Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sikh News Pak Army grabs Sikh Gurudwara land

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by kds1980, Dec 18, 2009.

1. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Pak Army grabs Sikh Gurudwara land
    Zeenews Bureau

Islamabad: In a breaking news development, the Pakistan Army has reportedly grabbed the land here meant for the construction of Sikh Gurudwaras.

The minority community here is distraught as the Army sold off 150 acres of land that belongs to the Sikhs of Lahore, as per a latest media report.

Reports also state that the land, which was allegedly sold cheaply to Pak defence authorities, is actually worth millions of rupees. The Sikh community is planning to retaliate by appealing in a court of law to step in and prevent the ‘illegal’ land grab.

However, the chairman of Pakistan’s Evacuee Trust, Asif Hashmi, while confirming the sale, decried reports stating that the land belongs to any individual or the Gurudwara Deh in Lahore.

The sale violates Pakistan’s law on selling religious land. Meanwhile, the SGPC in India is said to have contacted President Asif Ali Zardari asking for his direct intervention in the case.

2. Loading...

3. Sinister

Sinister
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

nothing belongs to anyone in pakistan. the military controls majority of anything that is profitable. the military industrial complex is all that remains in pakistan. might is right

it is a lawless state

Zardari has no power nor does he have any swing in the matters that concerns the small minorities of his country.

the apeals will be rather fruitless if you ask me. lets see what happens

• Like Like x 1
  4. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

There is nothing new in it Pakistan's military always controlled everything

5. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
    Writer SPNer Contributor

There are so many places-I have wandered through them all.
    The masters of wealth and the great land-lords have fallen, crying out, "This is mine! This is mine!" ||2||

They issue their commands fearlessly, and act in pride.
    They subdue all under their command, but without the Name, they are reduced to dust. ||3||

(Sri Raag M.5 Ang 42)

• Like Like x 1
    #4 Astroboy, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016