• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Peaceful March Sent Them To Jail. Must Be Sikhs?

Vikram singh

SPNer
Feb 24, 2005
Mohali, May 30
Anticipating law and order problem, the Mohali police today arrested five members of the Shiromani Panch Pardhani from different parts of the city. The organisation had announced to take out a march from Chhapar Chiri to Harmandar Sahib to mark the Operation Blue Star.

Before the activists of the organisation could start with the march, the police raided the residence of Sandeep Singh Canadian, Harpreet, Baljinder Siungh, Sardara Singh Mauli and Sikander Singh and arrested them. They were produced before the Kharar SDM before being sent to judicial custody.

ct11.jpg

Sandeep Canadian, an activist of the Shiromani Panch Pardhani, in police custody at Mohali on Sunday. A Tribune photograph

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This amazing story was posted yesterday as a news article.

This is the related article http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/controversies/30723-punjab-police-crack-down-sad-panch.html

I am really glad you posted a second version because it gives the human sense of the situation. Too many crazy moments like this, and too much anxiety to tolerate. This did not happen because they were Sikhs. This happened because they were not in the pocket of the powerful.

I really am fuming you know. Usually I take all news like this in stride because I have seen enough in my lifetime to know that miscarriages of justice will continue even after I am dead. But for some reason this one really got me going.

Here is the latest news, which I will post shortly. http://www.sikhsiyasat.net/2010/05/...oved-to-high-court-against-arrest-of-leaders/

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
This amazing story was posted yesterday as a news article.

This is the related article http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/controversies/30723-punjab-police-crack-down-sad-panch.html

I am really glad you posted a second version because it gives the human sense of the situation. Too many crazy moments like this, and too much anxiety to tolerate. This did not happen because they were Sikhs. This happened because they were not in the pocket of the powerful.

I really am fuming you know. Usually I take all news like this in stride because I have seen enough in my lifetime to know that miscarriages of justice will continue even after I am dead. But for some reason this one really got me going.

Here is the latest news, which I will post shortly. March Issue: Panch Pardhani Moved to High Court Against Arrest of Leaders|SikhSiyasat.net – Sikh News and Multimedia.

To be perfectly honest, nothing India does to us amazes, surprises, astounds, astonishes me any more. The GOI doesn't like us. Period. They see us as a danger. But just wait, when things totally fall apart and their country comes crashing down around their heads, they'll expect us to rescue them, as we have so many times in the past.

And guess what?! Will we again rush to the aid of those who have raped, tortured, murdered us by the thousands? Will we?

Of course we will. I'm not sure if we're saintly or stupid, but we'll save them once again.

Why? Because we're Sikhs and that's what Sikhs do!:veryhappykudi:

Vikram singh

SPNer
Feb 24, 2005
Mai Harinder Kaur, you are 100% right, but i don't no, i can say one thing One person can make difference,can change the flow of a river,In history there are so many example, I am just a (dot) (.) I just want 1984 justice soon from GOI, otherwise sikhs knows hot to get justice

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Mai Harinder Kaur, you are 100% right, but i don't no, i can say one thing One person can make difference,can change the flow of a river,In history there are so many example, I am just a (dot) (.) I just want 1984 justice soon from GOI, otherwise sikhs knows hot to get justice

A very famous quote:

<big>"I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will
not refuse to do the something that I can do.
What I can do, I should do.
And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." - Edward Everett Hale
</big>

I'm not even sdure any more what justice for 1984 would look like. I douibt anything would really satisfy me and the many others directly harmed. Oh, well

Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale was just one person.

So was Indira Gandhi.

Apr 24, 2010
Sat Shri Akaal Everyone

To be perfectly honest, nothing India does to us amazes, surprises, astounds, astonishes me any more. The GOI doesn't like us. Period. They see us as a danger. But just wait, when things totally fall apart and their country comes crashing down around their heads, they'll expect us to rescue them, as we have so many times in the past.

And guess what?! Will we again rush to the aid of those who have raped, tortured, murdered us by the thousands? Will we?

Of course we will. I'm not sure if we're saintly or stupid, but we'll save them once again.

Why? Because we're Sikhs and that's what Sikhs do!:veryhappykudi:
I totally agree with Bibi Harinder Kaur Ji that GOI does not like the Sikhs and nothing they do surprises us anymore. However, I don't agree that when their bad times come again, I pray it is near, the Sikhs should be coming to their rescue again. Enough is enough. I find the Hindu extremists to be the worst enemy of the Sikhs from all. Others only tried to kill us physically, but these have attacked us from every aspect, including writing dirt to degrade our Guru Sahib Ji's name, yet they call us their spiritual brothers! Muh mein Ram Ram, buggle mein sury!

Guru Gobind Singh Ji severly punished the Masands. If time ever comes, which I hope it does soon, that the rest of Indians want to break free from these upper caste hindu slavery, it will be real shame that Sikhs should come to the rescue of such evil that has abused majority for the centuries and has treated us in the worst way possible. Such people do not deserve any kind of support or sympathy from anyone. Sikhs should show mercy towards the weak, those are the people suppressed by these extremists, which even includes the Sikhs themselves. Otherwise, I will call Sikhs only stupid, not saints.

Regards,
Randeep Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Sat Shri Akaal Everyone

I totally agree with Bibi Harinder Kaur Ji that GOI does not like the Sikhs and nothing they do surprises us anymore. However, I don't agree that when their bad times come again, I pray it is near, the Sikhs should be coming to their rescue again. Enough is enough. I find the Hindu extremists to be the worst enemy of the Sikhs from all. Others only tried to kill us physically, but these have attacked us from every aspect, including writing dirt to degrade our Guru Sahib Ji's name, yet they call us their spiritual brothers! Muh mein Ram Ram, buggle mein sury!

Guru Gobind Singh Ji severly punished the Masands. If time ever comes, which I hope it does soon, that the rest of Indians want to break free from these upper caste hindu slavery, it will be real shame that Sikhs should come to the rescue of such evil that has abused majority for the centuries and has treated us in the worst way possible. Such people do not deserve any kind of support or sympathy from anyone. Sikhs should show mercy towards the weak, those are the people suppressed by these extremists, which even includes the Sikhs themselves. Otherwise, I will call Sikhs only stupid, not saints.

Regards,
Randeep Kaur

And I agree with Bibi Randeep Kaur ji. Perhaps the Hindus we rescue this time won't be the brahmins (and their kshatriya and vaisha lackeys). This time it'll be the Dalits and the other oppressed peoples of "India" that will be saved.

But I imagine that when we hear a brahmin woman being raped we won't stand by and laugh and say "she had it coming."

Vikram singh

SPNer
Feb 24, 2005
Thanks for the quote, i really like that. mai Harinder Kaur Jee
thanks once again

A very famous quote:

<big>"I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will
not refuse to do the something that I can do.
What I can do, I should do.
And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." - Edward Everett Hale
</big>

I'm not even sdure any more what justice for 1984 would look like. I douibt anything would really satisfy me and the many others directly harmed. Oh, well

Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale was just one person.

So was Indira Gandhi.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: