• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News 'Never Seen A Weak Sikh', Says Rahul Gandhi

Sep 20, 2004
Wooing Sikhs who form the majority in Punjab, Gandhi lashed out at the BJP for calling the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh 'as weak.'

"They call our prime minister weak, the lion of Punjab, who has earned a name to the country in the world. I have not seen a weak Sikh in my life," Gandhi told an
election rally at Barnala.

Continuing his attack on the saffron outfit during his address to a poll rally in national capital, he targeted the BJP of playing divisive politics.

Congress takes on BJP in Delhi, whose all seven seats will go to polls in the fourth phase on Thursday.

A total of 85 parliamentary constituencies across the states of
Bihar, West Bengal, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi will go to polls in the fourth-phase.

The outcome of the five-phased elections will be declared on May 16.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Re: 'Never seen a weak Sikh', says Rahul Gandhi (New Kerala)

Is Manmohan singh a Strong Sikh Who can't even tell his party not to give tickets to tytler and sajjan

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
My Dear Khalsa ji,

Gurfateh!

Yes Rahul is right in general terms. Dr. Manmohan Singh has shown his independence on many occasions but he did not stand up to his party's decision to field Sajjan Kumar and Tytler.

A strong Sikh is also one, who when a mistake has been made, will be the first to stand up and admit it. Lets face it. Indira Gandhi may have played the politics of the worst kind. But pray tell me why did Sikhs allow arms build up and fortification of Durbar Sahib. Did they seriously believe that they could challenge the Indian State from the limited and confined area of Golden Temple? Was it not a very serious defect in the thought process and why has no Sikh of substance ever admitted it? Has this not been a weakness on part of Sikhs? Had we admitted our mistake, we would have been in a much stronger position to counter several canards being spread against the Sikhs.

Raj Karega Khalsa!

Harbans Singh

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
this topic is not about Indira or Darbar sahib.This is about manmohan being a strong or weak.You can please your mind by saying that Manmohan is strong but the fact is he is just a another slave of Sonia,Rahul.This was the main reason for his selection.If anything goes wrong in future then Manmoham will be blamed for that and If he all goes well then all praise to Sonia and Rahul

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
My Dear Khalsa ji,

Gurfateh!

Yes Rahul is right in general terms. Dr. Manmohan Singh has shown his independence on many occasions but he did not stand up to his party's decision to field Sajjan Kumar and Tytler.

A strong Sikh is also one, who when a mistake has been made, will be the first to stand up and admit it. Lets face it. Indira Gandhi may have played the politics of the worst kind. But pray tell me why did Sikhs allow arms build up and fortification of Durbar Sahib. Did they seriously believe that they could challenge the Indian State from the limited and confined area of Golden Temple? Was it not a very serious defect in the thought process and why has no Sikh of substance ever admitted it? Has this not been a weakness on part of Sikhs? Had we admitted our mistake, we would have been in a much stronger position to counter several canards being spread against the Sikhs.

Raj Karega Khalsa!

Harbans Singh

Harbans Singh ji
The topic under discussion is about Manmohan Singh, why from him, you are going to the history that has nothing to do with Manmohan Singh Ji?
Manmohan Singh Ji knew from the beginning that Sajjan etc politicians were in question; however, he never showed guts to stand up against them, he never pressured Sonia to deliver justice to 84 genocide victims as soon as possible, how anyone can call him even brave? By the way such things shouldn’t be expected from politicians.
Of course, no politician so far has been as honest as he is. Punjab Voters have one option, what party can stand for them better than the other?

GillAUS

SPNer
Apr 20, 2009
Australia
Regardless of what ever reasons people may think warranted Bluestar, the bottom line is that it was WRONG.

Until the Congress formally acknowledges this mistake and issues a formal apology to the Sikh community, as well as bring to justice all culprits behind the '84 riots in addition to compensation to victims - it will always be haunted by Bluestar.

Whatever they say and do, no matter how many posts they give Sikhs, it's all meaningless until the above-mentioned has been implemented.

Sadly though, I don't think any of this will ever happen so-long as there are members of the Nehru-Gandhi progeny in the party. They need to purge themselves of this so-called dynasty to really come clean.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
GillAUS ji

Great -- you are right. One can debate the pro's and the con's of actions taken by Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale until the cows come home. Bluestar was the insane criminal response of a political machine that had lost control of its own machinations of deception and manipulation. Others in other forum threads have fully explained how that took place in history.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM