• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Personal Vs Impersonal

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
I truly & Whole-heartedly Believe in a Personal Relationship w/ God But I feel it's Maintained by Impersonal Action. Not by Pleading, or begging or being Stubborn. God Doesn't Care. Lol. He Doesn't. He Deals out the Hands, And Expects you to Handle it well.

So I Think there is a Fluidity between Impersonal & Personal, It is Neither a Completely Careless God, Nor One that Will give in to your Every Demand & Will, No. He's More like a Helping Hand, There when you Need it, but Not one you Cling to Incessently like a Child, out of Fear or Lack of Courage. Life is Scary, the Fact Must be Faced. But Not so Scary that It will Over-power you, He didn't Send his beings forth to Flounder & die (like Fish), He sent them to be Courageous, to Learn to Lead.

xthoughts for the night. Gd Nite!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Bhenji

What you have written makes good sense

just to share my own opinion, I believe there is God, and essence of God in your head. God I find completely impersonal and non interventionist, essence I find completely personal and interventionist to the point that the essence can make a huge difference by governing and tempering your actions, words and thoughts

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Thank you for sharing Harry Ji, it's very Interesting. I suppose Im one of those people who give a lot of Importance to Essence b/c that's where Action comes from, but I may be wrong.
rofl.gif

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: