vitriolic content, it is clear to me the writer is no Muslim

This account is probably being used all over the net to show Islam in a bad light.

:)

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
Do Muslims believe that people have a soul?
Yes, my dear brother

Spirit is the secret of the mysteries of God
Discrimination between man alive and the dead man
Spirit, such as the air you breathe and feel
But you do not see
So
The Jews had said to the pagans of Quraish: ask this man - they mean Muhammad peace be upon him - for three issues:
The first issue: the owners of all the people of the cave.
The second issue: for a century.
The third issue: for the Spirit.
If he can answer the Prophet about it(that the Prophet), yes, God revealed to His Messenger, to answer these questions for the owners of the cave, and Thi centuries.
The Spirit: The God Almighty said: {85. And they ask you (O Muhammad) concerning the Ruh (the Spirit); Say: "The Ruh (the Spirit): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little." [Al-Isra: verse 85], did not ask them to Convo, but it is one of privacy between the Almighty , and it was he who created it,, is the secret of secrets, and still a secret, and that the miracles of the Qur'an
God has guided you

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
BUT Guru nanak ji says different...Guru Ji declares that even the DEVAS...seek PHYSICAL BODY....so they can ESCAPE their "body-less condition"..do Naam Jaap and MERGE with HIM...NO BODY...NO MERGER !! its That SIMPLE..so BODY is VITAL INGREDIENT in this Equation...And wonder of wonders..GURBANI/Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji..is written in INK on PAPER..for the PHYSICAL EYES to see and read..and FOR the PHYSICAL BODY to FOLLOW..and become READY FOR MERGER. There is NO Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji for "souls" !!!

2. a Soul has no vajood..existence sans the Body..when the BODY DIES..the "Soul" is left with no alternative !!.......and becomes invisible /disappears/whatever..while the physical dead body is burned/buried etc.

3. I beleive all those "green fileds..rivers of honey and milk..golden mansions...72 VIRGINS ( not married women, not divorcees, not widows...BUT ONLY "VIRGINS" ) blah blah blah are "Marketing Gimmicks" to Placate the GULLIBLE to...endure suffering/suppression/not having it...deprivation..etc etc while ALIVE in this WORLD..for the UNSEEN, UNTESTED, IMAGINARY..heavens in the next world....exactly like what an exaperated parent may tell his child hankering after an ice cream or a toy..Ya Ya papa will get you a Tub of Ice cream..Papa will take you to the Mall....LATER...STOP BUGGING ME NOW !!! well the child may get a tub of ice cream or get to viist the mall...later..BUT who gets the 72 virgins or golden mansions..NO ONE HAS EVER COME BACK to say / show this...its all massive ADVERTISING to shut people UP.

THIS is WHY the SIKH GURUS are the ONLY ONES who have NEVER "promised" such to nay Sikh...they are the Only ones who speak the TRUTH..Gurmatt Life is very very DIFFICULT..as difficult as walking on a sharp blade....as thin/fine as astrand of human hair...no easy way out..no GIMMICKS..NO washing sins automatically..NO FALSE PROMISES..just HARD WORK..Honest Labour, SHARING and LIVING TRUTHFULLY. No shortcuts..NOTHING like that at all. A SIKH doesnt want HEAVEN..and he is NOT afraid of HELL..because they DONT EXIST.
no, my dear brother
Your words is incorrect
Truth in the article
God has guided you [/FONT]

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
Mr Naben, why did Lot's wife need to be stoned? Was she gay too?
no, my dear brother

Prophet Lot's wife
Violated, such as folk
But
Pimp
Do not do immoral actions such as folk
Treason here
Betrayal of faith
Disobedience to Allah and His Messenger
Therefore deserved punishment with her ​​[/FONT]people
Such as the wife of the Prophet Noah

God says in the Holy Qur'an
10. Allah sets forth an example for those who disbelieve, the wife of Nuh (Noah) and the wife of Lout (Lot). They were under two of our righteous slaves, but they both betrayed their (husbands by rejecting their doctrine) so they [Nuh (Noah) and Lout (Lot)] benefited them (their respective wives) not, against Allah, and it was said: "Enter the Fire along with those who enter!"

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Naben please don't call me brother, I am not male.

Thanks for answering the question re Lots wife.

Can you also tell me what you indend to achieve here at SPN? If we wanted lessons in Islam we would go to a Muslim site and look it up ourselves. Why do you keep giving us lessons?

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
I have 8 DOGS...and dogs being dogs they all bark and jump for JOY each time any member of my family goes OUT or Comes IN..and also when someone comes at the gate..or when a Bird flies in through the window..or when a {censored}roach crawls out of the woodwork..or a wall lizard slides along on the plaster ceiling..or a house fly flies in..what i mean is they Bark quite a LOT...
MY Neighbours are Devout Mulsims...all Hajis who have visited Mecca and Pray five times....and I know that Muslims dont esp love dogs...
BUT when I meet my neighbours...and ask them politely..Do my dogs annoy you..offend you...their answer is..NO MR Singh..DOGS WILL BE DOGS...its their NATURE TO BARK...and since your DOGS are intelligent enough/sensible enough to NOT BARK at NIGHT and let us all sleep in peace..we can tolerate them...

VERILY..it is His GOD that has guided Naben here...he has come to the right place...we know the NATURE of such ...........Peace be upon all...

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Naben please don't call me brother, I am not male.

Thanks for answering the question re Lots wife.

Can you also tell me what you indend to achieve here at SPN? If we wanted lessons in Islam we would go to a Muslim site and look it up ourselves. Why do you keep giving us lessons?

to make us realise how truly lucky we are to follow a path devoid of fear and retribution

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Why do you care what homosexuals do? :/ it's not like they want you to be homosexual with them, and they are born that way, they cannot choose.

& If I convert to islam is it okay for me to have 5 husbands?

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Is it just self pride ? OR this kind of reassurance that makes me so glad that I am Sikh and that I don't find anything extremely confusing in sikhism!!!

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Brother Vouthon ji..i see that you dont have any comments on this Thread....??? Do you agree with Naben's account....and reasoning vis a vis Lot and homosexuals and all that stuff...i look forward to a refreshing views from you as your other posts on SIKHISM have been rather impressive...This is your Backyard so to speak..hmmmmmmm..

Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Brother Vouthon ji..i see that you dont have any comments on this Thread....??? Do you agree with Naben's account....and reasoning vis a vis Lot and homosexuals and all that stuff...i look forward to a refreshing views from you as your other posts on SIKHISM have been rather impressive...This is your Backyard so to speak..hmmmmmmm..

My dear brother Gyani jipeacesign

I can asure you that my lack of interest in this thread stems not from tacit agreement but rather from the standpoint of utter disgust at what Naben is saying swordfight

To be honest, I am far more interested in Sikhi than Naben's homophobia lol His style of writing - which reads like a very poor attempt at proselytism to me - is very unappealing to my sensibilities, which is why I have - until now - largely tried to overlook it.

Well, I do belong to an Abrahamic religion - yes - but I certainly do not read the story of Lot in the Book of Genesis and come away with it hateful of homosexuals, so the similarities between me and Naben end there I am afraid, although perhaps this is because my reading of it is filtered through the eyes of Christ who never even mentioned homosexuality once in any of his recorded sayings and certainly, like myself, understood the parable of Lot very differently from Naben and the holy Qur'an.

First of all, before I discuss the story of Lot specifically, please allow me to explain how one should read and interpret ancient texts, especially Old Testament stories which come from nearly 3,000 years ago.

Catholics believe in the Doctrine of Divine Accomodation.

This doctrine of the Catholic Church, held by every Father and theologian from the first century till now, was explained by the Protestant historian and sociologist Rodney Stark in his recent 2011 book, "The Triumph of Christianity":

"...The doctrine of divine accomodation holds that God's communications with humans are always limited to their current capacity to comprehend. As St. Gregory of Nyssa wrote in the fourth century, God is so "far above our nature and inaccessible to all approach" that he, in effect, speaks to us in baby talk, thereby giving "to our human nature what is is capable of receiving"..."

This is closely linked to the other important doctrine of progressive revelation which I explained to brother Harry Haller ji on this post in this another thread:

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/163797-post44.html

Just check about half-way down the post and you will find my explanation of it.

The story of Lot isn't actually about homosexuality. The primary "sin" was actually rape - in this case the attempted rape of two men by a group of other men, that is, an abusive homosexual act. The Sodomites wanted to rape the visitors whom Lot, the one just man in the city, welcomed in hospitality for the night.

The Bible itself is lucid on the sins of Sodom: pride, lack of concern for the poor and needy (Ezekiel 16:48-49); hatred of strangers and cruelty to guests (Wisdom 19:13); arrogance (Sirach/Ecclesiaticus 16; evildoing, injustice, oppression of the widow and orphan (Isaiah 1:17); adultery (in those days, the use of another man’s property), and lying (Jeremiah 23:12).

So you have a whole variety of evils committed by the Sodomites for which the biblical authors condemn them. Homosexuality is not one of them, although abusive homosexual acts certainly are.

Homosexuality, despite ancient Jewish dislike for homosexual sex, was not one of the many sins of the city of Sodom but rather it was SEXUAL ABUSE. Later on in the narrative, the same men of Sodom try to rape Lot's daughters. So we see that the narrative is about sexual abuse, whether homosexual or heterosexual. This is surely very telling.

The tale of Lot is a parable. In the Bible it makes no attempts at historicity, although I presume it must in the Qur'an, but rather has all the hallmarks of a fictional oral tradition passed around at firesides that exemplifies an understanding of a much deeper divine truth. I am quite sure that Lot as presented in the tale never existed nor did the cities of Sodom or Gommorrah. There may have been, archaelogically speaking, a city called Sodom in the ancient world whose inhabitants had a reputation of great evil and which was, tragically, destroyed in some kind of volcanic eruption much like Pompeii and which ancients took as a punishment from the gods or indeed some kind of deity. However there is no concrete evidence in this respect.

To try and use an ancient parable as a standard by which to make judgements about the mental health of homosexual people, or indeed to stereotype these poor people and castigate them as filthy or worthy of being shunned or - God forbid - "stoned", is an abuse of an ancient narrative produced in the Near Middle East nearly 3,000 years ago. It is quite sick actually, and very disturbing that people in the 21st century still read religious texts produced by ancients this way.

The crux of the story of Lot - in the Bible although I cannot speak for the Qur'an where it does seem to be predominantly about the "wickedness" of homosexuality - is actually a kind of "moral tale" about the mercy of God.

The moral of the story is that all a society needs to redeem it is to have one good, humane person living within it, and if it has just that, then there is hope for that country and for that people. One light shinning in the darkness is enough to compensate for, and indeed to absolve, the sins of millions of other people. It is like a candle shinning in a very dark hall. No matter how large the hall is, and no matter how pitch dark the night may be, the darkness cannot put out that single light, cannot overcome it.

So let us read the story first, remembering its venerable age as coming from the pen of far less enlightened people, and let us reflect on God's divine accomodation and progressive revelation through this narrative to help further the spiritual progress of these ancient Jews.

Given its age, the story presents a rather primitive view of God which the Qur'an sadly seems to have adopted well over a thousand years later, from Naben's quotations anyway. In this view, God is seen as a judge to these ancients who will quite literally take justice himself upon cities of evildoers much like a human court Judge would. To this end, God was understood by these ancient Jews to actively intervene in human affairs, punishing those who commit evil and helping the oppressed. However this story, presents a true development in understanding of God's nature, which ancient peoples had prior to this not received. In this story we see a God who is merciful. The city is going to be destroyed by some kind of volcanic eruption, and the ancient peoples of the Near East consider this to be a sign of God's or the gods retribution on the city of Sodom for its great cruelty to other people.

Abraham cries out to God about the imminent destruction of the city, thinking that it is God who is destroying it through nature, as ancient eople often assumed:

“Will you indeed destroy the righteous with the wicked? Suppose there are fifty righteous within the city; will you then destroy the place and not spare it for the fifty righteous who are in it? Far be it from you to do such a thing, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous fare as the wicked! Far be that from you! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?” (Gen 18: 23-25).

Thus we come to a moral dilemna: Does God view human beings collectively? If a country, say Nazi Germany, has fallen into the grip of dictatorship and cruelty, does that thereby mean that it is without hope? Should one simply regard that civilisation as having gone too far and now have no hope of change, of redemption, worthy now only to be condemned or indeed left to destruction through its own evil?

Abraham asks forgiveness for the whole city and does so by appealing to God’s justice, on the basis of good people living within it who can still redeem it. As Pope Benedict XVI explained when commenting on this passage: "Abraham’s thought, which seems almost paradoxical, could be summed up like this: obviously it is not possible to treat the innocent as guilty, this would be unjust; it would be necessary instead to treat the guilty as innocent, putting into practice a “superior” form of justice, offering them a possibility of salvation because, if evildoers accept God’s pardon and confess their wrongdoing, letting themselves be forgiven, they will no longer continue to do wicked deeds, they too will become righteous. It is this request for justice that Abraham expresses in his intercession, a request based on the certainty that the Lord is merciful".

So we have hear, first of all, a clear progression in understanding of God for these ancient people through this story.

Secondly, and more importantly, the indictment of society.

Read:

26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
.28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for fortys sake.
30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twentys sake.
.32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for tens sake.

The moral of this ancient story is clear and it fits in with what the Lord Jesus said on one occassion:

"...Whoever has ears, let him hear. There is light within a man of light, and he lights up the whole world...You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father...The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness cannot overcome it..."

- Jesus Christ

All that it takes for a society to have hope, is for a few good individuals to stand up within it and "let their light shine".

Thus in Nazi Germany, a group of young devout Christian students called the White Rose passively resisted the government and tried to spread around pamphlets alerting Germans to the horrors committed by the Nazi regime in the occupied territories against Jews and other innocents. These young people, one of who was a 21 year old woman called Sophie Scholl, paid with their lives. They were beheaded in 1943.

And yet they were a "light" to their society, and through brave people like them - now revered in Germany - a new Germany arose after the war, freed from the evils of Nazism.

In the story of Sodom, Lot was a light shinning his society. He stood up against the evils committed by the other residents of Sodom, and his uncle Abraham - a holy man - tried to intercede and make the inhabitants of Sodom change their ways. And from this story, we receive a very powerful message that all it takes for a society to be redeemed and saved from lapsing into barbarism, is a few, brave people who are willing to "let their light shine".

This is the true moral that the story of Lot teaches us. peacesign

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM