• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Non-Heterosexuality

Jul 13, 2004
UK
'God enjoys sex through all'

Nope, God is beyong pleasures and worldly desires.
God has no sexual orientation obviously. Heterosexual people seem to believe he does though [with severe ignorance] they are anthropomorphising God.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all!

Quote >>>Nope, God is beyong pleasures and worldly desires. <<<
Nirguna God is not different and beyond Sarguna God.

Quote >>>God has no sexual orientation obviously. <<<
It is surprising that human beings know God so exactly.

Quote >>>Heterosexual people seem to believe he does though [with severe ignorance] they are anthropomorphising God. <<<
Does God differentiates human beings? Ignorant people are also born and live in God's Will. In my view God acts, a person in illusion feels he is suffering or enjoying it.

Balbir Singh

anders

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
Sweden
Coming in late in this thread, I'll just address one point of CC's well researched and beautifully argued OP:
Lust
Many Sikhs seem to think that it is not acceptable for a Sikh to be homosexual or bisexual, because Guruji strongly condemns lust:
"Just as the lustful man is enticed by lust" - page 629
This quote is clearly gender neutral, and sexuality neutral. According to Guruji anyone can be enticed by lust, therefore, all sexuality can be lust, heterosexual or otherwise.
This means just because one is not heterosexual, does not mean they are full of lust.
Exactly. And I bring up this little but obvious detail because I'm puzzled by people who concentrate on the physical details of same-gender love. What are their hangups? I have known several male-male couples, at least one of them married. They didn't care about what my fiancée and I were doing at home, nor did I speculate on their behaviour. But some of them were models of true love, and would for example have made ideal, loving, caring parents, capable to bring up children to be tolerant and useful persons. To the best of my knowledge, none of them tried to become parents in any applicable way. Rather a pity, but I don't judge them either way.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM