Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Pauri 3 Paudi-3-Jap Ji Sahib Interpretation

Discussion in 'Jap Ji Sahib' started by Sikh80, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Sikh80

Sikh80
    Expand Collapse

Re: Paudi-3-Jap Ji sahib-Interpretation

Sikhism and Dogma - Dilemma outlined
    Jagtaran Singh (Canada)*
    * Jagtaran, currently in the first year at Trinity College in University of Toronto, is set to study Ethics, Society and Law. He has a particular interest in Sikh issues, ideas and concepts. Being president of the school debate team, he enjoys all discussions and debates regarding Sikhism, and sometimes writes essays on hot topics in the Sikh community. Jagtaran can be reached at jagtaran.singh@utoronto.ca)

#1 Sikh80, Feb 26, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Hard Talk Miracles, Dukh Bhanjani Sahib Paath And Sikhism Hard Talk Jun 2, 2016
    A Translation Of Japji Sahib Jap Ji Sahib Oct 11, 2016
    Pauri 2 Japji Sahib Translation Of Katha By Sant Maskeen Ji Jap Ji Sahib Sep 5, 2016
    Pauri 1 Japji Sahib Translation Of Katha By Sant Maskeen Ji Jap Ji Sahib Sep 5, 2016
    Jap Japji Sahib Translation Of Sant Maskeen Ji’s Katha : Mool Mantar Jap Ji Sahib Sep 5, 2016

3. AmbarDhara

AmbarDhara
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

In my humble view: All of the Bani is linked together.

In Japji Sahib:
    In the very first Pauri Japji Sahib: Guru Ji instructs us to do jaap of the One Who is true for ever, and explains us the way to become sachyaar- by coming under His Hukam. In the second Pauri He tells aout Hukam- all are under His Hukam, In third pauri He is telling us Everybody is singing Him- those who can't see Him near, as well those who see Him everywhere all the time- haadra hadoor. All are walking under His Hukam- so all who are singing(based on their knowledge about Him) are singing under His Hukam- nothing is out of His Hukam, It cant be.

All the pauries are tightly linked together.

Dhan Dhan Bani Nirankaar, Aap Parmesar.

Humbly asking for your forgiveness for the interruption.

4. pk70

pk70
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Supporter

Sat Sree Akaal jee sabh nu

Thanks Amberdhara ji for correcting Sikh80 on " there is no link between pauri 3 and pauri1 and 2." Here Sikh 80 might have over looked the obvious unity of japji. I have a big problem with some of my Gursikh fellows who give very strange statements about Gurbani. long time ago people started saying that Bhagat bani is different than Gurbani in contents. It was a sheer ignorance. Guru Granth Sahib ji has nothing contradictory if read all with diligent care. Japji is explained in Guru Granth Sahib ji in a detail. Satguru ji himself makes some ideas simple which seem difficult in Japji Sahib, in various Shabad. So in Gurbani, nothing is just written, it is a complete revealed philosophy capable of guiding us smoothly through ages.Stunningly beautiful is Japji. Satguru starts with answering all questions and prevailed ways of realization of AkaalPurakh. When people were claiming to have their own way of knowing God, claiming to have numerous Gods fortified with special powers, claiming the incarnation of The Almighty; Satguru setled the dust by saying " EKAMONKAAR, SATNAAM, KARTAPURKH< NIRBHOU NIRVAI AKAALMURTAJUNI< SWEMBH<GURPARSAAD" JAP is an instruction to the Sikhs to bear above and the rest of Gurbani in mind. Then Satguru deals with prevailed ways of realization of Almighty and disregards them as sheer rituals unable to bring any fruits. Then Satguru answers the ultimate truth about realization of Waheguru, is to understand HIS way of Order/rule. His Hukam and the world is explained in next pauri. He further expresses how different kinds of people remember HIM different way, sing about HIM as per their level but all come down to being under HIS Hukam/Rule, none is above it. FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END < ALL PAURI ARE IN ONE RELATION AND HAVE ONE DOMINATING FACTOR- WAHEGURU.
    It is my humble request to keep totality of Gurmatt whenever is wriiten about
    Gurbani. Special thanks to those who try to write about it " TAIN SAHIB kee baat jo akhai kahu NANAK kia deejai, sais bdhai kar baisn deejai, bin sir sav kreejai" Mehla 1"

Har bisrat sda khuari

5. Sikh80

Sikh80
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Pk70 ji for your valuable guidance that the concept of 'waheguru' is common to all the Paudi's. I shall try to look into this aspect when I do paudi-6 tomorrow,if possible. In any case I am writing the way I feel the things are as the interpretation is almost line by line. But veer ji I see the point that you have stated.
    Regards.

6. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Pk70 Ji,

I'm curious why you chose to say EKAMONKAAR. Whereas the translated version of the written symbol is spelled Ek Oangkar in Gutkas.

Am I missing something here ?

7. Sikh80

Sikh80
    Expand Collapse

Respected namjap ji,

You are not missing anything. These kinds of things do happen when we try to write Bani in english. I am giving below the lines that pk70 ji might have intended to state above. It is taken from sikhiwiki.

ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
    Ik*oaʼnkār saṯ nām karṯā purakẖ nirbẖa*o nirvair akāl mūraṯ ajūnī saibẖaʼn gur parsāḏ.

One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace

8. pk70

pk70
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Supporter

No, Naamjap ji you are not. It sounds more correctly if it is pronounced your way; some also say Eka Onkar. Sorry and thanks.

PK70
    HAR bisart sda khuari