• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Promoting JHATKA

LOL here we go again:happy:

Rajkhalsa ji I understand frustration, but you have to be defiant until the end!:D
be a thorn in the side!

"truth springs from argument amongst friends" -David Hume

I agree with pk70 here...dont just run off because of disagreement
but then again ... the choice is yours...freedom!! (your time could be better spent elsewhere rather than talking to people like myself)

PS: I reposted this picture because Randip Singh ji was interested in its source...so i posted it for all to be seen:p
and to explain the technique of jhatka to the younger children :D

Mar 26, 2006
u r right sinisterji...look man..i need some mature discussion..look at the waste ...in all these days since the posting there wasnt anyting fruitful posted ..all that was done was opposing ..and why should i waste my time over this ..the whole discussion was abt the picture...see how wise we get ...forget actual action..the guys who did this dint want this to go ahead ..simple as that..and its not abt that i m frustrated till the end ..but here there is bias by the moderator...

whats the use of discussing it with someone who's got a big NO in their head...

BabaDeepSingh2.jpg

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
hEY pK70..MAN WHATS WRONG WITH U?? WHAT VENTURE ..U TALKING BOUT ? WAS THIS ARGUEMENT BOUT A VENTURE ??

raj khalsa ji, see the dictionary, it is about your jhatka business promotion, a well wishing, why does it hurt you? Missed it due to tantrum?

DO U KNOW WHY I WROTE THE LAST ONE ??? I THINK U NEED TO CLEAR YOR THOUGHTS ..STOP CALLING SOMEONE CRY BABY..WHO'S A CRY BABY MAN ?? ME ?? OR U ? WHO'S CRIBBING ??
You have blamed the forum, you have written that two people are forcing views on you, be judge of yourself, did I ever say a word against your “promoting of Jhatka?”Or Forum or Mod try to stop you what you wrote, then why these blames?

WHO'S THE WISE PERSON WITH MASTERS IN CHIDL PSYCHOLOGY?? GET YORSELF A CUPPA COFFEE MAN..
Why a simple request is attached to a degree, any logical point? So that is your logic base to respond. Wonderful ! Take a deep breath, and check out, you are no where apposed at all, what I see in your posts” assumptions and accusations” Very well you can say” I don’t care” So it be.

YOU MAYBE A FRIEND OF ANYONE ..DO I CARE ...OR DID I ASK FOR REFERENCES..
I gave one example, how we stay in disagreement but never get frustrated as you did and started blaming others who just questioned picture and, the forum which did nothing to you.. Why would I refer any one to you? I noticed you in your post crying, I answered it, that’s all, Raj Khalsa ji.
[/FONT]
THE REASON OF ME BEING UPSET IS ..THE PIC WAS REMOVED ..I DINT DO IT ...SO THE PERSON WHO DID ..WAS IN YOR AND YOR COMERADE'S INTEREST ..U GUYS CRIBBING FOR GETTING THAT PIC REMOVED ..AND U WERE SUCCESSFUL...I DONT LIKE DISCUSSIONS WITH ADOLESCENT AND UNDER MATURE PEOPLE MAN.
Well your this very post can prove who is adolescent? Let others read and decide who is actually adolescent!, you cannot even understand” request”. Regarding removing of this picture, I already wrote “ I give up as I settle with warning for children .. as it doesn’t matter to me any more... Mature people do not assume, do not accuse others falsely, that is for sure!!!!

WHO'S THE CRIBBER MAN...AND THE WAY U REACTED ..JUST GO THROUGH YOR OWN POSTS..SOUNDS LIKE A NANNY..WHOOOOO.
If you reread your own posts you would find, in stead of understanding, your guts show up to blame, to accuse others for no reason and you often assume and think its maturity…WONDEROUS !

ANYWAYS ..STOP BEING THE WISE GUY AROUND MAN...AND DONT DREAM ...TOO MUCH OF DREAMING OF BEING WISE DOESNT COME HANDY
What is dreaming here? Who claims to be wise and in what way? As you have the right to have opinion so every one does? Why you are so angry, nothing is said against your promotion, integrity?

GOOD LUCK ..AND FIND ANOTHER GOAT...TO GIVE YOR WISE ****..
Show respect at least to yourself even if tantrums are out of control

[/FONT]

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<<<
Originally Posted by amarsanghera
<<(your time could be better spent elsewhere rather than talking to people like myself)>>

:happy:

that includes ignoramouses like you, as well:happy:>>>

yes, we ignorant people must avoid you :D

Mar 26, 2006
You are again playing with words man...well the pattern in way things are expressed ..sounds just taking the suggestion in the other way...look man ..there is nothing about my venture ..God knows why u have the venture high in yor head ..u seem to be a businessman..

Look man..its the way u see words if u see counter arguements as anger and cry and want to pull others down ..its yor way..

by saying someone's a cry baby doesnt make u grow up...acting wise ..wont make u wise ..had u been wise ..u wouldnt have wasted time and used influence to get that pic off....

u know how this discussion deteriorated ..

step 1 - i requested how we could have a choice as sikhs ..and if we had a chain of shops..

step2 - some funny posts..

step3 - my post with that picture

now from here things turn sour...there was discussion on how we were affected and we were not ..about our history ..

well look..man..if you want to turn the situation accusing someone ..and taking the discussion away from the issue..well thats what u guys did ...

was the issue resolved NO...imagine we sikhs couldnt not unite over the issue ..instead we took the issue to a totally dfferent direction..was this whole thing about pictures affecting children NO...

why was i upset ...because someone doesnt understand why what is being said ...but guys its not just you ..the whole country of ours is facing this situation...

I had given the example of Ladakh,..in one of my posts...there again it was a situation which was live ..

Imagine the kahsmiri muslims have time and again attacked buddhists...the relations are bad ...the buddhists dont want them in ladakh...BUT..still they prefer buying meat from them...WHY?? because someone starts a venture..people like we have in this forum jump in and take the issue ..osmewhere else ..the person i knew could do it ..but he feared being thrown out ..

the society doesnt think..lets do something like this ..whats more sensible ..burying differnences and getting a solution ..or going on arguing abt dos and donts and helping the terrorists to flourish..

if this can happen here ..i can imagine how it could happen in the actual society...

i got more angry since we have people calling names..look man no one's crying ..or really getting frustrated ..since this is an impersonal arguement...do u think i would depend on you guys for advice.??? if i wnat to do things i dont need forum...i need to DO IT ...

i tried my best to be soft..but things dont work that way...

:{;o:
<<<<
Originally Posted by amarsanghera
<<(your time could be better spent elsewhere rather than talking to people like myself)>>

:happy:

that includes ignoramouses like you, as well:happy:>>>

yes, we ignorant people must avoid you :D

ignorant people should just avoid each other is all im saying...you just happen to be one of the many in the poppy field...just like myself...not so different now are we?:roll:

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<<<u know how this discussion deteriorated ..

step 1 - i requested how we could have a choice as sikhs ..and if we had a chain of shops..

step2 - some funny posts..

step3 - my post with that picture

now from here things turn sour...there was discussion on how we were affected and we were not ..about our history ..

well look..man..if you want to turn the situation accusing someone ..and taking the discussion away from the issue..well thats what u guys did ...

was the issue resolved NO...imagine we sikhs couldnt not unite over the issue ..instead we took the issue to a totally dfferent direction..was this whole thing about pictures affecting children NO...

why was i upset ...because someone doesnt understand why what is being said ...but guys its not just you ..the whole country of ours is facing this situation...>>>>>>>>>>>

it was fine till the third step

may I ask you why was the picture posted? Did it have any linkeage to discussion?

In my opinion, NO. However, all I and pk70 requested was that some sort of moderation be done on pictures generally accepted as violent in nature. Everyone had opinion and they all shared. Did we keep shouting about vegetarianism etc etc...NO

And what did you answer it with?

<<<<Bhul Chuk Muaaf Karni...May I know what was so bad about the picture ??? Its not about me right and you wrong ..or vice a versa ...I confused..shocked ..lost..!!!!

There is better slaughter pictures in a child's book..chicken chops sausages..pork..stuffed pork...beef..lamb ...and much more ..veers in USA have a better idea...

I believe all those sensitive veers who would like to have this pic removed are in some associated with vegeterianism..or our other brotherhood sangats like Akhand Kirtani Jatha...

For all our sensitive veers ..i think when a child sees this picture ..this will be a boon in disguise..since the child will have questions ..(are we afraid of those questions by the way ?) This picture might promote vegeterianism in that child if he/she knows how this works ...and gets affected by slaughter..

I respect all yor emotions Veers ..and we are one ..
but please make me understand ..I have the highest respect for vegeterianism and vegeterians ..please dont get me wrong...

Bhai Sinister ji I thank you for understanding me ..
lets all our veers discuss this and enlighten me ..how a ritual..which is part of our culture.....can be censored..i would like to know ..

Veers ..trust me
..if all our Saadh Sangat feels i have done something wrong ..I will remove the pic.. there is no ego issue ..after all we are here to unite and not fight ..

i a sanatan Sikh..another a kirtani jatha..maybe someone a namdhari...our basic idea is to unite and not prove the other one wrong ..WE ARE ONE

Will be waiting for more of your opinion...>>>>

1. You made generic assumptions and brought in vegetarianism and what not into the discussion
2. You yourself called out for a discussion on whether this picture should be there or not- now lease tell me- who side tracked the discussion?

If you were so keen on discussing abt having meat chain or solving the problem you had two choices to make:

1. Ignore the posts we made and merrily go ahead and discuss, let the mods decide
2. Wait for discussion that you invited

Now we see that you call people who were debating the discussion you decided as “wise men” and “egoistical” – don’t you think that you need to see your original post and decide who is taking it personally?

This forum does not belong to anyone. We all have had disagreements and heated exchanges. Everyone has issues they hold dear but this does not allow having a prejudiced view of the mods’ decisions. They have a written policy and as long as they abide by it in true spirit, I am happy and hope all should be.

Now we move to page number 3

Discussion now moves to how children can be educated about death and meat

Who started it? One of the members, did you object then?

NO

If the original topic was close to you, you could have objected then and brought it to group’s notice.

Merely starting a topic does not entitle you to include or exclude views and opinions that come in. You have to PARTICIPATE and steer it if you want a logical conclusion.

Next,

Page 4 to 7, we do not see you anywhere !!!

Its just me and Sinister rolling around in theoretical muck J

You come back into the discussion myself and Sinister were having and added comments, which were no way to our discussion and neither to your topic.

You brought in another twist in the tale with Ahimsa, vegetarianism, rewriting Sikh history and Jainism

WE WERE NOT DISCUSSING VEGETARIANISM !!!!!

<<I dont really feel any of our veers who oppose jhatka do know the difference ..

i really fail to understand are we some sort of Ahimsa Marag or what

i somewhere feel these guys can re write Sikh history ..maybe replace kirpans with bouquets..!!!

this post was about promoting jhatka..and here we have people fighting over vegeterianism..this is not the issue..

do not take the issue haywire....Sikhi has space for all..this is not Jainism..we have vegeterian Nirmalas and Naamdharis ..and also meat eating Warrior Nihangs..

Accepted that initially Sikhi was not martial and had a huge influence of vegeterianism..how ever after the Sixth Guru Maharaj ..things were changing as according to times ..as we are all aware ..

The way things are being looked ..its just like ..one group of people doesnt want another one to even survive ..

Jhatka is not something to be ashamed..its something to be proud ....why kill an animal painfully...>>>

Except for maybe the last line, your post was all based on assumptions and not on our previous discussions.

All pk70 ji did was to point out your mistake that you had not read the complete discussion

<<<I dont really feel any of our veers who oppose jhatka do know the difference ..
Raj Khalsa ji,
I was hoping you have been reading all stuff posted on the thread you created, sadly I have to say, you really haven’t. If you did, you wouldn’t have concluded your assumptions as facts. Let me prove it. Who are those “Veers “who oppose Jhatka? amarsanghera ji or me? If you think so, please reread ( his and mine) posts, our main issue is to avoid to show these pictures to small children. However, as other Veer jis have different opinion on this, continued to drag this issue to Vegetarianism to bravery, tradition of Sikhi bla. Bla.., never actually tried to deal with the issue.>>>

Then we have a post from you yesterday 1:38 pm

<<Waheguruji ka Khalsa Waheguruji ki Fateh

Saadh Sangatji,

Well my apologies to bhai amar sanghera and Pk70 and all others who felt i dint 'read' their posts...and i misunderstood..

good to hear you dont have anything against jhatka ..but the way it was debated..it gave a strict jaini look..so now the issue is just against the pic..ummm..guys..maybe the next time i post any pics..we can have a sensation and emotion commitee to check with sensors..maybe you guys could be heads...hehehe..just kidding....

well let others too decide..whats ok and whats not ...but guys i dont have anything against any of you..whether you r kirtani jatha or no jatha..the bottom line is we r sikhs..the best we can do is ..AGREE TO DISAGREE...no hard feelings ..

Raaj Karega Khalsa>>>

And then you start your tirade against one and all !!

May I ask you, were you stung that your pics were removed or the topic was not discussed.

You saw the topic for two days and you had every right to restart your discussion points, but there was no attempt !!!

So my message to you is,

Chill !!

This is just a forum

We come here to discuss. No one takes it to heart till you start singling out someone and call them rude names.

If you want something to be discussed strictly within the boundaries , please do add it to your posts up front.

This is considered general forum etiquette.

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<poppy field>>

ah, reminds me of something!!

what do you say Dal veerji..

sinister is very keen on poppy ;)

Mar 26, 2006
Ok Amar veerji...this is better ..i apologize for my my mistakes ..good that u cleared the cloud..Bhai pk70 ji ..accept my apologies ...:wah:

somehtings go haywire..based on assumptions ...i would be adding both of u ..as my friends ..no more firing ..hehehehehe

bhul chuk muaaf karni

Raaj Karega Khalsa

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Here is an update on the discussion. Mod's are puzzled as to why the picture was posted in the first instance. The thread began as a discussion about a meat business (simple overview of the issues). Then a picture appeared of a goat that had been beheaded by a Nihang. Forum members expressed the desire to see it deleted because it was a violent scene. Mod's discussed whether deleting this picture would lead to the need to go through threads removing pics of Gurus and Sants who had been brutally martyred. We would like to be consistent -- but you can see where this would lead. The big question remains -- was the picture posted to wind people up -- which has happened? Or was it posted to make a point? If so, what was the point? Was there a basis in Gurbani for posting the picture. History and tradition can't be believable answers because the thread was not about history or tradition but about a business choice and a personal dilemma in today's world of Sikhi. So, we have to ask -- Is it worth it to have some forum members so dissatisfied about this picture when no apparent good purpose is served? The pic could have been deleted right off using the forum rule regarding excessive negativity.

Good to see that the tone of the discussion has cooled off, cooled down, whatever it is.

I don't know what will happen with the picture. We are still very puzzled about its purpose. And we want to be fair.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

In India Muslims want that all should eat Halal.Once one guy wanted das to eat it with deception.

Sikhs as presently propogate thing wrongly that Armtidhari should not eat meat tend to force some novice Sikh go to eat Halal.Some intelligent one like the one in Dubai and other followers of Mr Ghugga justify Sikhs eating Halal(Kutha) by saying that Baba Nanak went to Mecca,he should have had Halal.As So Sikhs can eat Halal.As per few Muslim Sects for going to Mecaa one has to shave off the head also and shave the hairs of underarms.So should Sikh do the same?

Muslims in India are aggresive to propogate Halal,they wanted it to be served in railways also.It is served in Pizza hut and subway sandwichs.So we have Sikhs in business for Jhatka and das encourges Hindus and Muslims alike to eat Jhataka.We have green shop and sardar meat shop in Delhi.Other non Halal could be venkies and bromak chicken.Then we have Khub chand and esex form piggery.

If we have to come neaer to outcaste in India,we could set them up meat shops and later convert them to Gurmat.Meating eating and killing is alreadt a part of thier culture.There are good lot of things which Gurmat accept as per culture of native Indians,who are not beheld as Hindus even by upper caste.They aare our main target for conversion.

Mar 26, 2006
Very rightly said Vijaydeep Veerji...see...unless..we ..and if at all hindus will...we can have our choice on the table ..provided ..we want to...we cannot always carry a nausea and just ignore ...this helps in the promotion of halal...my point here..all those who have joined this discussion..can provide an input ..if they r thinking over it ..11 pages of this discussion was wasted over misunderstanding ..:inca:

Veers..this is not about my personal venture..i may or may not ..that all depends on the future circumstances..however if we become strict and are obvious about jhatka..just as they r about halal..then i think we can make it ...

the usual expression when discussing jhatka is " hey whats that:confused: " from hindus and sikhs alike ..

get some good inputs guys ..

Raaj Karega Khalsa

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
let's be clear of the objective of your question

is it a question to promote jhatka as practice?

is it a question how to create a market based on a religious concept?

is it an market opportunity & feasibility question?

I am still confused.

What aim needs to be achieved ?

list those out first.

as for Vijaydeep ji
<<In India Muslims want that all should eat Halal.>>
please spare us of the conspiracy theories. i am surprised that why you only end up meeting people who want to feed you halal by hook or crook.
:D

just curious....maybe bad luck ? :)

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Das refered to a debate in Indian Parliament where one Muslim member(das forgot the name) wanted that Halal be served in railways.While one who opped this was Mr S S Ahluwalia.An MP from Bihar.Railways decided to serve egg and fish only.

Das did meet a Muslim butcher in Ibrahimpatanam near Hyderbad,where he tried to kill animal by his own,while Hindu owner of the shop called das and das killed the animal by self. Das anyway never had much debate with Muslims on this ground as they avoided to talk on this issue with das.

They give plea that after blood is out then Animal is beeter to be eaten(while draining blood out is order of Yehove to Abraham in old Testment).We do loose iron what das says.In Nihungs we do drink the fresh blood of the newly killed animal.When das gets the snaps,he will paste them here.

As per Sikh Rahit Maryada this is not banned as yet.

Anway Amar Bhai,would you like to join some business ventrue of Jhataka???

Aug 9, 2007
SINGH SOORMEIN Chadde Shikaar, Makhi Gheri Wich Bazaar
Mari Nahi par Langdi Keeni, SINGH SOORMEIN bahduri Kinni

Killing defenceless animals is COWARDICE and not Bravery. Killing another human in a battle is a different psychology and mindset, to killing defenceless animals as they do not strike back. How can killing animals for practice as suggested by some scholars be taken as an alternative to whom you will be facing in a battleground. In the battlefield ones opponent is equally intelligent and equipped as the other. This thought is absurd as used by some ignorant scholars.

Such acts/thoughts constitute degradation of ones Consciousness. Mercilessness is a sure sign of demotion of life to the Vicious Animal Kingdom and a spiritually punishable act. It is well known that meat eating animals are merciless. They are under their Hukam to kill eat and sleep. According to gurbani …………. Feel free to join them. In the last moments of ones life when one dies with such a conscience/desire, he will take birth in the animal kingdom and be subjected to the same treatment. The choice is yours. Gurbani emphasizes this point time and again.
Killing is contrary to the teachings of Our Gurus. Raise your consciousness and awareness if you can.

Ritual Slaughter is forbidden as God needs not appeasing as the killer and being killed are one and the same. Ritual slaughter is forbidden by our Gurus, because such acts are undertaken in the pretence to appease God. Jhatka on the other hand and on the same lines is to appease oneself. How can one method of killing be acceptable and other not.

Islam flourished among the Nomads in the Middle East. Each tribe followed the rituals of their own tribe to kill animals. Islam, in order to unify the system under one umbrella devised this tactic and enforced their view that all killings will be done only in the name of Allah.

Hindus on the other hand were more conscious. The sacred text they recite implies to the fact that “O Lord we are fully aware of what we are doing and we take full responsibility for our actions. We stand fully accountable for our acts. In the future should this animal need our sacrifice we will willingly oblige”. This is an indication of a higher state of consciousness. Incidentally, Hindu way of sacrifice is Jhatka.

It appears that those illiterate nomads were either too smart or too dumb to follow their Prophet. In either case they were unified on one stance. Comparatively Sikhs of today are too dumb to understand their Gurus message. Guru tells them “Do not eat Halaal” as it is done to appease god. Instead of understanding Gurus reasoning they dig an alternative path. You kill to satisfy your own urges, it is your own Karmas. As you sow, so shall you reap is the message of our Gurus. Do not be misled. Do not let anyone fool you. Bear in mind that the promoters of such acts are themselves vegetarians and are digging a deep pit for others. They preach different to what they themselves practice. They are Demons is Disguise. They are your worst enemies.

Plants too have a life but carries a lesser punishment and is compensated by Naam Simran. The example of the sugarcane is to show the simple minded that even if you are as humble and sweet as a sugarcane in your actions and karmas, because you have not done Naam Simran. Like the sugarcane you will still be subjected to the fate similar to that of the sugarcane. Some simple minded scholars take the literal sense. Guru is emphasizing here the importance of Naam Simran and using the context of humbleness and sweetness of the sugarcane. Some ignorant due to their agyaanta use it to demonstrate the plight of the plant in comparison to killing of animals.

We are all humans and yet we are different. This is due to the level of our Consciousness. Those with elevated consciousness become Bhagats, Sadhus and Saints and leave this realm. Others will bounce up and down like a yoyo hopping up and down in lower lives and consciousness.

Bhagat Sadhna, who ran a family business of a butchery gave up his business in the pursuit of Naam. The effect of Naam Simran is such that Sadhna from being a Butcher, after being made to realise that his actions were incorrect he became a Bhagat and is honoured in SGGS. I wonder why Naam Simran has no effect on those so called Sikhs that seem to promote / mislead others into a ditch.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
SINGH SOORMEIN Chadde Shikaar, Makhi Gheri Wich Bazaar
Mari Nahi par Langdi Keeni, SINGH SOORMEIN bahduri Kinni

Killing defenceless animals is COWARDICE and not Bravery. Killing another human in a battle is a different psychology and mindset, to killing defenceless animals as they do not strike back. How can killing animals for practice as suggested by some scholars be taken as an alternative to whom you will be facing in a battleground. In the battlefield ones opponent is equally intelligent and equipped as the other. This thought is absurd as used by some ignorant scholars.

Such acts/thoughts constitute degradation of ones Consciousness. Mercilessness is a sure sign of demotion of life to the Vicious Animal Kingdom and a spiritually punishable act. It is well known that meat eating animals are merciless. They are under their Hukam to kill eat and sleep. According to gurbani …………. Feel free to join them. In the last moments of ones life when one dies with such a conscience/desire, he will take birth in the animal kingdom and be subjected to the same treatment. The choice is yours. Gurbani emphasizes this point time and again.
Killing is contrary to the teachings of Our Gurus. Raise your consciousness and awareness if you can.

Ritual Slaughter is forbidden as God needs not appeasing as the killer and being killed are one and the same. Ritual slaughter is forbidden by our Gurus, because such acts are undertaken in the pretence to appease God. Jhatka on the other hand and on the same lines is to appease oneself. How can one method of killing be acceptable and other not.

Islam flourished among the Nomads in the Middle East. Each tribe followed the rituals of their own tribe to kill animals. Islam, in order to unify the system under one umbrella devised this tactic and enforced their view that all killings will be done only in the name of Allah.

Hindus on the other hand were more conscious. The sacred text they recite implies to the fact that “O Lord we are fully aware of what we are doing and we take full responsibility for our actions. We stand fully accountable for our acts. In the future should this animal need our sacrifice we will willingly oblige”. This is an indication of a higher state of consciousness. Incidentally, Hindu way of sacrifice is Jhatka.

It appears that those illiterate nomads were either too smart or too dumb to follow their Prophet. In either case they were unified on one stance. Comparatively Sikhs of today are too dumb to understand their Gurus message. Guru tells them “Do not eat Halaal” as it is done to appease god. Instead of understanding Gurus reasoning they dig an alternative path. You kill to satisfy your own urges, it is your own Karmas. As you sow, so shall you reap is the message of our Gurus. Do not be misled. Do not let anyone fool you. Bear in mind that the promoters of such acts are themselves vegetarians and are digging a deep pit for others. They preach different to what they themselves practice. They are Demons is Disguise. They are your worst enemies.

Plants too have a life but carries a lesser punishment and is compensated by Naam Simran. The example of the sugarcane is to show the simple minded that even if you are as humble and sweet as a sugarcane in your actions and karmas, because you have not done Naam Simran. Like the sugarcane you will still be subjected to the fate similar to that of the sugarcane. Some simple minded scholars take the literal sense. Guru is emphasizing here the importance of Naam Simran and using the context of humbleness and sweetness of the sugarcane. Some ignorant due to their agyaanta use it to demonstrate the plight of the plant in comparison to killing of animals.

We are all humans and yet we are different. This is due to the level of our Consciousness. Those with elevated consciousness become Bhagats, Sadhus and Saints and leave this realm. Others will bounce up and down like a yoyo hopping up and down in lower lives and consciousness.

Bhagat Sadhna, who ran a family business of a butchery gave up his business in the pursuit of Naam. The effect of Naam Simran is such that Sadhna from being a Butcher, after being made to realise that his actions were incorrect he became a Bhagat and is honoured in SGGS. I wonder why Naam Simran has no effect on those so called Sikhs that seem to promote / mislead others into a ditch.

This thread is not whether to eat meat or not

here is a 43 page discussion on Meat issue with inputs from many people.If you have any arguement then put it in that discussion after reading the discussion

http://www.sikhism.us/essays-on-sikhism/8828-fools-who-wrangle-over-flesh.html

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<Anway Amar Bhai,would you like to join some business ventrue of Jhataka???>>

thank you vijaydeep ji

i work in more profitable business, monetary as well as spiritually :D

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM