• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Outrage In Punjab Over Replica Of Golden Temple

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ
बिलावलु महला १ ॥
Bilāval mėhlā 1.
Bilaawal, First Mehl:

ਮਨੁ ਮੰਦਰੁ ਤਨੁ ਵੇਸ ਕਲੰਦਰੁ ਘਟ ਹੀ ਤੀਰਥਿ ਨਾਵਾ
मनु मंदरु तनु वेस कलंदरु घट ही तीरथि नावा ॥
Man manḏar ṯan ves kalanḏar gẖat hī ṯirath nāvā.
My mind is the temple, and my body is the simple cloth of the humble seeker; deep within my heart, I bathe at the sacred shrine.

ਏਕੁ ਸਬਦੁ ਮੇਰੈ ਪ੍ਰਾਨਿ ਬਸਤੁ ਹੈ ਬਾਹੁੜਿ ਜਨਮਿ ਆਵਾ ॥੧॥
एकु सबदु मेरै प्रानि बसतु है बाहुड़ि जनमि न आवा ॥१॥
Ėk sabaḏ merai parān basaṯ hai bāhuṛ janam na āvā. ||1||
The One Word of the Shabad abides within my mind; I shall not come to be born again. ||1||

ਮਨੁ ਬੇਧਿਆ ਦਇਆਲ ਸੇਤੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਮਾਈ
मनु बेधिआ दइआल सेती मेरी माई ॥
Man beḏẖi▫ā ḏa▫i▫āl seṯī merī mā▫ī.
My mind is pierced through by the Merciful Lord, O my mother!

ਕਉਣੁ ਜਾਣੈ ਪੀਰ ਪਰਾਈ
कउणु जाणै पीर पराई ॥
Ka▫uṇ jāṇai pīr parā▫ī.
Who can know the pain of another?

ਹਮ ਨਾਹੀ ਚਿੰਤ ਪਰਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
हम नाही चिंत पराई ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Ham nāhī cẖinṯ parā▫ī. ||1|| rahā▫o.
I think of none other than the Lord. ||1||Pause||

ਅਗਮ ਅਗੋਚਰ ਅਲਖ ਅਪਾਰਾ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਹਮਾਰੀ
अगम अगोचर अलख अपारा चिंता करहु हमारी ॥
Agam agocẖar alakẖ apārā cẖinṯā karahu hamārī.
O Lord, inaccessible, unfathomable, invisible and infinite: please, take care of me!

ਜਲਿ ਥਲਿ ਮਹੀਅਲਿ ਭਰਿਪੁਰਿ ਲੀਣਾ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੀ ॥੨॥
जलि थलि महीअलि भरिपुरि लीणा घटि घटि जोति तुम्हारी ॥२॥
Jal thal mahī▫al bẖaripur līṇā gẖat gẖat joṯ ṯumĥārī. ||2||
In the water, on the land and in sky, You are totally pervading. Your Light is in each and every heart. ||2||

ਸਿਖ ਮਤਿ ਸਭ ਬੁਧਿ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੀ ਮੰਦਿਰ ਛਾਵਾ ਤੇਰੇ
सिख मति सभ बुधि तुम्हारी मंदिर छावा तेरे ॥
Sikẖ maṯ sabẖ buḏẖ ṯumĥārī manḏir cẖẖāvā ṯere.
All teachings, instructions and understandings are Yours; the mansions and sanctuaries are Yours as well.

ਤੁਝ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਜਾਣਾ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਾਹਿਬਾ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵਾ ਨਿਤ ਤੇਰੇ ॥੩॥
तुझ बिनु अवरु न जाणा मेरे साहिबा गुण गावा नित तेरे ॥३॥
Ŧujẖ bin avar na jāṇā mere sāhibā guṇ gāvā niṯ ṯere. ||3||
Without You, I know no other, O my Lord and Master; I continually sing Your Glorious Praises. ||3||

ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ ਸਭਿ ਸਰਣਿ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੀ ਸਰਬ ਚਿੰਤ ਤੁਧੁ ਪਾਸੇ
जीअ जंत सभि सरणि तुम्हारी सरब चिंत तुधु पासे ॥
Jī▫a janṯ sabẖ saraṇ ṯumĥārī sarab cẖinṯ ṯuḏẖ pāse.
All beings and creatures seek the Protection of Your Sanctuary; all thought of their care rests with You.

ਜੋ ਤੁਧੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸੋਈ ਚੰਗਾ ਇਕ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀ ਅਰਦਾਸੇ ॥੪॥੨॥
जो तुधु भावै सोई चंगा इक नानक की अरदासे ॥४॥२॥
Jo ṯuḏẖ bẖāvai so▫ī cẖanga ik Nānak kī arḏāse. ||4||2||
That which pleases Your Will is good; this alone is Nanak's prayer. ||4||2||

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Another FACT not being mentioned at all is that this GURDWARA is SGPC PROPERTY under the 1925 Gurdawra ACT. The SGPC fellows are trying to cover up their gross failures....and the AAG maggann aiyee gharwali bann baithee applies... ( this Punjabi proverb means..the woman who came to borrow "fire" became the OWNER.. IN Punajb its common to go to aneighbour and borrow fire to light your own stove..adn this goes on in tne village 24/7 so no one actually needs matches !! In English society..its more common to "borrow a cup of SUGAR"...as an excuse to break te ice/get to knwo the neighbours...not so Punjabis..they BORROW FIRE !!he he he..) The AAG mannggan wallee is the SANT who now maintains he owns the SGPC Gurdawra !!

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Tejwant jee,
Could you confirm from any text of SGGS where it is said bigamy is not fit for Sikhs or is banned or taboo for them. Be exact?

Hardip Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Pardon my ignorance but I am a bit confused about your question.

First you want me to prove a negative which is not possible by a lay man like me. Btw, do you condone bigamy?

Secondly, I would like to respond to your question with another one so you can enlighten me about which will help me understand your query in a better manner.

What in your opinion is SGGS about?

Lastly, I would like to know if bigamy is legal in the Indian constitution. Do you know if it is or not?

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009
Hardip Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Pardon my ignorance but I am a bit confused about your question.

First you want me to prove a negative which is not possible by a lay man like me. Btw, do you condone bigamy?

Secondly, I would like to respond to your question with another one so you can enlighten me about which will help me understand your query in a better manner.

What in your opinion is SGGS about?

Lastly, I would like to know if bigamy is legal in the Indian constitution. Do you know if it is or not?

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant jee,
My knowledge about this is limited too. But long back, when in India they were planning for a seperate Sikh personal law, in the proposals they had made the provision for two marriages for Sikhs. Why and how they arrived at, I do not know. But this act is still a far cry. I am sure they kept this provision in those proposals. probably, it might be an old coustom. I think, some senior members could put light on the subject.
Hardip Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM