• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

World New Female Condom, Rape-aXe, Has Teeth To Catch Rapists

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
New female condom, Rape-aXe has teeth to catch rapist; distributed in World Cup cities

South African Doctor, Sonnet Ehlers has developed a new female condom called Rape-aXe; 30,000 of the condoms are currently being distributed in South African cities where World Cup games are being held.

Rape aXe is inserted into a woman like a tampon, jagged teeth-like hooks line the inside, and grab onto a ***** upon penetration. The condom causes severe pain and it can only be surgical removed by a doctor. Ehlers hopes that police will also be contacted when a man comes into an emergency room with one on.

"It hurts, he cannot pee and walk when it's on," she said. "If he tries to remove it, it will clasp even tighter... however, it doesn't break the skin, and there's no danger of fluid exposure."

Ehlers said that she got the idea 40 years ago when a rape victim told her that she wished she had “teeth down there”. Ehlers is currently giving away 30,000 of the condoms, and plans to sell them for $2 each after the World Cup testing period. She sold her house and car to develop the condom.

"I consulted engineers, gynecologists and psychologists to help in the design and make sure it was safe," she said.

More women are raped in South Africa than almost anywhere else in the world. Dr. Ehlers hopes that new of this condom will discourage men from even attempting to rape a woman.

For more information about the anti-rape condom, click here.

New female condom, Rape-aXe has teeth to catch rapist; distributed in World Cup cities

Attachments

• story_rape_condom.jpg
    story_rape_condom.jpg
    22.7 KB · Reads: 279

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
This should be given in every city in India,especially Rape Capital Of India Delhi.

What about gang rapes how this will protect her from gang rapes?And wearing it daily means Girl will have to constantly think She may be raped and this something no Indian girl want to do

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
What about gang rapes how this will protect her from gang rapes?And wearing it daily means Girl will have to constantly think She may be raped and this something no Indian girl want to do
Well, i doubt anyone would attempt doing it after seeing the fate of the first person attempting to the gruesome act... :seriousmunda: i surely, think there is a practicability of this is India, where a rape happens like every 10 secs or so... on the hindsight the misuse of this facility can be also be horrendous... :omgg:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Well, i doubt anyone would attempt doing it after seeing the fate of the first person attempting to the gruesome act... :seriousmunda: i surely, think there is a practicability of this is India, where a rape happens like every 10 secs or so... on the hindsight the misuse of this facility can be also be horrendous... :omgg:

Well as long as it is new concept many may be unaware but in 1-2 years the knowledge of it will become common the criminals will know then even after seeing first person in pain they will do it.Do you think that criminals are so noble that if something happen to to first person they will stop?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Well as long as it is new concept many may be unaware but in 1-2 years the knowledge of it will become common the criminals will know then even after seeing first person in pain they will do it.Do you think that criminals are so noble that if something happen to to first person they will stop?

Kanwardeep Singh ji

This contraption delivers more than a few scratches. A rapist has to go to the hospital to get it removed. Here we have an opportunity for the criminal to be apprehended. But for the sake of argument, let's say that doctors, medics, nurses decide to adhere to confidentiality and don't report it. Or, let's say they accept a bribe. Or maybe they do report it, but the police accept a bribe. Or the guy goes to trial and the judge accepts a bribe.

In the bribery scenario a lot of people will need to be paid off. And the next time the rapist tries it, he may get snagged again. And that will in turn mean more bribes, more hanky panky in the judge's chambers, more double-talk.

It will also mean more time between rapes because the courts in India, I have been told many times, are slow. Of course the rapist may decide to rape someone else before the earlier case is tried. (Assuming of course that his pain does not last too long.)

He is going to run out of money, or spend a lot of money for his compulsion, and make a lot of trips to the hospital, if he does not learn his lesson Time 1. Of course, there is also truth in that there is no accounting for human stupidity.

So maybe others that are part of a gang rape will take their chances Time 1. But the second time they attempt a gang-rape, who is going to go first?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
In the bribery scenario a lot of people will need to be paid off. And the next time the rapist tries it, he may get snagged again. And that will in turn mean more bribes, more hanky panky in the judge's chambers, more double-talk.

Narayanjot ji

Sorry to say but do you think that criminals are brainless?Next time He will put his fingers or something to remove it and then he will do what he want's.He could even insert dangerous thing and brutally hurt a woman.

If I am not wrong Anti rape belts were already their from medival time,even still used in some countries but they hardly become succesful

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Narayanjot ji

Sorry to say but do you think that criminals are brainless?Next time He will put his fingers or something to remove it and then he will do what he want's.He could even insert dangerous thing and brutally hurt a woman.

If I am not wrong Anti rape belts were already their from medival time,even still used in some countries but they hardly become succesful

LOL no!

Take a look at that thing! It is not a chastity belt. More like the mouth of a shark! As far as removing it "next time he will put his fingers or something to remove it" do you think the doctor was "brainless" and did not think of that? Let's get further information about this device to clear your doubts.

As for

He could even insert dangerous thing and brutally hurt a woman.

They do that now! They do that anyway! They do worse!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
LOL no!

Take a look at that thing! It is not a chastity belt. More like the mouth of a shark! As far as removing it "next time he will put his fingers or something to remove it" do you think the doctor was "brainless" and did not think of that? Let's get further information about this device to clear your doubts.

As for

Well if the woman who is wearing it can easily remove it then how is it not possible for rapists not remove it?And if it is difficult to remove then very few women will prefer to wear it.Just because there is fear that she might be raped would she wear one which difficult to remove

As far doctor is concerned ,Inventors whether they are in the field of medical or engineering do invent lots of things and spend lots of time and money on their inventions
.Unfortunately out of 100 inventions very few become successfull in Real world

Also I was reading about the rapes in SA and one thing i read is that circumsion is the sign of being a man in their culture.Its quite possible that almost 100% of rapist rapists in SA are circumised so
Its obvious that she has tested it on more for circumised *****es.What about countries like India Where only muslims are circumised?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Well if the woman who is wearing it can easily remove it then how is it not possible for rapists not remove it?And if it is difficult to remove then very few women will prefer to wear it.Just because there is fear that she might be raped would she wear one which difficult to remove

As far doctor is concerned ,Inventors whether they are in the field of medical or engineering do invent lots of things and spend lots of time and money on their inventions
.Unfortunately out of 100 inventions very few become successfull in Real world

Kanwardeep Singh ji

Putting cynicism aside -- What is your personal opinion? What is the legitimate role of government (federal, state, local) and also institutions like the medical establishment toward protecting abuses against women? Whether it be weak rape laws, lax law enforcement, rape itself, rape within marriage, honor killings of women who have been raped, and abandonment of wives by NRI's after they have been sexually penetrated, and forced marriages?

If I could have a better understanding of policies that you yourself would approve, then perhaps it would be easier to understand why you seem so excessively critical of any effort made to improve the lot of women in India or elsewhere in the world.

Forgive me, but that is the impression that I have from several threads over several months. Where do you think society can make a meaningful difference?

Sep 27, 2008
England
SSA.
Well it sounds like it would certainly cause some serious pain and a serious lesson, again these pathetic excuse for human beings do not care how much pain and humiliation they cause to the women. First the woman goes through that awful ordeal and then has to stand up in court and has to answer in detail every step what happened. The pain and anguish it causes for the victims and their loved ones has no words. Narayanjot Ji sorry for being harsh but in my opinion i think castration should make a big differance, again i am sorry for having such a harsh opinion.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ugsbay ji

Your concerns are TOTALLY understandable. Add to your list, that she will never feel safe again, or at least for a long time, around men she does not know, even family members or co-workers. She may in some societies become undesirable for marriage (and for that reason may be pressured into an unsuitable marriage). If she is married, her relationship with her husband can go sour from either real or imagined suspicions. She may suffer from post-traumatic stress syndrome. She may have been physically injured, and seriously. She may contract venereal disease, and even AIDS-HIV. One or more than one of these is common for rape-victims. So I give this doctor high marks for making an effort.

It is not hard for me to understand what you say.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Kanwardeep Singh ji

Putting cynicism aside -- What is your personal opinion? What is the legitimate role of government (federal, state, local) and also institutions like the medical establishment toward protecting abuses against women? Whether it be weak rape laws, lax law enforcement, rape itself, rape within marriage, honor killings of women who have been raped, and abandonment of wives by NRI's after they have been sexually penetrated, and forced marriages?

If I could have a better understanding of policies that you yourself would approve, then perhaps it would be easier to understand why you seem so excessively critical of any effort made to improve the lot of women in India or elsewhere in the world.

Forgive me, but that is the impression that I have from several threads over several months. Where do you think society can make a meaningful difference?

Narayanjot ji

I don't understand why are you asking my personal views on rape and other things.I don't think I have said anything wrong in this thread.I just don't believe that this idea could work.

Anyway as you have asked so I am writing it.My personal views are That proper laws should be implemented against rapes by the govt and justice should be delivered to victim.Serial rapists should be given death sentence
But also on the other hand laws should not misused to extract money by fake victims as we have seen in case of anti dowry law which is grossly misused to such an extent that 90% of cases registered against in are fake.It is double blow

1) 1 innocent men and families go through extreme pain

2) genuine victims who try to get justice will loose the sympathy of society
and police.Even police will ask them how much you want we will make a deal and this will be our share.

marital rape is something which i believe should be scrutinised carefully.Only after proper enquiry husband should be jailed.I don't believe that because just a woman lodge a complaint her husband that she is raped then her husband should be punished as what happened between two is quite personal.

Now coming to rape ex is concerned may be in very high crime region of SA or any other part of world it could provide little safety for time being,but in most area's of world neither women will prefer to wear neither it could provide security for long time.This is my view that's it

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM