Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Now, Gurbani rendered in calligraphy

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by spnadmin, Dec 29, 2009.

1. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Now, Gurbani rendered in calligraphy

Amritsar, Dec 28 : Hardeep Singh, an artist in Amritsar, has drafted the Gurbani, the Sikh scriptures in calligraphy.

He said he undertook the work because he had not seen anybody doing it before.

"It has been almost a year. The response has been great. Calligraphy means beautiful writing. The art originated in England. I have not seen anybody drafting Gurbani in calligraphy that is why I decided to undertake it," said Hardeep Singh.

His father, Surindra Singh, himself a collector of art antique''s, helping him with his new venture.

"We have preserved the invaluable pieces of art. Though it is duty of the government to preserve it. We also have some illustrated materials. If government wants I can give it to them," said Surindra Singh.

Hardeep Singh is a computer teacher by profession, but an artist by heart. He prints the borderline of the page on computer and writes the verses of Gurvani with his hands.

He is the great grandson of Bhai Gian Singh Naqqash, who worked on a portion of the sanctum sanctorum in the Golden Temple.

2. Loading...