Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Pag/Turban Material

Discussion in 'Punjab, Punjabi, Punjabiyat' started by techsingh, May 4, 2013.

1. techsingh

techsingh United States
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

i have always bought full voile. anyone know about f76 material. is it lighter than full voile. here is the link.

Link to commercial site is removed. Question has been rephrased in next post. Apologies.spnadmin

#1 techsingh, May 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Interfaith Materialists And Its Discontents Interfaith Dialogues Jun 10, 2016
    USA Sikhs Donate Materials To Queens Libraries, Improving Public Relations Breaking News Jun 9, 2011
    Christianity Materialism Theory in Philosophy Interfaith Dialogues Jun 6, 2011
    United Sikhs Japan Earthquake Relief Underway as UNITED SIKHS Aid Team Delivers Emergency Relief Materials Sikh Organisations Mar 23, 2011
    1984 We examined all material to close case against Tytler: CBI History of Sikhism Jul 25, 2010

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

re: Paag Material

techsingh

I don't know anything about it. Also the posting of a commercial link is usually not allowed. I will leave this thread in place. However, sites should sign up to be advertisers.

I have rephrased your question to, "Has anyone ever used paag material that is lighter than full voile? I found a site that sells it but am not sure if I want to purchase any material like that without feedback. The site is f 76 Our Punjab"

• Like Like x 1
  4. aristotle

aristotle
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

Re: Paag Material

I myself use a full voile cloth material; but I guess Malmal is lighter and fits more length into less volume.
    I know of a person who uses Terry Rubia, which although soft is a bit too tacky and a bad choice for beginners.

• Like Like x 1
  5. techsingh

techsingh United States
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Re: Paag Material

thats what i use full voile. never tried mal mal. i will have to order it and see what its like.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SikhiStore

SikhiStore
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

There are 3 main common types of dastar material. Mal Mal, Full Voile and Rubia.

Mal Mal Dastars (also known as F74) are the thinnest and lightest of the main three types of Dastar material. Full Voile Dastars/Turbans are slightly heavier and thicker. Rubia dastars are the heaviest and thickest of the three.

Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 3