• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Professor Dhunda: Intellectual Or Misleading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
There will be people on this earth that are so called 'enlightened' that are further up the spiritual path so to speak. Some of us will be blessed to meet these souls and they can help guide us also. Others will meet fake sants and be misled...but at that time of that persons journey they maybe needed to experience that and then understand why it may have happened to them.

Everything in the universe vibrates at certain frequencies including ourselves...the unstruck Sound Current that came from God to form the creation flows through the creation (some call it Naam). When we meditate on the Naam, we slowly but surely change our frequecy of existance and start to vibrate at similar requency to the universal current...and then we become one.... Like in Science when two sound waves at different frequencies can merge into one larger single sound current when they vibrate at the same frequency....same concept...

When you meditate, feel the sounds of the Mantra, and contemplate on its meanng with eyes closed and complete focus.
and do this regulary without missing a day (during work, when you lie down to sleep, amrit vela, any time you can) and you'll start to notice the changes, and how the changes in you also start to change the people around you.
Yogi Bhajan used to say that in this age, the Shabad Guru is the only SatGuru required...the technology behind the Sounds of the shabad....Believe in it, feel it, and live it.
An Enlightened Soul can sometimes speed the process...by answering your minds hundreds of wayward questions, but the end process is the same...meditating on the Sound current.

I am just talking from my own experiences...i am just a beginner on this journey and nothing else..

God bless all.

Aug 28, 2010
CHAZ SINGH Ji,

I am gratly impressed by your views.You are on the right path and I am sure you have either met or going to meet your SATi GuRu.
The Sati GuRu which I mention is not someone as person in Human Form.It s there in Gurbanee and this SATiGuRu will come and tell you ..Look..Here is your SatiGuRu and recognise .But the coming and meeting SatiGuRu is all predestined.
Even NAAMu will be given by this SATiGuRu only and I am sure this would be different what you may be thinking today.
Well very nice to see an excellent message thru you......May SatiguRu be with you.

Prakash.s.Bagga

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
It is true that one has to make the journey alone but from Gurbanee we learn that we do require a medium being refered as SATiGuRu to complete the journey.
There are very strong messages in SGGS for the requirement of SATiGuRu.
Without SATiGuRu it is not even possible to start the journey.
So find your OWN SATiGuRu first so that you always remain guided for your destination.

Prakash Singh Bagga
Bagga Ji

What kind of SATiGuRu is Gurbani talking about? Is SATiGuRu any physical entity?

Gurfateh!

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
CHAZ SINGH Ji,

I am gratly impressed by your views.You are on the right path and I am sure you have either met or going to meet your SATi GuRu.
The Sati GuRu which I mention is not someone as person in Human Form.It s there in Gurbanee and this SATiGuRu will come and tell you ..Look..Here is your SatiGuRu and recognise .But the coming and meeting SatiGuRu is all predestined.
Even NAAMu will be given by this SATiGuRu only and I am sure this would be different what you may be thinking today.
Well very nice to see an excellent message thru you......May SatiguRu be with you.

Prakash.s.Bagga

Satnaam Prakash Ji,

At the moment i do not know if i have met my satguru, but i feel like i am being nudged in the right direction...it something which i cannot describe in words...My views change the more i do Simran, its like an evolving meaning the more i change internally...Is this what they mean when they say Gurbani meaning is Infinite, the more you meditate on it, the deeper you go?

My Love for Guru Ji has always been there all my life, but it is only in past 6 months since experiencing some bad situations where where i became steadfast and focussed...At the time i complained why these bad things were happening to me (my mind trying to use its own thinking)...i couldnt understand...but now i understand the meaning of Dukh Daru Sukh Rog Bhaiya ...and now i feel the Duck was in fact a Suck...its really strange how it all happens..

Simran has changed everything...I used to just sit at the gurdwara and listen on and off to gurbani, now i sit and meditate with eyes closed in the gurdware for an hour every day after work...my mind meditates on Satnaam Waheguru, while Shabad Gurbani being read by giani Ji is swirling all around me...Its strange i don;t now look at the Book of Sri guru Granth sahib, its the sounds and feelings and sensations i feel all around me when i do simran and hear the shabad. Everything changes bit by bit...its so hard to explain...and it makes me want to do more and more Simran.

The challenges are there...a wife and her family that is not interested at all in Guru Ji, who constantly judges me, and tries to be-little what i do. But the love for guru Ji is too strong to be held down...this is how i have to do my bagti, i don't hate her, she keeps me in my toes and focussed on Satnaam Ji and i've learned valuable power of Forgiveness. Everything is a blessing no matter how bad it may seem at the time.

My current feeling is that Shabad Gurbani is My True Guru guiding me across the river, but that my True True Guru within (god) is providing the Pull, like its calling out to me from within...sometimes though when you keep ignoring the inner feeling, and the mind is focussed on the outside things, i do believe though that Guru Ji will use an enlightened soul to give you a little nudge so to speak :). And yes its all pre-determined what happends and in what way.

I am a no body, i don'y want anything but to be the person God intends me to be and not what my mind thinks i should be...

I'm sure as my Simran increases my understanding will change :)
Simran has changed my life so much and thats the only reason i come onto these sites to get more people doing it. :)

Aug 28, 2010
Bagga Ji

What kind of SATiGuRu is Gurbani talking about? Is SATiGuRu any physical entity?

Gurfateh!

AMAN SINGH Ji,
Nice to hear from you after such a long time.
If you are consideing physical entity as Human Form then my answer is .NO...
From Gurbanee we can learn SATiGuRu is one which is OMNIPRESENT/OMNIPOTENT and OMNISCIENT and is not FORMLESS.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
AMAN SINGH Ji,
Nice to hear from you after such a long time.
If you are consideing physical entity as Human Form then my answer is .NO...
From Gurbanee we can learn SATiGuRu is one which is OMNIPRESENT/OMNIPOTENT and OMNISCIENT and is not FORMLESS.
Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji how do you translate the word "Nirankar" as in the following,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<table><tbody><tr><td align="left">
[SIZE=-1]Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Gurmukhi-Gurmukhi Dictionary[/SIZE]</td></tr><tr><td align="left"> [SIZE=-0] (1) ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਕੋਈ ਅਕਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ, (ਭਾਵ) ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ। (2) ਅਕਾਰ ਰਹਿਤ। ਉਦਾਹਰਣ: ਉਸਤਤਿ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਕਰਿ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ॥ {ਗਉ ੫, ਸੁਖ ੧੪, ੨:੧ (281)}। ਆਪਿ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਆਕਾਰੁ ਹੈ ਆਪੇ ਆਪੇ ਕਰੈ ਸੁ ਥੀਆ॥ {ਬਿਹਾ ੪, ਵਾਰ ੭:੫ (551)}। ਤੂੰ ਸਦਾ ਸਲਾਮਤਿ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ॥ {ਜਪੁ ੧, ੧੬:੨੬ (3)}। ਤੋਟਿ ਨਾ ਆਵੈ ਜਪਿ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ॥ {ਆ [/SIZE] </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table><tbody><tr><td align="left">[SIZE=-1]Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Gurmukhi-English Dictionary[/SIZE]</td></tr><tr><td align="left"> [SIZE=-0] n. (from Sk. Nirākārā) Transcendent Lord, Formless Lord [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Gurmukhi-English Data provided by Harjinder Singh Gill, Santa Monica, CA, USA.[/SIZE] </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table><tbody><tr><td align="left">[SIZE=-1]English Translation[/SIZE]</td></tr><tr><td align="left"> [SIZE=-0] Without form, Almighty, God. [/SIZE] </td></tr></tbody></table>
<table><tbody><tr><td align="left">[SIZE=-1]Mahan Kosh Encyclopedia[/SIZE]</td></tr><tr><td align="left"> [SIZE=-0] ਦੇਖੋ, ਨਿਰਾਕਾਰ. "ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਆਕਾਰ ਆਪਿ". (ਸੁਖਮਨੀ)। (2) {ਸੰਗ੍ਯਾ}. ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ, ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਕੋਈ ਆਕਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ. "ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਕੈ ਦੇਸਿ ਜਾਹਿ". (ਸੋਰ ਮਃ ੧). [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
Mahan Kosh data provided by Bhai Baljinder Singh (RaraSahib Wale); See http://www.ik13.com[/SIZE]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your focus on "FORM" is mis-placed from what I can tell. The meaning is "FORMLESS". You say "and is not FORMLESS" implying FORM.

ਤੂ ਸਦਾ ਸਲਾਮਤਿ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ॥੧੬॥

तू सदा सलामति निरंकार ॥१६॥

Ŧū saḏā salāmaṯ nirankār. ||16||

You, Eternal and Formless One! ||16||

ਤੂੰ ਸਦੀਵ ਹੀ ਨਵਾਂ ਨਰੋਆਂ ਹੈ, ਹੇ ਸਰੂਪ-ਰਹਿਤ ਪੁਰਖ!

ਸਲਾਮਤਿ = ਥਿਰ, ਅਟੱਲ। ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ = ਹੇ ਹਰੀ!
ਹੇ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ! ਤੂੰ ਸਦਾ ਅਟੱਲ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈਂ ॥੧੬॥
http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=3&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=1&fb=0&k=1

Sat Sri Akal.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,
This I have discussed earlier too and we totally differ on this issue.I have nothing to say new.You may try to go more deeper to get to know.May be you may come with some new and more approriate meaning for the word NIANKAAR.
I may give you a bit of hint you may or may not consider.There is another similar word
NIRANJAN.
How you extract the meanings of both similar words NIRANJAN and NIRANKAR by applying the rule of disection of word as per grammar.

Anything which is FORMLESS can not be ACTIVE whereas our SATiGuRu is LIVING and ACTIVE so how such a entity can be FORMLESS .This is beyond understanding.
I may be wrong in understanding but my own understanding is that My SatiGuRu (for ALL also) is with own specific form. which is being refered as SATi SWAROOP in Gurbanee.

Now it is for you to understand what should be the meaning of the word SWAROOP..?

We can also understand all natural forces which are invisible ..Are they formless?
Is SUNLIGHT FORMLESS.....Is AIR FORMLESS......Even Is VACUUM FORMLESS?

I have put certain references as example only. You may not necessariry agree to this too.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I may give you a bit of hint you may or may not consider.There is another similar word
NIRANJAN.
How you extract the meanings of both similar words NIRANJAN and NIRANKAR by applying the rule of disection of word as per grammar.
Prakash.S.Bagga ji thanks for your post.

The syllable "NIR" clearly and unambiguously stands for the meaning "without".

For example the mool mantar as,

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

ArQ:- Akwl purK ie`k hY, ijs dw nwm 'hoNd vwlw' hY jo isRStI dw rcnhwr hY, jo sB ivc ivAwpk hY, BY qoN rihq hY, vYr-rihq hY, ijs dw srUp kwl qoN pry hY, (Bwv, ijs dw srIr nws-rihq hY), jo jUnW ivc nhIN AwauNdw, ijs dw pRkwS Awpxy Awp qoN hoieAw hY Aqy jo siqgurU dI ikrpw nwl imldw hY[

God/creator is one and is known as the eternal being, is the creator of all, present everywhere, without fear, without animosity, is timeless, is not guided by life cycles, is a self creation and is realized through its own (God/creator) blessing.
The other syllable can then be studied.

Sorry veer I don't need hints. You either provide the information or you don't. How I work is I share what I know! You may want to work through hints, your choice.

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,
I wanted you to to extract the meanings of the two words NIRANJAN and NIRANKAR,which you have not done.
This disection is certainly going to reveal the factual meaning of the word NIANKAR.
I feel you are avoiding this.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,
I wanted you to to extract the meanings of the two words NIRANJAN and NIRANKAR,which you have not done.
This disection is certainly going to reveal the factual meaning of the word NIANKAR.
I feel you are avoiding this.
Prakash.S.Bagga
Why should I follow your orders! I avoid nothing. I listed the basis of my understanding two posts earlier.

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/hard-...-intellectual-or-misleading-3.html#post161012

I agree with the meaning in my above post.

If you know something, write it down and post or you are too shy!:sippingcoffeemunda: Don't riddle me as this is nonsensical approach, at least the way I feel and see it.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
Why should I follow your orders! I avoid nothing. I listed the basis of my understanding two posts earlier.

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/hard-...-intellectual-or-misleading-3.html#post161012

I agree with the meaning in my above post.

If you know something, write it down and post or you are too shy!:sippingcoffeemunda: Don't riddle me as this is nonsensical approach, at least the way I feel and see it.

Sat Sri Akal.

SORRY ,AMBARSARIA Ji ,I cant share more than this.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
That is fine. If I may suggest you don't keep asking others to do while you are not willing to share where presumably you know what to say or post but don't want to say or post.

Sat Sri Akal.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Prakashji,

I have lost count of the many times you have got me all excited and then proceeded to leave out the punch line..

A lot of what you say has great potential if only you would stop writing like a crime thriller writer, I appreciate the suspense, but if you could start being a bit less mystical and a bit more helpful, we could all learn something

peacesign

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Does anyone on the forum believe in things like the Third eye or Dassam Duar?

A simple answer to a simple question.
Yes, I do.
I may be crazy or just another lost soul. But since I have had beliefs in the above- I actually understand bani alot better, including most importantly with what Guru Nanak was actually talking about -BUT....
We must REMEMBER, on a personal level WE ALL TRANSLATE bani or a hukamnaama into the perspective it fits into our OWN lives.
Which is why a hukamnaama is always pleasing to every single soul, but can be intepreted in a different context.**NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT***

I am currently learning and practicing meditation and so far there have been pure positives, nothing negative or downfalls at all.

Sat Kartar
Lucky Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Paraksh singh ji..the Satigur is within...the base standard seated deep inside each of us to judge our daily karams and joons and see how we measure up..the Lessons are written down in SGGS..we study..we think and we FOLLOW and adapt our Lives..and we KNOW via the Satigur standard within whether we passed..merit..or failed and hence what joon we are in for the moment...the Kutteh bhaunking are WITHIN...the lobh is within..and when we give in..we are in kuttah joon..and we have the ABILITY to GET OUT of that JOON as soon as we realise we are what we are..and the SGGS is there 24/7 to INSTRUCT US.

Just too many
human FAKE Satgurus" assume they are the REAL STUFF and want us to "CLOSE THE BOOK "..and Just KISS their AXXES"..for Salvation....for how to kiss AXXX see the Photo in Rozana spokesman where the Road leading to Sacha sauda Dera full of HUGE POTHOLE full of FILTHY WATER..and "satigur's sngat" waiting for saadh to walk through the water to purify it for them to drink....Those types of "satigurus" are FILTH.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The Third Eye and dasam duar are....PERSONAL experiences..akin to what Gurbani calls Goongeh mathiyaee khayee..a dumb and deaf eating something so tasty..but unable to say so...in this case I too am dumb and deaf........so cant say any more......but it should answer the question asked.....and another thing..it doesnt need one to be an intellectual/academic of high standing..professor or Gyani..to have those experiences..any one is eligible...

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
The following as a thank you to Gyani veer ji for his so many contributions and helpful posts (sorry off-topic and not all about Sikhi),<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">
Hindko Mahiyeh with Doctor and Shada - YouTube

</object>Shada lala Hindko, Arman tha lagdaei, latest from Jalalia. - YouTube

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rkfei-Y9Oco?feature=player_embedded" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OoXCrCR3FXw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s3sJ2YILiCA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s3sJ2YILiCA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
Prakashji,

I have lost count of the many times you have got me all excited and then proceeded to leave out the punch line..

A lot of what you say has great potential if only you would stop writing like a crime thriller writer, I appreciate the suspense, but if you could start being a bit less mystical and a bit more helpful, we could all learn something

peacesign

There is nothing I can be mystic about.There are certain things which are as clear as nose on any ones mouth.Only thing is I dislike some style which stops me automatically.
You are quite familiar with earlier happenings and I dont want to get that repeated again.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
There is nothing I can be mystic about.There are certain things which are as clear as nose on any ones mouth.Only thing is I dislike some style which stops me automatically.
You are quite familiar with earlier happenings and I dont want to get that repeated again.
Prakash.s.Bagga
Veer prakash.s.bagga ji if I did not post and the way I posted (style) you will share!:sippingcoffeemunda:

Please put me on ignore list and do a service and be helpful to the rest. Nothing will be of happiness to me. I do have respect of a different kind for you in that that you have great analytical mind as well as great presence of keen observation. These can produce wonderful results.

Sat Sri Akal.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Ambarsariah Ji..
Many thanks for the Shada lala videos...much appreciated jios.
Whenever i watch such i always think about my late dad Gyani darbara Singh daler whose deep knowledge of urdu, f{censored}e, brij bhasha hindi Sindhi, baloch, Pushto dilaects the Rawalpindi type of Punjabi etc etc.. etc and musical background leading to almost instant Kavita and shairee flowing from his pen the moment he heard any new geet song etc...and back in the 60s this was very rarely seen...one had to buy cassete tapes and those also only those made available by shopkeepers/music shops..no choice really....very limited choices...unlike now when we have the world at our fingertips in excellent quality...he would have really enjoyed these...compared to my severely limited urdu and almost no f{censored}e..and of course simple brij only.. Apart from this he knew the sggs by heart and had the faridkotee teeka memorised..along with a host of books on gurbani shairee kavits panth parkash etc etc...a walking encyclopaedia...THANK YOU JI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM