• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Pray For Peace In Gaza

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
IMHO..its not so simple..how to go about collating whats bad in Islam with what Israel is doing to be right...no it doesnt jive at all...and its not so much that Islam is abd..its the Muslims that are BAD....its these Bad Mulsims who rain rockets on Israel (claiming they are hand made..weak..blah blah..and cant do much damage..and Israel ahs its Iron Dome anyway..blah blah blah..Islam doesnt force them to throw rockets..its their own decision....and Sins of the fathers rain down on their children...and thats so as its been written in their Holy books !!!

I wonder how many sympathized with the 5year old Fateh Singh standing in the wall being bricked up alive..how many shed a tear when they saw Guru Teg Bahadur ji being publicly beheaded in Chandnnee Chowk ??

WE SIKHS CELEBRATE Fatehgarrh sahib SAKA SIRHIND...we dont tear our hearts out....SIKHS LOST everything..even their kacheras in 1947..they were REFUGEES for less than 6 months..and then LIFE WENT ON..the Palestinians have been PROFESSIONAL REFUGEES for 65 years...many are THIRD GENERATION REFUGEES..have received and swallowed billions USD in AID since 1947..they have hijacked planes,..they have produced suicide bombers..they began the forest fire that is now sweeping the Middle east...its UNWAVERING HATRED OF ISRAEL...thats feulling this hatred..and bloodshed...they will continue until Israel is Wiped OFF the map..no matetr how many tears we shed ...these kids are just collaterla damage..a fodder for their cannons and rockets...IF they CARED..they would STOP raiinng rockets and inviting Bombs...PEACE in GAZA is an INTERNAL EQUATION...BOTH have to play the game..

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The essence of ardaas is lost and I agree with your points and gurdwaras these days selling bani and doing ardaas for their kids tests etc... is plain pointless and when my gurdwara had the head ragi from Amritsar he actually told sangat that he will not say names of such and such for such reasons because it was wrong according to Amritsar maryada.......

Bhai Randhir Ji wrote a whole book on ardaas and the right way to do it and not overdo it.. if I do ever get a chance I might see what he wrote about it....

You should ahve asked that same Head Granthi about the Paid Paaths that go ON and ON in small cubicles around the Harmandar sahib Complex...is THAT according to what he called Amrtisar Maryada ?? Are all here aware that such Paid Paaths IN ABSENTIA..are BOOKED for a DECADE in advance..the waiting period is about 15 YEARS...if you book a paath today..July 26th 2014...its BHOG will be on July 26th...2030 earliest...thats how long the waiting list is..of course if you BRIBE a SGPC sevadaar ( maybe that same Head Granthi shaib..) a good sum..he can magically ADVANCE the dates and send you EMAIL Hukmanmah etc...!!!

The Daily Ardass at harmandar sahib doesnt have any names..and also there are no Anand Karajs or Bhogs of individuals..so YES the Head Granthi was simply stating what HE DOES over there..he didnt provide an asnwer as to why recite lists of DEMANDS and amounts and names to someone we claim as KNOWS ALL...bin bolliahn saabh kicchh jaanda !!!

And when the Head Granthi or Jathedar comes again..ask him..if its TRUE that the ragis there take special pains to choose special Shabads when People like badal sukhbir harsimrat Visit Darbar sahib ?? That the Head Granthis STAND UP in respect...that they even BLACK OUT the LIVE TV Broadcast when ever OPPOSITION leaders visit or matha tek ??? Or that Specially chosen Hukmanamhs are read when the badals etc visit...?? ALL that is AMRITSAR Maryada ?? Ha Ha Ha...YES it is. HYPOCRACY of EVEREST HEIGHT JI....thats Maryada in Amrtisar...

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
AoG ji thanks for your post.
It was seeing the images of the wounded children (some of them were young infants) that got to me, and thus prompted my original post.

I know it's not an ideal world and that injustice happens every day, but just seeing those images tore my heart. I was asking Vaheguru to have mercy on those souls and save them from such pain.

AoG
Inspite of posting here, AoG ji I don't think there are too many who do not feel empathy, compassion and utter disgust about the perpetrators of violence on the vulnerable, the elderly, the innocent, the children. One disregards politics and religion in such a state. However as we know, humans have resources to do good and capability to do bad and at times very bad as in Gaza. Ardas does serve a purpose that internally it gives us some peace to cope with the helplessness and anger or disgust that we feel. Would it affect at a practical level a child injured and dying in a hospital, probably not; unless and until one does something practical or functional that will directly impact the care and possible cure for a child like that. Why don't we all create a refuge or care centre for the injured or dying in such situation in a way similar to the red cross. There are many billionaires in the world and it simply gets tangled with politics and perverse logic. Don't be shocked either if some communities would not allow such outside humanitarian gestures as they want to hide behind such people to protect themselves or do mischief.

A very simple and most likely totally unacceptable to most leaders in conflicts would be that we revise the protocols of conflict. Instead of it being fought by the foot soldiers let it start with Netanyahu fighting it out with the Hezbollah leader. Let it trickle down and soon you will see less wars or conflicts. Is it practical and going to be accepted? Absolutely not as the leaders will never find the time to do that from their posh living and comforts. We all know the leadership of Hezbollah does not live in tent city. They have mansions, guards and servants just like the Israeli leadership.

Don't feel bad that somehow we are not empathetic to the tragedies in Gaza as we all are much disturbed to watch all that. May some common sense and compassion prevail in such tragedies

Sat Sri Akal.

PS:

The haunting photo of a vulture stalking an emaciated Sudanese girl who'd collapsed on her way to a feeding station won photographer Kevin Carter a Pulitzer Prize in 1994. Carter also become notorious for sticking to the journalistic principle of being an observer and not getting involved -- he left after taking his photo and neither he, nor the New York Times, which first published the photo on 26 March 1993, knew what happened to her. (Looking at the photo, it's hard to imagine a pleasant ending.) A few months later after collecting his Pulitzer, Carter committed suicide, the violence he'd encountered in his life as a journalist, especially in South Africa, becoming too much to live with.

Last edited:

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
"Inspite of posting here, AoG ji I don't think there are too many who do not feel empathy, compassion and utter disgust about the perpetrators of violence on the vulnerable, the elderly, the innocent, the children."
I don't know if the sangat ever hears C-Span or reads comments on the news; perhaps we would be dismayed. There are countless heartless comments about "kill 'em all" "let the rats kill each other; I hope they all die", "they should bomb Gaza from end to end..." type sentiments.
As to your proposal that there ought to be more "Khalsa Aid" type work, if millionaires put their money to use, I absolutely agree but remember, this is an odd world. Americans spend $55 billion a year on their pets; this kind of money for poor children would make such a difference. Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru:purple-pargi:

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
There is a famine of Truth; falsehood prevails, and the blackness of the Dark Age of Kali Yuga has turned men into demons.
- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji

I pray through all this carnage, truth find it's way into the hearts of all involved, and all who gaze upon such horrors...truth shall prevail...waheguru
... Lets continue to change for the better, inspiring each other...truthful minds living in truth have the creative power to make all the required changes in the world :)

Falsehood will come to an end, O Nanak, and Truth will prevail in the end.
- Sri Guru Nanak Dev JI

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: