Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

1.   Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   
    Target (Recurring Monthly): $200 :: Achieved: $98

Origin of Jakara

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by jsingh03, Oct 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jsingh03

jsingh03
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Fateh!

I have a question about the history of the Jakara that I hear all the time, where did it come from and what is it's history. I often hear people doing it after ardaas, weddings and even speeches.

Thank You

Jasdepe

:sippingcoffeemunda:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Original Karam And Reciprocal Karam . How Does One Know ? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jan 22, 2017
    Origin Of Word Waheguru Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Aug 3, 2016
    UK Amandeep Singh Bhogal - First Indian-origin Sikh Politician To Contest Uk General Elections Breaking News Apr 10, 2015
    Gurus Original Hukamnamas From 10th King History of Sikhism Feb 18, 2015
    SIKLIGAR: A Documentary on the Original Weapons Makers of the Sikhs Hard Talk Dec 17, 2014

3. Scarlet Pimpernel

Scarlet Pimpernel
    Expand Collapse
    We seek him here,we sikh
    SPNer Supporter

I have a question about why do we use Gurfateh on Spn when almost at all other Sikh gatherings I have been to we use Sat Sri Akaal or Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh?

4. jsingh03

jsingh03
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I TOTALLY Agree.

Gur Fateh. :grinningsingh:

• Like Like x 1
  5. bscheema

bscheema
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

:grinningsingh:its a sign of unity ..when each of us try to answer call jo bole so nihal , those who ll answer ll (tripat ) fulfilled sat shri akal .>>>.the only truth is god the only one :) i kno only this much

6. findingmyway

findingmyway
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

The Jakara isa war cry. It was to intimidate the enemy and give them warning of the presence of the Khalsa enemy. Gurfateh is a shortened version and that's why I prefer it in an informal setting.

• Like Like x 3
Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution