• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Need Moral Support

Apr 4, 2007
Firstly, who cares? How about everyone who thinks this is an "appropriate" thing for women to do, and that not doing it is socially "inappropriate". This can be a powerful psychological and even practical force against which women who don't follow such trends must endure. I'm not sure you realise how much a woman who is different in such ways can be ostracized from female "community" and acceptance. Certainly the degree to which things effect you is created to some extent by the significance you grant the opinions of others, but one ought not underestimate the effects one can suffer by choosing to not follow such social memes. Ask any American atheist, for example, if it's easy being that different in many American communities.

you're kidding, right? i never shaved my legs, even before i was sikh, i was never "ostracized" from any community... why is it anyone else's business whether or not i have hair on my legs? i certainly never suffered for it. if a woman is so shallow as to have friends that care whether she shaves her legs or not... well i guess that's a different story.

seriously though, it's no big deal.

btw, i used to be an american atheist, that wasn't so bad either. ;) you have to stop worrying so much about what other people think. :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: