• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Pray For Peace In Gaza

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
Please pray for peace in Gaza. There is a holocaust going on right now in Gaza, children are being killed, and hospitals being bombed. And the international community is doing nothing. This is wrong and it must stop. Sikhs know what this feels like, we went through it in 1984.

It is so sad and painful to see children suffering in this way. May Vaheguru have mercy.

AoG

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
PRAY FOR PEACE...IN SYRIA (MILLIONS DISPLACED...HUNDREDS KILLED..THOUSANDS WOUNDED...AND MILLION MADE HOMELESS AND DESTITUTE), Iraq (MILLIONS DISPLACED...HUNDREDS KILLED..THOUSANDS WOUNDED...AND MILLION MADE HOMELESS AND DESTITUTE), lEBANON, sOMALIA/aFRICAN nORTH (MILLIONS DISPLACED...HUNDREDS KILLED..THOUSANDS WOUNDED...AND MILLION MADE HOMELESS AND DESTITUTE), South Thailand (mulsim Insurgency for separate rule), South Philippines (muslim insurgency for separate state), Pakistan ( again millions being driven from their homes), Afghanistan, Iran, Yemen, etc etc etc....

The 1 Billion populated, 43 Arab Govts, Their supporters like Pakistan, malaysia, India etc are TOTALLY and Shamelessly SILENT on ALL the above and make NOISE only about GAZA becasue the opposition there is ISRAEL !!! Arent the other dead and wounded and homeless any LESS HUMAN than the Gaza peoples ??

What is the MAJBOOREE of SIKHS..that we have to also follow the BLIND and CLOSE our EYEs like the Gandharee wife of Kaurva King who dispossesed the pandvas...ALL the Learned Ones in that Sabha closed their EYES and watched silently too....SIKHS have no place taking sides in this...

PRAY FOR WORLD PEACE....NO EXCEPTION. BTW..i doubt if a single Gazan has even heard of the Sikhs or 1984...and In the case of 1947..they all will 100% Stand with Pakistan against the SIKH Refugee status !!!

SARBATT DA BHALLA and Israelis are also included !!!

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Guru FAteh to all,

Please help me understand one thing.

1.Where is the Arab/Muslim world?
2.Why is this world silent?
3.Why have the Palestinians become " Professional Refugees" in the Arab/Muslim countries?
5.Why is there no hue or cry from the Muslim world when the atrocities are committed by the Muslims, in this case by Boko Haram as Gyani ji said?

In conclusion, this conflict which has come to its breaking point could have been easily avoided if the lovers of the same ALLAH would have lent their hand to their brethren in need. Even their scripture, the Koran urges them to do the same.

My thoughts above do not for a moment take the culpability away from Israel who has created a kind of Apartheid in that part of the world. The true victims here are the innocent Palestinians at large who are caught in the middle for no fault of their own but the blame also rests on Hamas for many reasons.

Tejwant Singh

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
Guru FAteh to all,

Please help me understand one thing.

1.Where is the Arab/Muslim world? Sleeping. The whole world cares by typing and talking about it in their cozy houses but when it comes to actually doing something what can we do at the most...protests aren't making a change happen. With 1 Billion muslims and millions of radical muslims all over the world why aren't they being targeted by Moderate muslims..why are they?
2.Why is this world silent? World is silent until something affects their own little lives that how it as always been. Slavery was a norm back then and no one picked up weapons and fought against it. Using this example to show how people don't mind whats going on the other side of the world as long as they are living their own life.
3.Why have the Palestinians become " Professional Refugees" in the Arab/ countries? Don't know but Palestinians for long have been refugees in Arab countries. Palestinians in Gaza want land supposely and Hamas too. With more rockets firing at them will fuel the hate for Israel.
4.Why has no land and citizenship given to them by their Muslim brethren in these very countries where they have large swaths of land and the oil rich countries can easily pay for the construction of whatever is needed for them to stand on their own feet? Its all a political game over there in Middle East.
5.Why is there no hue or cry from the Muslim world when the atrocities are committed by the Muslims, in this case by Boko Haram as Gyani ji said?
Muslims don't wanna bash other Muslims for their doings because in the end they are Muslims. Supposely moderate Muslims are protesting against ISIS and Boko Haram and say they don't represent Islam but in the end thats all they can say. Moderate Muslims in Syria are wanting democracy and are fighting against ISIS and Assad. In the end who knows if they joined ISIS by now.

In conclusion, this conflict which has come to its breaking point could have been easily avoided if the lovers of the same ALLAH would have lent their hand to their brethren in need. Even their scripture, the Koran urges them to do the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmloS5aiNAg

At 8:15 it summaries those Muslim extremists.

My thoughts above do not for a moment take the culpability away from Israel who has created a kind of Apartheid in that part of the world. The true victims here are the innocent Palestinians at large who are caught in the middle for no fault of their own but the blame also rests on Hamas for many reasons.

Tejwant Singh

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Please pray for peace in Gaza. There is a holocaust going on right now in Gaza, children are being killed, and hospitals being bombed. And the international community is doing nothing. This is wrong and it must stop. Sikhs know what this feels like, we went through it in 1984.

It is so sad and painful to see children suffering in this way. May Vaheguru have mercy.

AoG
Praying in Sikhi does not get you much, actions do! Praying is such a mis-leading application most of the times. A true prayer for me is a personal one. Praying is when one addresses oneself to rise to action or in a thankful mode explain to self how a good happened way beyond one's understanding. Conversely all bad is lack of action or lack of understanding why so in spite of what one understands! At least that is what prayer means to me.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: I personally find it disgusting that the rulers of Gaza claim to be achieving something by shooting fireworks and getting innocents killed in return! What stupid leadership!

Islam surrounds Israel. They can achieve so much more through love than war. At least that is what I think.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

AoG

ActsofGodji

I found this quite an odd post, as Ambarsariaji said, prayer does not really get you anywhere, and it probably is not going to get peace in Gaza.Of course it is sad and painful to see anyone suffering this way, but pain and suffering surround all of us, within a 10 mile radius of my shop, someone is suffering, someone is in pain, someone is dying, in a hospice somewhere, an old man is breathing his painful last as his cancer finishes him off, he will die an agonising and painful death.

What can we do? maybe write some interesting tagline on a piece of cardboard and have our photo taken? setup a 24 hour prayer session?

In my view, all we can do is eradicate pain and suffering when we come across it, in our local area, anything else, in my view, is just ego....

If you are asking Vaheguru for mercy, you are intimating Vaheguru has a hand in this, caused it, or refused to stop it, none of these, in my opinion, are true, this has nothing to do with Vaheguru, again in my opinion.

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
Praying in Sikhi does not get you much, actions do! Praying is such a mis-leading application most of the times. A true prayer for me is a personal one. Praying is when one addresses oneself to rise to action or in a thankful mode explain to self how a good happened way beyond one's understanding. Conversely all bad is lack of action or lack of understanding why so in spite of what one understands! At least that is what prayer means to me.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: I personally find it disgusting that the rulers of Gaza claim to be achieving something by shooting fireworks and getting innocents killed in return! What stupid leadership!

Islam surrounds Israel. They can achieve so much more through love than war. At least that is what I think.

Praying in Sikhi doesn't get you much? When Sikhs do ardaas they never get what they pray for?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Praying in Sikhi doesn't get you much? When Sikhs do ardaas they never get what they pray for?

He is right you know! Sikhs always get what they pray for in the Ardass, you only have to look at any Sikh Gurdwara car park, although there is always one who did not pay enough and ends up with a E class Mercedes rather than the S class!

The last time I went to Gurdwara which was some years ago, I do remember the contents of the last Ardass, namely,

Minty to pass his driving test
Some family to be blessed for buying a factory
Minty to hopefully get married
Sunny to pass his masters degree in business studies
Minty again (clearly a problem child) to win the lottery

etc etc etc

Actually, thinking about it, I am clearly doing this all wrong, I have been sat here in the hot shop since 5.35 am, now I am going to have to go home and walk the dogs before it gets even hotter, and then I will spend the rest of the day here in a shop full of computers at the height of summer so I can pay my rent, run the cars, feed the dogs, support my stepson, etc, when all along, all I have to do is just get my name in an Ardass! S Class here I come!

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
He is right you know! Sikhs always get what they pray for in the Ardass, you only have to look at any Sikh Gurdwara car park, although there is always one who did not pay enough and ends up with a E class Mercedes rather than the S class!

The last time I went to Gurdwara which was some years ago, I do remember the contents of the last Ardass, namely,

etc etc etc

Actually, thinking about it, I am clearly doing this all wrong, I have been sat here in the hot shop since 5.35 am, now I am going to have to go home and walk the dogs before it gets even hotter, and then I will spend the rest of the day here in a shop full of computers at the height of summer so I can pay my rent, run the cars, feed the dogs, support my stepson, etc, when all along, all I have to do is just get my name in an Ardass! S Class here I come!

Not everyone gets their ardaas answered but it does happen though like Baba Deep Singh for example.. But when granthis do it in front of GGSS because they get money for it to say people's names its selling bani and your gonna get no results doing that way. Not all prayers get answered.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Not everyone gets their ardaas answered but it does happen though like Baba Deep Singh for example.. But when granthis do it in front of GGSS because they get money for it to say people's names its selling bani and your gonna get no results doing that way. Not all prayers get answered.

Pray do tell what happened to Baba Deep Singhji?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Ardasses never helped anyone...becos we are doing it all WRONG.....The Real Ardass is Tu Thakur tum peh ARDASS...and continue till Nanak and END there..that Ardass will help you Become a BETTER PERSON. But we do ardass to force God to cure our sons drug addiction.. to STOP our daughters running away with a "low caste/poor/non-sikh/whatever...to cure our back pain..cancer..diabetes..to win a lottery, pass exams, get only SONS...etc etc etc ALL EGO CENTRIC BEGGING and BRIBING and CORRUPTION. PERIOD.

Sikhs have been ardassing for past 65 years about the Gurdwaras in Pakistan...during that period we LOST those in INDIA as well...and now the Kaum is going to CIVIL WAR over those in haryana !! KROR Akhand paths, BILLION akhand Jaaps, Chaupaiis sukhmanis etc etc etc have been doen and PAID FOR....is our Kaum any BETTER ??

Forget that nonsense..Do ARDASS to ask Help to be a BETTER SIKH..imbibe more GURUMATT..help to leave MANMATT...thats some good !!!

And IF you are Joining the 1 Billion hypocrites in "praying" for Gaza then i suggest you PRAY for these Millions of Innocent FEMALES who are going to go through HELL..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/24/isis-women-girls-fgm-mosul-un

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

etc etc etc

Harry ji,

Guru Fateh.

I think you meant Pay for Ardaas if I am not mistaken.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Ardasses never helped anyone...becos we are doing it all WRONG.....The Real Ardass is Tu Thakur tum peh ARDASS...and continue till Nanak and END there..that Ardass will help you Become a BETTER PERSON. But we do ardass to force God to cure our sons drug addiction.. to STOP our daughters running away with a "low caste/poor/non-sikh/whatever...to cure our back pain..cancer..diabetes..to win a lottery, pass exams, get only SONS...etc etc etc ALL EGO CENTRIC BEGGING and BRIBING and CORRUPTION. PERIOD.

Sikhs have been ardassing for past 65 years about the Gurdwaras in Pakistan...during that period we LOST those in INDIA as well...and now the Kaum is going to CIVIL WAR over those in haryana !! KROR Akhand paths, BILLION akhand Jaaps, Chaupaiis sukhmanis etc etc etc have been doen and PAID FOR....is our Kaum any BETTER ??

Forget that nonsense..Do ARDASS to ask Help to be a BETTER SIKH..imbibe more GURUMATT..help to leave MANMATT...thats some good !!!

And IF you are Joining the 1 Billion hypocrites in "praying" for Gaza then i suggest you PRAY for these Millions of Innocent FEMALES who are going to go through HELL..

Gyani ji,

Guru Fateh

You have hit the nail on the head as usual. In fact we have discussed this matter many times here and as you know there are many threads regarding Ardaas on SPN. People who are interested should check them out.

Ardaas has become one more parroting ritual rather than a self reflection by the individual, sad to say.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013

The essence of ardaas is lost and I agree with your points and gurdwaras these days selling bani and doing ardaas for their kids tests etc... is plain pointless and when my gurdwara had the head ragi from Amritsar he actually told sangat that he will not say names of such and such for such reasons because it was wrong according to Amritsar maryada.......

Bhai Randhir Ji wrote a whole book on ardaas and the right way to do it and not overdo it.. if I do ever get a chance I might see what he wrote about it....

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Sat Sri Akaal,

This topic has triggered much sentiments about how bad Islam is. I am no fan of Islam; to conflate that with support for Israel, though, is truly misguided. Whatever we may feel regarding the crimes of muslims in general, we have to be firstly saintly in dealing with the human struggle that is being played out in Palestine. Let us not forget the children who have no opinions about Muhammad, but are paying the price for the folly of the 'adults'. These poor creatures already live a terribly tough life under the boot of Israel, and now have to bear the wrath of merciless bombings. Let us have compassion.

Attachments

• Palestiniangirl.jpg
    Palestiniangirl.jpg
    27.7 KB · Reads: 284
Last edited:

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
It was seeing the images of the wounded children (some of them were young infants) that got to me, and thus prompted my original post.

I know it's not an ideal world and that injustice happens every day, but just seeing those images tore my heart. I was asking Vaheguru to have mercy on those souls and save them from such pain.

AoG

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM