• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

UK ‘Our Girl Was Murdered For Her Organs’, Say Parents Of Holiday Girl

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada

‘Our girl was murdered for her organs’, say parents of holiday girl

ImageProxy.mvc

Santokh Singh Loyal (dad) and Amrit Kaur Loyal (mum) holding collects of their daughter Gurkiren Kaur Loyal, 8, who died on a family holiday in the Punjab, India
Grief-struck ... Amrit and Santokh Loyal with pictures of their dead daughter -

Birmingham Post and Mail

By FRAN WETZEL - THE SUN
Published: 14th May 2013

A BRITISH schoolgirl was murdered by foreign doctors who wanted to harvest her ORGANS, her devastated parents have claimed.

Gurkiren Kaur Loyal, eight, was on a family holiday to India when she was struck with a mild case of dehydration.

Parents Amrit and Santokh said they took their daughter to a health clinic where she was given a lethal injection.

They said that the schoolgirl dropped dead just seconds after a worker at the Punjabi clinic injected her with a mysterious liquid.

The youngster’s relatives kept a mortuary vigil over Gurkiren so that her organs died before they could be used in transplant operations.

But her family claims the body parts were still removed in a “medieval” post-mortem examination using a HAMMER and CHISEL — to disguise the cause of death.

When Gurkiren’s body was brought back to the UK only her eyes remained — making it impossible for UK medics to determine how she died.

Amrit, 50, said: “My baby was innocent and now I am devastated without her.

“Gurkiren was fine; she was chatting to us and planned to buy some gifts for her cousins.

“While we were talking an assistant came up carrying a pre-filled syringe and reached for the tube in her hand.

“I asked what the injection was for, but he gave me a blank look and injected the liquid into her.

“Within a split-second Gurkiren’s head flipped back, her eyes rolled in her head, and the colour completely drained from her. I knew they had killed her on the spot.

“I knew my innocent child had been murdered.

“They said they would use a hammer and chisel to open her but I demanded a more dignified, discreet examination.”

Amrit said the family was reassured that a dignified and respectful autopsy would be carried out.

But they were horrified when they found Gurkiren’s blood-spattered and torn clothes by an incinerator.

The devastated shop assistant and her postal worker husband gave statements to Indian police but said there was no evidence Gurkiren’s death had been investigated.

Once her body was flown home, the couple, from Hockley, Birmingham, had a UK post-mortem performed on their daughter.

But they were dealt a further blow when Birmingham coroner Aidan Cotter phoned to say that no cause of death could be found.

Amrit said: “He said it was impossible to come to a conclusion for the cause of death.

“They had nothing to work from; she had no organs in her body for them to take samples.

“I was mortified that all the pleading in India had no effect.

“There was no sensitivity, no humanity.”

A spokesperson for Mr Cotter said an inquest had been opened and adjourned as staff awaited the possible return of Gurkiren’s organs from India.

She said: “A post-mortem examination was carried out, but we were unable to ascertain a cause of death. We are doing everything we can to help the family.”

The Foreign Office confirmed that Gurkiren died on April 2 in India.

A spokesperson said: “We can confirm the death of a British national in Punjab on April 2, 2013. We provided consular assistance to the family at this difficult time.”

Birmingham councillor Narinder Kooner said she was researching similar cases, adding: “It’s highly probable that she had been killed in a bid to harvest her organs.

“People with money pay to help their family members. We are trying to build a portfolio of other cases.”

source:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...girl-claim-she-was-killed-for-her-organs.html

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
It is sad to say that these things are not uncommon in India which happens to be " The Most Religious Country" in the world where morality should be one's second nature not butchery.

So if one were visiting India, and something happened that required going to the ER in a hospital... what is best way to assure that a tourist won't go missing for their organs?? Worried now since I am going to India in Oct! Just in case anything were ever to happen I don't wanna meet an early demise in order to supply other people with my organs... simply because I needed stitches or something.... Like how do you know what hospitals are safe etc?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
So if one were visiting India, and something happened that required going to the ER in a hospital... what is best way to assure that a tourist won't go missing for their organs?? Worried now since I am going to India in Oct! Just in case anything were ever to happen I don't wanna meet an early demise in order to supply other people with my organs... simply because I needed stitches or something.... Like how do you know what hospitals are safe etc?

Akasha ji,

Guru Fateh.

I have no idea how you are planning to travel to India, alone or in a group. Either way, get a good visitor health insurance and the insurance company will have the names of the hospitals. In fact, medicine field is quite advanced in India. Many US health insurance companies send their patients to India for major operations like knee and hip replacements and their recuperation takes place at some 5 star resort.

This couple's case was a rare and an unfortunate one. They visited a health clinic rather than a reputed hospital and these kinds of clinics are on every corner like Starbucks and some have these kinds malicious intentions.

I would not worry much about it. Just plan it properly preferably with a group which will allow you to visit Amritsar on your own if that is not in their itinerary.

Good luck and Bon voyage!

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Tejwant Singh Ji,

I am not going in a group... I am not really the 'follow a structured tour' kind of person. Having been in the military for 16 years and having been to many ports, I prefer to try and just blend in with the locals and do my own thing. I am however staying with a friend's Mother who runs a B&B , and they are taking me to the places I want to see.

As for medical insurance, I am covered 100% by the military / Canadian Government if anything were to happen. I carry a 'CF Leave Pass' with me that has instructions for health care providers to guarantee payment for any treatmwent they give me (it's through Blue Cross and I am covered 100% so that's better than any travellers health insurance for coverage.) So if anything were to happen, I just need to know which places to avoid... generally are the big hospitals like Apollo (which is a well known chain hospital across India) ok? It's just the Mom and Pop type of clinics that are to be weary of?

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
So if one were visiting India, and something happened that required going to the ER in a hospital... what is best way to assure that a tourist won't go missing for their organs??
I myself have assisted for more than a year in a government postmortem facility. I admit there are cases of negligence and callousness, but 'harvesting' organs is a very long shot. A proper investigation should be instituted before maligning the health services, it dissapoints the hardworking doctors who work their hearts out night and day.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Tejwant Singh Ji,

I am not going in a group... I am not really the 'follow a structured tour' kind of person. Having been in the military for 16 years and having been to many ports, I prefer to try and just blend in with the locals and do my own thing. I am however staying with a friend's Mother who runs a B&B , and they are taking me to the places I want to see.

As for medical insurance, I am covered 100% by the military / Canadian Government if anything were to happen. I carry a 'CF Leave Pass' with me that has instructions for health care providers to guarantee payment for any treatmwent they give me (it's through Blue Cross and I am covered 100% so that's better than any travellers health insurance for coverage.) So if anything were to happen, I just need to know which places to avoid... generally are the big hospitals like Apollo (which is a well known chain hospital across India) ok? It's just the Mom and Pop type of clinics that are to be weary of?

Akasha ji,

Apollo Group is a very good group and it has contracts with many health insurance companies of the US. You can look for their locations in different cities so you know where someone should take you in case of emergency. Do not rely on ambulance services. Some one has to take you to the hospital in that case.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Tests carried out into how an eight-year-old girl died in a hospital in India have found there was evidence of infection around the brain.

Gurkiren Loyal's body was repatriated without some internal organs so it has not been possible to carry out a post-mortem examination in the UK.

Gurkiren, from Birmingham, fell ill on holiday in the Punjab in April.

She died suddenly following an injection after being diagnosed with mild dehydration at a clinic in Khanna.

The histopathology report into Gurkiren's death was written by doctors at Rajindra Hospital.

The report by the Government Medical College in Patiala also stated the child's liver had degraded, possibly due to the four days between her death and post-mortem examination and high temperatures in India.
'International protocol'

Gurkiren had been diagnosed with a heart defect years earlier but her mother said doctors had deemed her fit to fly to India.

The head of the hospital's pathology department, Dr Manjeet Singh Bal, denied any allegations of misuse of the organs.

He previously said he had retained her heart, lungs, brain and part of her liver at the department of pathology.

Dr Singh Bal said: "The organs were in the hospital and - due to an international protocol - the organs have to be extracted for an autopsy."

Santokh Singh Loyal and Amrit Kaur Loyal said they did not know what had been in the injection

He said there was no possibility of any organ-harvesting and noted that only kidney transplantation takes place in the Punjab.

In those cases, the donor and recipient would be in the same room during the operation, which would only be carried out after exhaustive cross matching had taken place, Dr Singh Bal said.

There has been no response from Dr Singh Bal for a diagnosis as to a probable cause of death after requests by the BBC.

Gurkiren's mother Amrit Kaur Loyal said she was aware of the report but had not been given a copy of it or been contacted by the Indian authorities.

She said: "It's upsetting when you lose a child and none of the major authorities out there are willing to help you.

"I am really hurt deep down as a parent.

"They say brain disease, heart disease, but I personally believe it was the injection. It happened so quick."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-22635997

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks kds ji

Somewhere on the forum there is an article which reports the parents have now backed away from the early story. Appreciate the update.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
That update makes me feel a little calmer about the initial outburst of a story. It helps to know some of the finer details such as that the organs could not have been stored for donors and that only kidney transplants take place in Punjab.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
It makes sense that if she had an infection, certain medications could have caused either a drop or raise in BP, etc. And I can easily see how a brain infection could lead to increased intercranial pressure, and possible death especially if a medication altered BP etc. (side effect) on top of that. What I don't understand is whythey won't tell the parents what the injection was for. It should be on her chart...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: