• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

No Sikh Superheroes? Why Not? And What Can We Do About It?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
You know this thread has brought so many smiles, giggles and quiet laughter into my life. But more! It is really wonderful to look a reality through a different lens, and a different lens, and a different lens.... because much of the "real" world is conjured and the magicians are teachers :eek: helping us by making the unknown known.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
because much of the "real" world is conjured and the magicians are teachers :eek: helping us by making the unknown known.( quote aad ji)

Their numbers are increasing day by day, what will happen when all become like them?:{;o:

because much of the "real" world is conjured and the magicians are teachers :eek: helping us by making the unknown known.( quote aad ji)

Their numbers are increasing day by day, what will happen when all become like them?:{;o:

pk70, what a silly question!

naturally..all the magicians will collude and build a large 'collosseum' then fight each other to the death in it!

good vs good

the person who beats the others into submission gets a lollipop and a pointy shiny crown of righteousness.

wait a second....:}:): (deja vu)

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
pk70, what a silly question!

naturally..all the magicians will collude and build a large 'collosseum' then fight each other to the death!

good vs good

the person who beats the others into submission gets a lollipop and a pointy shiny crown of righteousness.

wait a second....:}:): (deja vu) ( sinister ji)
EXACTLY ! Do not need to guess, the smile is on my face:) ( deja vu ! kind of )

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bhagat ji

Just curious....:confused: Whether anything can be adapted for a Sikh Flame Warriors toon..:eek: The art work is pretty good, but yours would be better.

Flame Warriors

Adding this thought. A Sikh Warrior that overpowers some of the Flame Warriors, and forms alliances with other Flame Warriors. The plots could become very intricate and based in cyberspace. Maybe in the matrix.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Bhagat ji

Just curious....:confused: Whether anything can be adapted for a Sikh Flame Warriors toon..:eek: The art work is pretty good, but yours would be better.

Flame Warriors

Adding this thought. A Sikh Warrior that overpowers some of the Flame Warriors, and forms alliances with other Flame Warriors. The plots could become very intricate and based in cyberspace. Maybe in the matrix.
Well, to be honest Aad Ji, I am not interested in doing that caricature sort of thing, in terms of art. That said, we would need more characters. :ice:
Obviously, we can't use the ones on their website, so we have to come up with our own.

Here's my take on cyberspace! Why not have some sort of virtual internet world? Our Sikh protagonists have some sort of power (like the flame warriors) in that world, and our friends must carry out certain missions to keep the World Wide Web(Earth) safe... still thinking about how it would work. Think "Matrix" like... I am imagining Amazon as a big book store in this world.:}{}{}:
The more I think about this the more interested I become. If you had something different in mind, please share. :)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
No actually Bhagat ji,

I only had some very general ideas -- and definitely thought that whatever happened should happen in a Matrix like environment. My hope was that you would do what you did. Take the concept and then transform it into a more creative concept. So Yes I Do Like The Direction That You Are Suggesting. Much more interesting. :cool: And it builds in the moral/ethical component.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bhagat ji

The Matrix as setting intrigues me. The Matrix is religiously neutral except for that very strange woman, Penny, who tells fortunes -- a quasi-religious element, that is all.

Therefore.

Therefore (add sound of academic coughing)....

Therefore (wince a couple of times) .... though no Sikh has ever been viewed in the Matrix, the digital traces are nonetheless ready for activation. The entry of Bani and Bana, miri and piri... (more academic coughing and wincing) .... because their possibility is undeniably there. Thus, a Sikh Warrior can have a dynamic impact on the meeting of good and good, evil and evil, and good against evil. Very exciting....

In my humble opinion. :cool:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
No SIKH SUPERHEROES!?!?!?
meet KES! The strongest mutant the world will ever know!

http://prince911.deviantart.com/art/Kes-Concept-2-97772359

EDIT:Meet Kes (pronounced "case" );), a mutant from my Mutants storyline. Here he has lifted a GO train with his hair.

If this was a movie scene, the following would be the soundtrack that would be played in the back. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
..and yes his left arm is totally screwed... cuz I totally forgot to work on it! hehe

Last edited:

lionprinceuk

(previously Lion_Prince_Jatinder)
SPNer
Jun 29, 2004
west london
What do you mean exactly? I am all for sikh superheroes, isn't Captain Nemo one? lol

Also I wrote s i k h with a small "s", why does it become Sikh with a capital "S", why does this forum do this? I do not like this, I actually write with a small "s" on purpose to signify being a disciple/follower.

Who do I speak to, to a moderator?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM