• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

New Scam?

MKAUR1981

SPNer
Aug 24, 2006
WJKK WJKF

I've just come back from my lunch hour and want to share what has just happened..

A guy in a turban come up to me addressed me as "panji" and asked whether there were any shops in the area that sell pooja items. I told him he would not get them in this area, but maybe if he goes to Ilford. He asked me to write journey details and whilst I done this he broke out into telling me that he has read my forehead and that I am going through a bad time etc.

He said I don't read the Path and I should. Corrected him and said I read Japji and Rehras, so he said I should read the Sukhmani too and offer black lentils to the birds. I gave him back the paper with the route to Ilford and he handed me a paper scrunched up. I knew I should have walked away at this point but the curiousity got the better of me. He asked me to think of 2 names of flowers and how many brothers I've got. The first flower represented my past and the second my present. Then he asked me to open the piece of paper he gave to me and it had the second flower I named and the number of brothers correct. I know this is a scam but how did he do it I don't know.

At this point I walked off and he asked for a donation, saying "Wahegurro sab tikh kardo ga". But then he said he wanted £21. I said he is not getting that. He accused me of listening to his reading and that I should donate. I was getting really annoyed at this point so told him I have a £5 note he is welcome to take that (just to get him off my case), but I never asked him for any reading and that you approached me. He never took £5 and I walked away feeling really uncomfortable.

Has this happened to anyone else?

----------------------------------------

freedom84

SPNer
Dec 8, 2006
WJKK WJKF

I've just come back from my lunch hour and want to share what has just happened..

A guy in a turban come up to me addressed me as "panji" and asked whether there were any shops in the area that sell pooja items. I told him he would not get them in this area, but maybe if he goes to Ilford. He asked me to write journey details and whilst I done this he broke out into telling me that he has read my forehead and that I am going through a bad time etc.

He said I don't read the Path and I should. Corrected him and said I read Japji and Rehras, so he said I should read the Sukhmani too and offer black lentils to the birds. I gave him back the paper with the route to Ilford and he handed me a paper scrunched up. I knew I should have walked away at this point but the curiousity got the better of me. He asked me to think of 2 names of flowers and how many brothers I've got. The first flower represented my past and the second my present. Then he asked me to open the piece of paper he gave to me and it had the second flower I named and the number of brothers correct. I know this is a scam but how did he do it I don't know.

At this point I walked off and he asked for a donation, saying "Wahegurro sab tikh kardo ga". But then he said he wanted £21. I said he is not getting that. He accused me of listening to his reading and that I should donate. I was getting really annoyed at this point so told him I have a £5 note he is welcome to take that (just to get him off my case), but I never asked him for any reading and that you approached me. He never took £5 and I walked away feeling really uncomfortable.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Why did you even bother giving him £5? A clip around the ear would have been enough! This kind of stuff happens in India, its not as common here. Don't think too much into how he knew facts about you, you'll be suprised how much people you've never met know about you anyway!

The superstitions these guys believe in are crazy, its mainly old women who listen to them. Next he'll tell you to run around your office with a dustbin on your head to ensure you get a promotion!

Last edited:

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Respected Mkaur1981 ji,

Go to a country like India/Nepal/China ....especially big cities - if you aren't careful enough this will happen to you every other day. seems like it is not the time anymore to talk to the strangers anywhere in the world, the more desperate they look, the more shrewd they turn out to be. Just be careful.

forgive me please

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Why did you even bother giving him £5? A clip around the ear would of been enough! This kind of stuff happens in India, its not as common here. Don't think too much into how he knew facts about you, you'll be suprised how much people you've never met know about you anyway!

The superstitions these guys believe in are crazy, its mainly old women who listen to them. Next he'll tell you to run around your office with a dustbin on your head to ensure you get a promotion!

:) exactly :)

Respected freedom84 Ji how come we ended up posting the same thought at the exact same point of time- such people can make a biggi about this too :crazy: he he

forgive me please

freedom84

SPNer
Dec 8, 2006
:) exactly :)

Respected freedom84 Ji how come we ended up posting the same thought at the exact same point of time- such people can make a biggi about this too :crazy: he he

forgive me please

Yes, it was quite freaky...I think we should demand a sum of money from MKAUR1981 too!

Its sad people can earn a living knowing they are complete con-artisits, but the saddest point is our people would rather ask them than their Guru.

MKAUR1981

SPNer
Aug 24, 2006
Thanks Surinder Ji and Freedom Ji

I DON'T believe in these people, but stupidly I got curious. However, it was how pushy he was when asking for money that I felt awkward.

Thinking about it now I wish I could ask him how could call himself a Sikh. What he is doing is just another glorified way of begging.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006

Respected Mkaur1981 Ji,

you know what you should have said- Sir, Sikh Veers don't ask money from their Sisters, they PROVIDE - ?????? :hmm:

just joking, so many tricks these money grabbers use amazingingly with no shame at all. FREE MONEY i don't know how they digest all this!!!!!!

Respected freedom 84 Ji,

what did you decide on the amout we should CLAIM :cool:

forgive me please

Dec 7, 2006
Such a great Sage that he needed you to write journey details to Ilford?

Surely the answer was for him to find the location of the Pooja shop in one of his screwed up bits of paper!

freedom84

SPNer
Dec 8, 2006
Thanks Surinder Ji and Freedom Ji

I DON'T believe in these people, but stupidly I got curious. However, it was how pushy he was when asking for money that I felt awkward.

Thinking about it now I wish I could ask him how could call himself a Sikh. What he is doing is just another glorified way of begging.

I think its probably natural to be curious...normally these people drag you in by meeting more than once, when the curiosity really reaches its peak, they'll slap you with a £10,000 invoice to pay first!

freedom84

SPNer
Dec 8, 2006
Respected Mkaur1981 Ji,

you know what you should have said- Sir, Sikh Veers don't ask money from their Sisters, they PROVIDE - ?????? :hmm:

just joking, so many tricks these money grabbers use amazingingly with no shame at all. FREE MONEY i don't know how they digest all this!!!!!!

Respected freedom 84 Ji,

what did you decide on the amout we should CLAIM :cool:

forgive me please

I'm still thinking...how much do you reckon?!

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
How about adding a couple of more zeerooooos to £10,000s, he he

i dont know what happened to our mysterious Sikh Ji after he left MkaurJis office- he certainly made our day :)

freedom84

SPNer
Dec 8, 2006
I've heard of people who hang green chillies under a lemon outside their house to keep out evil spirits, regardless of all the bad things they do themselves inside the house. Or people throwing coal down their toilet. These fake baba's definately have a wild imagination!!!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM