• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Prem Sumarag - Have You Read It?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
It looks like you are interested in separating miri from piri. The two are indistinguishable since the time of Guru Nanak. The political sphere cannot be abandoned by any Sikh with a true appreciation of the Guru Granth Sahib. I don't care much for the Dasam Granth and I don't know how you formed the impression that this thread is about it.
Veer ji let us note couple of things,

1. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is complete and nothing external other than understanding of contexts of the times and languages are needed to understand.

2. I am nobody to separate anything, let alone Miri-Piri. I accept SRM from SGPC and it has all that one needs to do to be a full Sikh.

• Note: It needs to be recognized that Bhai Randhir Singh ji were party to the framing and accepted release of Sikh Reht Maryada (SRM). Since he researched Prem Sumarag, he would have adequately provided the necessary information as reviewed for or embedded in SRM.

3. Rest is studying additional and not to replace or amend 1 or 2 above.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: I read the reference in few posts back that you mentioned. It debates dates of the article/document origination, mentions Bachittar Natak, etc., mentions Jaap Sahib (I understand it is in SRM too), it mention AKJ. So my comments were based on your reference.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: