Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Prayer for protection/overcoming enemies and truth?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by bilee, May 22, 2011.

1. bilee

bilee
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Hi there i hope someone can give me a prayer from the guru granth sahib that will protect me from negative people who wish me harm.

I dont want to make an issue of this or go into details but some of my family members consistently use manipulation and tells lies about me. It is beyond the stage of reasoning with them as they continue to ruin my reputation and bully me with lies etc.

I just want a deal with this with a prayer, i want truth and justice to come out, as this is something that i feel strongly about.

Has anyone dealt with this experience and which prayers did you turn to? Better still did you see the results of the prayers? I have faith.

Thanks

B

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Humility, Equality, Human-rights. What Donald Trump Could Learn From Sikh Prayer Hard Talk Jul 25, 2016
    Sikh News California Lawyer To Deliver Sikh Prayer At GOP Convention Breaking News Jul 20, 2016
    General Airport Prayer Rooms Blogs Jan 27, 2016
    God has listened to my prayers Sikh Youth Aug 9, 2015
    "Prayers" Do they really change Things ?and for what shall we Pray? Questions and Answers Nov 8, 2013

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

bilee ji

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji consists of hymns that bring us closer to the Eternal Sat. It provides a blueprint for finding our own divine identity within our own being. From thence we are protected because the more our consciousness is filled with awareness of divine presence the more "protected" we are from the slights and arrows of the world reality. My answer to you is ALL of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is what you ask for.

Unlike many other religions we do not pray to something outside of us for protection. We find that protection within us through simran and seva.

There are unprincipled people out there who will give you a shabad ad say "this is the key." So don't listen to them. You will pay many times over for their lack of truthfullness. Even listening/reciting japji each day will give you the serenity you seek.

• Like Like x 4
  4. bilee

bilee
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Oh i see, I guess i needed to look at it more from that context, i understand this better now thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter