Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Festivals Photo Essay: Faces of Vaisakhi Parade, Surrey BC Special

Discussion in 'History of Sikhism' started by spnadmin, Apr 27, 2011.

1. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Photo essay: Faces of Vaisakhi parade, Surrey, BC Special

Surrey - On a sunny weekend day, East-Indian residents of Lower Mainland celebrated their Vaisakhi holiday that marks the birth of religious community known as khalsa. The Sikhs all over the world celebrate their harvest festival in these days.
    The East-Indian community in Canada is the biggest in the region of Vancouver's Lower Mainland, including those of Surrey, Vancouver and Abbotsford. There were also residents coming from the US.

The photo-essay shows glimpses from the event and people who took part in it. There were estimated 150,000 people who showed up on the streets of Surrey to celebrate. The event started at the Gurdwara Sahib Dashmeh Darbar and went on a 5 km parade that took about 4 hours to complete. It was very well prepared logistically with free food and drink outlets

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/305992#ixzz1KgTCYjcx

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      34.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      20.5 KB
      Views: