• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Polite Note For the Reader - I've not quite finished the above post [#40] as I would've liked to because the lap top started playing up? I'm now using the iPad to extend my apologies for the incongruent and incomplete information posted above. Hope those of you who attempt to make sense will pardon my short fall on this count.

Thank you !

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
there are many different meanings of god in many different dictionaries, I found several that are not pretty generic, I, however, favour making my own arguments rather than trawling the internet for appropriate justifications.

Awesome! I am glad you agree that the word God does not have to mean bearded guy with sandals!!!

The word is a generic term that many cultures use to describe the indescribable... Creator, origin of the universe, universal consciousness, etc. If you have your own definition that's fine too! Just don't dismiss other's use of the word. When others use it as you noted above there are many different meanings put on it, when others use it just remember they are likely not referring to the Christian bearded guy in sandals!! So you don't have to keep accusing us of talking about the Christian version of that word!

The word is more adjective than noun.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Awesome! I am glad you agree that the word God does not have to mean bearded guy with sandals!!!

no, you've missed the point as you seem to keep doing, although this is the first time you have not only missed the point but taken it as support of your own argument!

Perhaps next time I will illustrate my arguments with some blow up balloons or something.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
and he also does not....

and he also does not....

and he also is not....

so what's your point?

Does god have herpes, is he a sexual deviant, does he like a snort and look like a pig?

yes or no?

from a sikh perspective...

all that is, is God...

so there's no need to list all the endless possibilities of characters in the play lol

the Ego is the cause of all things negative...
love is the cause of all things selflessly positive

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012

The word is a generic term that many cultures use to describe the indescribable... Creator, origin of the universe, universal consciousness, etc. If you have your own definition that's fine too! Just don't dismiss other's use of the word. When others use it as you noted above there are many different meanings put on it, when others use it just remember they are likely not referring to the Christian bearded guy in sandals!! So you don't have to keep accusing us of talking about the Christian version of that word!

The word is more adjective than noun.

exactly! :)

just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
so are meanings to such words...just as we progress towards Waheguru Consciousness...the meanings of these words change

eventually the words will no longer mean anything...definition changes to experiencing and 'be' ing..

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM