Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Pray for peace

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by namjiwankaur, Nov 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. namjiwankaur

namjiwankaur
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

Sat Nam _/|\_

I ask that all make at least one prayer for peace in the world today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Cz1RJXbpM&feature=colike

Peace before me.
    Peace behind me.
    Peace above me.
    Peace below me.
    Peace to my right.
    Peace to my left.
    Peace to my heart.
    Peace to all hearts.
    Peace to the world.
    Peace to the universe.
    Peace.
    Peace.
    Peace.

Maybe we can make a thread dedicated to peace here?
    mundahug peacesignkaur

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    General Pray for peace in Gaza Hard Talk Jul 25, 2014
    Christianity Pope Francis prays for world peace in Easter Sunday message Interfaith Dialogues Apr 1, 2013
    Christianity 25th Assisi World Day Of Prayer For Peace: Joys, Blessings And Hopes Interfaith Dialogues Nov 4, 2011
    Sikh Prayer That Longs For a World at Peace Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Feb 14, 2010
    Prayers Of Peace Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Feb 1, 2008

3. Archived_member15

Archived_member15
    Expand Collapse

Amen mundahug

I think especially of the raging civil war in Syria which has cost so many innocent human lives and seems to be relentless in its surge. I cast my mind to the people of Israel and Gaza, who have lost loved ones and are fearing for their safety on account of the recent armed conflict in that fraught region of the earth, in which Hamas has fired rockets into Israeli territory and that nation has responded with a series of air raids. I also send my spirit out to consider those suffering in the Congo due to conflict and in innumerable other wars across the planet. May the day come when the dove of peace will alight within the hearts of men and cruelty towards one's brothers and sisters will be no more.

Let us pray also for the minds of human beings, for all those who cannot find peace within themselves and in their lives due to afflictive emotions, depression, hardship, unemployment, bereveament and countless other personal problems. For we all know that every human war stems ultimately from the wars that first rage within the minds of people and that until we have attained psychological peace on the basic level, and in our everyday relations with our friends, family members and work colleagues, we cannot hope to realize peace between the nations based upon that fraternal bond of unity which ties the fates of all mankind together and makes us as One Body, One Spirit, One Soul, One common Essence despite our diversity of races, religions and cultures.

I hold dear to my heart the vision of the Catholic mystic Venerable Bartholomew Holzhauser, who perceived that one day a new mankind would come into existence and all fruitless wars would pass away:

4. Archived_member15

Archived_member15
    Expand Collapse

I offer likewise the words of a great modern mystic and visionary to come from my religious tradition on a future of peace for the human race:

#3 Archived_member15, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012