• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Post From A Different Forum On Tat Khalsa/Sanatan Sikhism

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Regarding Amrit from milk ocean:

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਾਚਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੈ ਕਹਣਾ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥
The True Name is the Ambrosial Nectar; no one can describe it.

ਪੀਵਤ ਹੂ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ਭਇਆ ਪੂਰੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੨॥
Drinking it in, one becomes honorable, absorbed in the Perfect Word of the Shabad.

As well as:

ਮਾਝ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Maajh, Fifth Mehl:

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਬਾਣੀ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਤੇਰੀ ॥
The Word of Your Bani, Lord, is Ambrosial Nectar.

ਸੁਣਿ ਸੁਣਿ ਹੋਵੈ ਪਰਮ ਗਤਿ ਮੇਰੀ ॥
Hearing it again and again, I am elevated to the supreme heights.

ਜਲਨਿ ਬੁਝੀ ਸੀਤਲੁ ਹੋਇ ਮਨੂਆ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਪਾਏ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
The burning within me has been extinguished, and my mind has been cooled and soothed, by the Blessed Vision of the True Guru.

Also:

ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ
The nine treasures are in the Ambrosial Name of God.

ਦੇਹੀ ਮਹਿ ਇਸ ਕਾ ਬਿਸ੍ਰਾਮੁ
Within the human body is its place of rest.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
"Amrit" has roots in Churning the oceans...ha ha
Well the MISCONCEPTION actually arises becasue SIKHS themselves (probabaly snatanists/hindu based )...MISINTERPRET and MISNAME whats a PAHUL CEREMONY..PEEVOH PAHUL KHANDEY DHAAR...a ceremony of INITIATION...into "Amrit"....when the GURU CLEARLY and so transparently declares..Nanak AMRIT EK HAI..HOR AMRIT NAHEN...OH Nanak..there is ONLY ONE "AMRIT"...and NO OTHER..and this AMRIT is the AMRIT IN GURBANI.....

So how do we now LINK the Churning oceans with the Himalaya Mountains with SGGS/GURBANI/GURMATT ?? Were the Vedas also emerging form the Ocean...so we cna then say the SGGS also came out of ??? TRUTH is we CANT find a way....there is NONE...the One and ONLY AMRIT is GURBANI.PERIOD.

Sanatanist/Bhagwaists..always find ways and means to LINK.."words" because essentially words are just WORDS...its the new MEANINGS given to OLD WORDS by the Gurus in GURBANI that matters...so many old words..given NEW meanings..bhagauti,bhagwatee, shaktee, shiv..brahma, vishnu...reincarnation, karma etc etc etc...have NOTHING in common with the OLD except the spellings/sound..

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Amrit is for quenching the thirst, for those that are thirsty- this 'amrit' comes from the bani.
For those not wanting to quench a thirst, but those that enjoy tastes and pleasures, then this same bani can also give them the 'sweet pleasant' taste to please their taste buds.

So, are you thirsty or are you searching for fine sweet tastes ?
Bani can give you the amrit for both.
Or you can soak and immerse your complete mind into the bani, which can give you the sweet amrit taste that always trickles down from your mind to the taste buds in your mouth.

Amrit naam nidhaan hai, mil peevoh pieyee.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Kanwaljit Ji..your and me make a perfect team...you get the relevant quotes ..I give the general idea....because i want the readers to go find the quotes....as thats hard work and dedicated searching..

In another posting I gave a hint of a Shivji story ref female sex organs all over Shiv's body BUT I never gave the exact shabad becasue i wanted the person involved to go search it by herself...she never did search and never quoted it..BUT stuck to her point that devtas cannot be lke that and this story cannot be form sggs/gurbani..soem people never get convinced..becasue they already have preconceived notions..as such i never spoon feed such becasue even IF they SEE the Spoon full of "AMRIT"..they will say ughhhh thats castor oil..i dont take castor oil becasue it smells awful (meaning thats NOT what i meant to say,,) ha ha ha..CHEERS jios..Keep it up...Keep the Gurbani Coming...japposatnamwaheguru:japposatnamwaheguru:japposatnamwaheguru:

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I give the general idea....because i want the readers to go find the quotes

Hehe some times they can't realize that you are repeating themes from Gurbani, not just talking rhetoric! After the Amrit ceremony, some of the Gursikh brothers, shared this Katha on Amrit with these Shabads, that's why they are seared into my heart.

PS: the english based search on Sikhitothemax helps a lot in finding themes of Shabad.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
If you know anything about Amrit it was first taken from the churning of the milk ocean (Hinduism). I'm not saying that the religion is Hinduism, I just am saying that there are some things in that relate to it, rather than abrahamic. The muslims saints that are in bani are obviously correct, but you don't see many of them because most aren't like that. Their fore fathers fought and killed our ancestors. Also Kirtan is from Sanatan as well, look up Bhajan/Kirtan.

Kirtan is NOT from sanatan and it is NOT the same as Bhajans.
I'm not sure where you got this from, as I am aware of what it takes to do kirtan and also what it takes to do bhajans.

Ek Onkaar, Waheguru

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Bhajns are what we call KACHI BANI/DHAARNAS....and maybe now everyone can UNDERSTAND why our half-past-six Babas/Mahapurashs with Sri 108 titles/brahmgyanis etc LOVE DHAARNAS...

BOTH Bhajans and Dhaarnas are MAN MADE...kavitas..or poems...refrains that ordinary joes find easy to follow along...with not much understanding needed...

Authentic "SANSKRIT VERSES" from ramayana/Gita etc are ONLY read aloud by the Pandit at Wedding ceremoneis and other prayers..the ORDINARY PUBLIC just LISTENS...they ONLY JOIN in when Bhajans in COMMON everyday language are SUNG....

SGGS by comparison is already in COMMON MANS LANGUAGE and relatively easy to grasp..but the Babas who grew up drinking the milky bhajans..cant take the trouble to learn authentic GURBANI KIRTAN..so they go DHAARNA !!! and bang their dholkis and chennas so loudly...ha ha and THATS WHEN THEY SOUND like the Bhajans in the MANDIRS...

lionprinceuk

(previously Lion_Prince_Jatinder)
SPNer
Jun 29, 2004
west london
Adi Guru Granth Sahib Ang p470
ਮਃ ੧ ॥ मः १ ॥ Mėhlā 1. Slok 1st Guru.

ਸਾਮ ਕਹੈ ਸੇਤੰਬਰੁ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਸਚ ਮਹਿ ਆਛੈ ਸਾਚਿ ਰਹੇ ॥ साम कहै सेत्मबरु सुआमी सच महि आछै साचि रहे ॥ Sām kahai seṯambar su▫āmī sacẖ mėh ācẖẖai sācẖ rahe.
Sam Ved, says, that the Setamber Soami is white-robed, and in the True age, every one desired truth, dwelt in truth,
ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਸਚਿ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥ सभु को सचि समावै ॥ Sabẖ ko sacẖ samāvai. and was absorbed in truth.
ਰਿਗੁ ਕਹੈ ਰਹਿਆ ਭਰਪੂਰਿ ॥ रिगु कहै रहिआ भरपूरि ॥ Rig kahai rahi▫ā bẖarpūr. The Rig Ved says contained every where;
ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੇਵਾ ਮਹਿ ਸੂਰੁ ॥ राम नामु देवा महि सूरु ॥ Rām nām ḏevā mėh sūr. and amongst the deities, the Ram's Name is the most exalted.
ਨਾਇ ਲਇਐ ਪਰਾਛਤ ਜਾਹਿ ॥ नाइ लइऐ पराछत जाहि ॥ Nā▫e la▫i▫ai parācẖẖaṯ jāhi. By uttering the Name, the sins depart,
ਨਾਨਕ ਤਉ ਮੋਖੰਤਰੁ ਪਾਹਿ ॥ नानक तउ मोखंतरु पाहि ॥ Nānak ṯa▫o mokẖanṯar pāhi. and then, O Nanak, man obtains salvation.
ਜੁਜ ਮਹਿ ਜੋਰਿ ਛਲੀ ਚੰਦ੍ਰਾਵਲਿ ਕਾਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨੁ ਜਾਦਮੁ ਭਇਆ ॥ जुज महि जोरि छली चंद्रावलि कान्ह क्रिसनु जादमु भइआ ॥ Juj mėh jor cẖẖalī cẖanḏrāval kānĥ krisan jāḏam bẖa▫i▫ā. In the time of Yujar Veda, Kan Krishan of Yadva tribe seduced Chandrawli by force.
ਪਾਰਜਾਤੁ ਗੋਪੀ ਲੈ ਆਇਆ ਬਿੰਦ੍ਰਾਬਨ ਮਹਿ ਰੰਗੁ ਕੀਆ ॥ पारजातु गोपी लै आइआ बिंद्राबन महि रंगु कीआ ॥ Pārjāṯ gopī lai ā▫i▫ā binḏrāban mėh rang kī▫ā. He brought the elysian tree for his milk-maid and revelled in Bindraban.
ਕਲਿ ਮਹਿ ਬੇਦੁ ਅਥਰਬਣੁ ਹੂਆ ਨਾਉ ਖੁਦਾਈ ਅਲਹੁ ਭਇਆ ॥ कलि महि बेदु अथरबणु हूआ नाउ खुदाई अलहु भइआ ॥ Kal mėh beḏ atharbaṇ hū▫ā nā▫o kẖuḏā▫ī alhu bẖa▫i▫ā. In the Dark-age, Athrav Veda became prominent and Allah became the Name of Khudda.
ਨੀਲ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਲੇ ਕਪੜੇ ਪਹਿਰੇ ਤੁਰਕ ਪਠਾਣੀ ਅਮਲੁ ਕੀਆ ॥ नील बसत्र ले कपड़े पहिरे तुरक पठाणी अमलु कीआ ॥ Nīl basṯar le kapṛe pahire ṯurak paṯẖāṇī amal kī▫ā. Men, then took to and wore blue robes and dresses, and Turks and Pathans exercised away.
ਚਾਰੇ ਵੇਦ ਹੋਏ ਸਚਿਆਰ ॥ चारे वेद होए सचिआर ॥ Cẖāre veḏ ho▫e sacẖiār. The four Vedas were professed to be true.
ਪੜਹਿ ਗੁਣਹਿ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਚਾਰ ਵੀਚਾਰ ॥ पड़हि गुणहि तिन्ह चार वीचार ॥ Paṛėh guṇėh ṯinĥ cẖār vīcẖār. By reading and studying them, one finds four viewpoints in them.
ਭਾਉ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਨੀਚੁ ਸਦਾਏ ॥ भाउ भगति करि नीचु सदाए ॥ Bẖā▫o bẖagaṯ kar nīcẖ saḏā▫e. When a person cherishs love and meditation and calls himself lowly,
ਤਉ ਨਾਨਕ ਮੋਖੰਤਰੁ ਪਾਏ ॥੨॥ तउ नानक मोखंतरु पाए ॥२॥ Ŧa▫o Nānak mokẖanṯar pā▫e. ||2|| it is then, O Nanak that he obtains salvation.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM